What did you GIVE for Christmas?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
This is going to be kinda boring, though this is the first Christmas where I actually BOUGHT presents at all so there's that: I bought my mother a clapper to save her the hassle of getting up to turn of her lights at night, and I bought my dad a universal remote to replace the four different remotes for the living room that he keeps getting mixed up.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
I don't usually give gifts, though this year I did give my best friend a copy of Final Fantasy 7. He had never played it before, but thought it looked cool, so I decided to get him a copy.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
Lesse...Castlevania for the 3DS, Call of Duty Ghosts, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Disgaea Hour of Darkness 2, a LOT of steam games, a gift card for Chapters (a book store), a multi-tool and a coin collection I had spent the year building.

nariette

Jun 9, 2013
Nothing interesting, I just bought my family member what they would like. I bought my brother a book about how to survive a zombie apocalypse, and my mother a new block calender of her favourite comic artist.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I can't really remember? I only buy presents for my mother, grandparents, one uncle and my mother's best friend. Well, by "buy presents" I mean "Give money to mother's best friend because she knows what to buy" apparently I bought a new tablet cover for my mother this year and that's all I can remember. I hand buy all their cards though!

Me and my friends have a thing where we don't buy each other anything for anything for convenience.

Multi-Hobbyist

Oct 26, 2009
EeveeElectro said:
-snipping everything else-

a diamond necklace and earrings.
I couldn't afford much this year.
For yourself you mean, of course?
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
I'm gonna be the Scrooge and say nothing. I can't afford to get presents for anyone and live a week essentially.
You aren't the only one, brudda. I only managed to make enough to get my hetero-lifemate the Jayne Cobb knit hat he's been wanting forever. Beyond that, nobody got nothing. The joys of living at the bottom of the totem pole.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I bought perfume for my mom (Lady Gaga Fame), gave my sister memory foam slippers that were originally meant to be a present for me from my mom, and my niece a few dolls.

captcha: beans and rice. Precisely what I had for Christmas dinner.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I gave Two Netflix subscriptions of a year, a $100 Visa gift card, and a box (6 bottles) of locally produced wine. I tend to do this every year as it's super simple and goes over quite well.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
I sent 60 dollars to my best friend in Texas. She's a single mother and needs all the help she can get right now.

Also, I paid for my friend's Magfest ticket. It's a combination Birthday/Xmas gift. Also he'll be shipping out a week after Magfest so I figured he deserved to Nerd-Out before then.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Shitload of steam games.

The Wykydtron said:
I can't really remember? I only buy presents for my mother, grandparents, one uncle and my mother's best friend. Well, by "buy presents" I mean "Give money to mother's best friend because she knows what to buy" apparently I bought a new tablet cover for my mother this year and that's all I can remember. I hand buy all their cards though!

Me and my friends have a thing where we don't buy each other anything for anything for convenience.
Pretty much, you just get random shit off of me every once in a while though

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
A caffeine mug and quickly drawn comic page for my sister <=tradition.
A old DVD my dad wanted and the Terminator bluray collection for him and my brother.
Lotto scratch offs for my grandma

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I got my Older bro the complete Chobits collection. It was the first anime we watched together. I also got him those League of Legends posters from Jinx.com
When my younger brother got a 2ds, I gave him my old Black 2, before the pokemon bank came up. There were pokemon from my ruby save all gone now TT-TT

lessee... I bought my younger sister an Ipad case, and while carting around my family I treated everyone to Monsters/the energy drink of their choice. I think overall, I was pretty generous, I think

Oct 2, 2012
I got my girlfriend a tablet and a set of cute piggy oven mits cuz she likes to bake.
Didn't even say thank you.

Got a buddy of mine on the Escapist 4 games that were on her wish list out of nowhere. Got a lot of thank yous, made me feel good man.

I got my best bro a flask for his alcohol.

And that was about it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-
My parent- New telephone cos the one they had kind of broke.
My bro- X COM: Enemy Within

My parent friend daughter (she attend a boarding school but she stay with us during school holiday) a Canimal soft toy (soft toy animal in a can like shape) and How To Train Your Dragon book.

While my family were the present they asked her but for her it wasn't so it was a complete suprise when she got it (and she love the soft toy).

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I got my boyfriend two shirts from the youtuber Markiplier (we both adore him) and I bought us Borderlands 2 GOTY to play through together. We just got to torgue playing a Mecromancer and the Psycho.
My mom I got a Eagles women's shirt seeing as she adores the football team
My dad I actually got a newton's cradle. He likes to make noises with random objects and he's always found them fascinating, so I decided it would be a good gift.
And for my friends, I gave them all comics. I got them addicted, so it helped.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Nephews got the first books in the Redwall series and copies of random Calvin and Hobbes anthologies (they're 9 and 7) along with 75 dollar gift cards to gamestop. Best friend got a book by Jeremy Clarkson (of Top Gear) and a handful of co-op games on Steam. Fiance, who often expresses interests in gaming but isn't particularly good at it, got a 3DSXL with Mario and Luigi Dream Team and the latest Zelda.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008

I also gave away Gamestop gift cards. I gave away two gift cards for massages. I bought my brother Doctor Who episodes.