What did you get for Holiday 2014?

pokeplayer984

Jan 13, 2014
Merry Christmas, Everyone! :)

The Holidays of December are a time to spend with those we care about. For some of us, that means getting something from our loved ones to show they care.

What did you get this year? Make your list below!

I'll start!

TMNT Pajama Pants (My mom buys the family Pajama Pants every year and as tradition, we wear them throughout Christmas Day.)
Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (Yep! I got both! :D )
MarioKart 8
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Gift Cards for Wendy's, Zuppa's and Chick-fil-A (Looks like free lunch for a few days!)
Sudoku Books
$75 in cash!

Also, I was looking forward to the traditional Sticky Buns Breakfast, but we are changing things this year due to lack of family members. Oh well! There's always next year! :)

That's it from me!

See ya later!

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
My mummy bought me an iPhone 5C because my old phone barely worked and she thought it was about time I caught up with the land of the living and got a smartphone.

My boyfriend got me a Fossil watch that I totally didn't pick out myself. :3

I got both before Christmas though so it was kind of a bummer not having anything to unwrap this year.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Chocolates (Lots of it, which is fantastic), boxer shorts, £120 and an i5-4690.
Admittedly the i5 was an early Christmas/Birthday present but hey, it was worth it.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I got a pair of fancy bedroom slippers from my sister which fit nice and snug.

We really don't do presents with Christmas in our family, but my sister being the stubborn mule that she is went ahead and bought a couple for us anyway. Now I'll have to go buy something for her. *sigh* I hate wracking my brain over what to buy for someone.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
£120 in cash, some smellies, some socks and some chocolate.

Not a bad haul :D

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
The usual: some clothes, some gift cards... I also got a book about Marvel comics characters, a "Rapture New Years ball" poster, a "Columbia Freight" messenger bag (What can I say, I like Bioshock), and new pajamas/robe/slippers.

Funny how getting clothes for Christmas as adult doesn't bother you like when you were a kid...

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Well my dad bought me a bottle of vodka and a bottle of coffee liqueur. My mom probably got me a shirt, I don't know. She's far away and mailed me a pic of the gift. My girlfriend's giving it to me later today, don't know what it is. And I bought four PS3 games for myself earlier this month: Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Ni no Kuni and Dragon's Crown. Also bought a bunch of books: Armageddon in Retrospect by Kurt Vonnegut and Silence by Shusaku Endo.

That's it!

EDIT: Girlfriend got me L.A. Noire! Bless her heart.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Once again, I got nothing because the sorta boyfriend (long story [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.862900-Boyfriend-of-3-1-2-Years-Kinda-Broke-Up-With-Me?page=1]) doesn't like the holiday (didn't mind yesterday when I was making food for him all day for the occasion), and has ran off to eat Chinese food all day, leaving me all alone to wallow in my now traditional festive misery.

pokeplayer984 said:
Sticky Buns
Well, at least I'm not the only one who calls cinnamon buns sticky buns.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
So far, A Lego Darth Vader alarm clock and a pair of flannel pants from my Mom and a $25 gift card to Amazon from my Aunt. I'm still waiting on things from my Dad and Sis, so who knows what the future holds!

pokeplayer984

Jan 13, 2014
soren7550 said:
pokeplayer984 said:
Sticky Buns
Actually, these kinds of Sticky Buns are puff pastries cooked golden brown with a sticky sauce that's made out of only butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. The nut topping is optional in our family.

Trust me, they are delicious! :D

Re capatcha: No, I shall not get off my high horse today! :D

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
A couple shirts, a bit of chocolate, a homemade magnet board, a couple bottles of coke (with metal caps for the magnet board after being drunk), and a trio of Star Wars posters (Also homemade sort of.).

Dec 14, 2009
soren7550 said:
Once again, I got nothing because the sorta boyfriend (long story [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.862900-Boyfriend-of-3-1-2-Years-Kinda-Broke-Up-With-Me?page=1]) doesn't like the holiday (didn't mind yesterday when I was making food for him all day for the occasion), and has ran off to eat Chinese food all day, leaving me all alone to wallow in my now traditional festive misery.

pokeplayer984 said:
Sticky Buns

Why would you do that for someone who treats you like shit?

Have some damn pride.

OT: My girlfriend got me a scarf (it's huge!) another scarf (not so huge!), a mug that says 'Dick' on it, with the handle as the D, and a bracelet :3

She also got me a silver ring with my name in Ogham script engraved on it, but that's more a birthday present.

I got a coat, a watch (that doesn't work so I have to take it back), another scarf from my sister (I like scarves), and loads of cash monies.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My parent- Mobile phone (Samsumg). Well ok this was an early Christmas present since they wanted me to used their credit card (it would of been cancel if they didn't used it soon.)

My bro- Two dvds, Pacific Rim and The Lego Movie.

Big whoop.

Before you asked about my friend present, we made a deal to not get each others present mainly cos we were skints in the past althought we all got jobs now (well one of my mates is on a tight budgets).

natenate95

Invalid CD key
Nov 5, 2008
Soren your sorta boyfriend sounds like a sorta asshole.

Anyway, my family doesn't do the whole gift exchanging thing, nor tree thing...or really anything. But I bought myself the Revival Vol 1 HC

and a Revival t shirt. I want the damn hoodie, but no one makes it.

Merry whatever/happy stuff and such.

Oct 2, 2012
I got a ps4 from my grandparents, some heavy duty floor ats for my car from my Aunt, and a Super Nintendo and some games from my Uncle.
Oh and my friend @Eclipse Dragon: got me a dragon plushie :D

Its been a very good holiday :3

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Got a replica Duff beer can, a scale model of Donkey Kong, the book Nineteen Eighty-Four, 40 euro's and a DVD.

Atleast finally a fun holiday.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
My family was kind enough to replace my aged laptop this year with a fancy new one.

This is the one they gave me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWE9SBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sep 24, 2008
I bought myself this: the Fuel Pureformance Dip Station with Rings [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008F48AN2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]. It is amazing.

Both my parents had strokes and are brain damaged, so I had to move back with them and take care of them. I got them clothes, a foot spa, a picture frame so we can have a group picture soon, and some coats.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
soren7550 said:
Isn't this the guy who lied about going to Florida with his family and instead flew over to Chicago to sleep with your friend? Why don't you ditch him once and for all? He's an asshole.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I got two mobile charging devices, some electronic game thing that, while entertaining, I probably would have been more into like eight years ago, a thing to cover my windshield the few times it snows where I live, and I bought my self some chocolate and a new electric razor. I'll probably head out tomorrow and take advantage of some of the after Christmas sale and get myself some clothes.