what critter scares you the most?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
There are many animals that are scary but I'm going to be realistic here.

The only animal I actually have a chance to encounter randomly on the street that frightens me greatly (besides people's trained attack mastiff) are [a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Badger]Brocks.[/a] Oh sure they look cute and it's fun when people sing about them in internet Memes. But holy shit those things are brutal. They clamp down with their jaw which has some sort of special hinge for clamping or something. And do not let go.

An American badger when agitated is basically a bear trap and blendtec blender that can make 180 degree pivots my grandfather used to say badgers are the only animals that can turn around in their own skin.

Seriously if I saw one i would run and hide. Like a little girl.

What animal scares you the most?

prefer animals that actual exist.

side note: When I googled the word 'badger' the image that came up was a nude masculine furry drawing of one...that has only added to my fear

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Admiral Crunch said:
Wolverine, hands down.

Like a badger sort of, but roughly four times worse.
A quick google search shows that they are very closely related.
My god.
what if global warming causes wolverines to move further south and they make some horrible hybrid beast?

OptimisticPessimist

Nov 15, 2010
These fuckers

See, when I was a kid (having just seen the fourth film) my parents told me they were in our basement. I never went down into that basement alone.

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
Black widow spiders. Been finding them around my apartment lately and my husband is too scared to go after them so I have to. I'm freaked out by the idea of one of my dogs getting bitten and agonizing in their last hours.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Whatever the crap that thing is. I'm just glad I don't live anywhere near where I might find one.

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
Scorpions. Mother fucking scorpions. If there's one species that has no reason to live(besides humans), and i'd happily have exterminated, it'd be scorpions.

baconsarnie

Jan 8, 2011
That i have come across here in the UK, bees and wasps. Seriously i freak out if either come anywhere near me.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
If you live in Sydney the Funnel Web Spider roams around human inhabited areas. Blue Ring Octopus is a scary *****, kills you in minutes from touching you and there is no anti-venom (also found in Australia) and it is only 10ish centimeters wide (including tentacles). Finally I have the Irukandji Jellyfish

Seriously it won't kill you but by touching you it will leave you hospitalised with pain so severe people have said at the time they would have preferred to die than keep going with the pain, you skin feels like it is on fire and all your internal organs ache and all you muscles cramp up extremely painfully, again no anti-venom they just pump you full of chemicals to counteract as many of the symptoms as possible (other symptoms being really high blood pressure, nausea, headaches and some other strange psychological effects). All of these are very possible for me to come across if I ever travel slightly south from Brisbane.

However if you want something I am likely find on a day to day basis Red-backs are a nastily common occurence in Australia.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Layz92 said:
However if you want something I am likely find on a day to day basis Red-backs are a nastily common occurence in Australia.
It's cousin the black widow spider lives up here. Kind of rare in my parts but not unknown. Other then their stealthy tricks I'm pretty sure I can take most spiders in a fight.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
ace_of_something said:
Layz92 said:
It's cousin the black widow spider lives up here. Kind of rare in my parts but not unknown. Other then their stealthy tricks I'm pretty sure I can take most spiders in a fight.
To be honest they are not that threatening, if they bite which rarely happens it probably won't be venomous. You have to seriously threaten that species to get yourself poisoned. I'm talking "cupping your hands around it and slowly pushing your hands together" sought of threatening. Most of the stuff that is scary in Australia mostly wants to be left alone so all you need is to give it some room. Lace Monitors, Tasmanian Devils, even Koalas will have a go with their pointy, pointy claws if you get in their face. There is only a spider species or 2 that I know of that will actually attack.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011

Rattlesnakes, ugh. There's 5 different species in Nevada that can kill you, and as someone who loves hiking i've seen em all. I nearly stepped on a Sidewinder last month, getting bit almost an hour from the nearest hospital would have sucked major ass.

Fullmetalfox

Apr 5, 2011
Layz92 said:
If you live in Sydney the Funnel Web Spider roams around human inhabited areas. Blue Ring Octopus is a scary *****, kills you in minutes from touching you and there is no anti-venom (also found in Australia) and it is only 10ish centimeters wide (including tentacles). Finally I have the Irukandji Jellyfish

Seriously it won't kill you but by touching you it will leave you hospitalised with pain so severe people have said at the time they would have preferred to die than keep going with the pain, you skin feels like it is on fire and all your internal organs ache and all you muscles cramp up extremely painfully, again no anti-venom they just pump you full of chemicals to counteract as many of the symptoms as possible (other symptoms being really high blood pressure, nausea, headaches and some other strange psychological effects). All of these are very possible for me to come across if I ever travel slightly south from Brisbane.

And on top of that, there's those nasty politicians who want to ban almost any videogame worth playing, who some would claim are the most poisonous critters in Australia. :D

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
If I see any of these things and I'm not expecting them, I will jump: Bees, Wasps, Spiders (any insect really), or Snakes. The insects because nothing makes me jump like looking at your arm and suddenly finding something so alien crawling on it. Primal fear takes over then and I bolt. I once, from a sitting position, hopped up from a concrete table and moved ten feet in the blink of an eye because I suddenly saw a wasp by my hand. My friends just stared at me for a second. I thought they were going to laugh. Instead, one of them said, "How did you do that? I've never seen someone move so fast. Can you do it again?" I shrugged and said no. It was sheer reflex.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
LobsterFeng said:
Whatever the crap that thing is. I'm just glad I don't live anywhere near where I might find one.
That...that would literally cause me to scream like a little school girl and run in the opposite direction if I stumbled across one. What is that?

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
The bacteria which live in the human digestive tract. The moment that one can no longer provide for them, one is eaten from within!

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Not for the faint of heart.
I left it outside of a spoiler tab just so you don't give yourself a jump scare when you click it.
Also
This
is
a
precaution
THE MOTHERF*CKING GIANT MARINE ISOPOD!!!!
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/big_animals/potato2.jpg
The hell nature?!?!
You do not create animals by scanning people's nightmares!
Also the star-nosed Mole
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/08star-nosed-mole-425x282.jpg
GAHHHHHHHH!

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Fullmetalfox said:
And on top of that, there's those nasty politicians who want to ban almost any videogame worth playing, who some would claim are the most poisonous critters in Australia. :D
Haha topical, I like it. The true monstrous creatures of our time to be feared. Cursed politicians...

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
LobsterFeng said:
Those things are Camel Spiders. Here's a link to a site with more information.
http://www.camelspiders.net/