What did you do on your 18th?

SpaceArcader

Mar 2, 2011
My 18th is coming up in a week, and I want to make it remember-able. I was thinking pubbing and clubbing in the city, but my other thought was maybe do something local.

Post your 18th birthdays and experiences OT.

alejandropro

Aug 11, 2009
I had class at uni early in the morning, then went to grab a bite with people I had just met in my class. Went back home, until a friend took me ice skating, and at night a bunch of guys came over to my place and we all had pizza. Twas a good day =)

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Pretty sure I spent it playing MtG and VtM with friends. If you want to make it memorable make sure you are doing what you want, not what you are being told you should want.

Patton662

Apr 4, 2010
I got super drunk what else? It was the only birthday I celebrated since I was 10.

Zebidizy

Apr 8, 2009
7 day bash at my house =) mines on the 12th of july so had to stay outa the city centre. but got the house for a week had all m8s over. many games and movies were watched songs sung and copious amounts of alcohol were consumed in all forms. =)

the spud

May 2, 2011
I ran naked through the streets yelling "Born to be wild."

At least that is what I plan to do.

I garuntee it will be memorable.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
It was a Saturday in November last year. I bought some fireworks and a bottle of Jack Daniels that, if I have my way, will be my last drink ever. Oh! and I went to see Motorhead with friends and got fairly drunk. Overall, a very good day.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Uhhh...

Nothing, really. Had a few family members come over, ate some cake, got some money, and that's it. No parties or friends or anything of the sort. It was pretty boring.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Very little, as having birthday in August meant that most people where on holiday at the time.
I think what I did was have my first experience of fine dining at a local restaurant.

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
On my 18th birthday me and some friends gathered at my house, we ate, we got drunk and we chatted and listened to music....sort of like how we did for most of my birthdays before and since.

Boring, eh? Mostly since there's nothing actually remarkable about your 18th birthday.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Went on the boat cruise from Oslo to Copenhagen with a couple of girls.

That was fun.

JMV

Sep 25, 2009
I... went to school? Can't say I enjoy celebrating my birthday. But yeah, just do whatever you please, that's the beauty of it. Plus, I think the most memorable things are mostly stuff that just happen, so keep your plans simple.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
I went and a some rounds of Airsoft for the day, it was the first time i had tried it, and i was awsome.

Jenx said:
Boring, eh? Mostly since there's nothing actually remarkable about your 18th birthday.
Well you can legally buy drink? in the Uk at least, thats kinda a big deal.

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
I was the first in my group of friends to turn 18 so I had to remain semi-sober to order for everyone else.

Other than that pub crawl from the restaurant where my parents threw my a surprise party (I thought it was a family affair then half of my friends showed up) and spent about 2 and a hlak hours in the local bar talking to the random old-guy from every pub about the works of Rudyard Kipling. Interesting night

MrSean

Dec 18, 2010
I stayed at home, I have a shit social life and am having a hard time fixing that. :(

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Super Six One said:
I went and a some rounds of Airsoft for the day, it was the first time i had tried it, and i was awsome.

Jenx said:
Well you can legally buy drink? in the Uk at least, thats kinda a big deal.
True true, I mean there is that. But it's still only a legal issue (and in some countries the age limit is 21, so it's not even universal), but aside from that I honestly don't see why people put such importance on the 18th birthday. After all, just because a person is 18 and is legally allowed to drink and vote, it doesn't mean they know how to drink responsibility or have the proper knowledge of their country's political situation to make the right vote.

That and where I live the law isn't as strict about alcohol. Yeah technically you have to be 18 to buy alcohol, but practically if you want to drink - you will drink.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Nothing particularly remarkable, went out for tea and had alcohol instead of soft drinks, but besides that nothing that I didn't do before. Even the joint celebration I had with a mate who's birthday is relatively close wasn't that great mainly cos the group that we had invited seemed to be more interested in drinking than it being mine and his event sort of thing.

I've had more of a laugh at other people's 18ths, put it that way.