What did you think of Dead Island?

henrius

Jul 2, 2008
~Contains Spoilers, Kinda~

Meh. I really think they could've worked on the story and quest department, as you only really talk/get quests from static, boring NPCs. The gameplay of pulverating zombies is really fun most of the time, but only really when there are a lot of zombies, and you have to watch your stamina bar that drops as you swing a weapon, sprint etc.

The real fun is when you enter the city, as you're just overwhelmed by constant groups of zombies. It's hectic and it's fun as you and your companions are constantly fighting for survival. This high-energy area makes the rest of the areas pretty stale afterwards, and the game just becomes "okay" again.

Actually, the city is so much fun that I haven't completed the rest of the game because it pales in comparison.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
I had fun with it. Not the very best game i ever played for a few reasons mostly those attached to the crafting and durability system. but the combat worked and the game was fairly well put together if you ignore bugs.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
It was really fun, and offered up some pretty good times until I hit the sewer levels.

Dear Game designers,

Stop putting sewer levels in games. Outside of TMNT and Vampire the Masquerade it is pretty unacceptable. They are boring, and all look the same. It stopped being okay around Silent Hill 3 but almost every game with any sort of horror element does it.

Cut. It. The. Fuck. Out.

/gets off soap box

With that said the game was growing on repetitive before they even put me in that terrible environment, more weapons and more creativity could have done that game well, also treating single player like single player would be nice as the cut scenes with everyone made me not care one bit who I was playing as.

Basically: yeah, I mean I got it the day it came out (Birthday gifted through steam) and after being pretty addicted to it (because in the city I was totally playing out my zombie survival fantasies, including running on walls and using creative paths to escape the endless undead) for like a week I'm just not sure if I'll ever go back to it.

To me, that makes it a pretty crappy game.

Keith Reedy

Jan 10, 2011
Bought it, Played it, loved it, got all the way to the jungle, Then Dark Souls came out. Got distracted and haven't played it again yet but I plan to.

The reasons people list for it being bad I don't care about or instead enjoy so eh whatever guys, the Trailer was misleading as all hell. I watched some game play and such so I had a good feel for how it would actually be. Oh and prerendered cut scenes are useless for telling anything bout a game, period, end of story.

Example, If WOW was like its prerender bits then It might not be a boring grind pile.

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
I feel like it got way to simple once I got the car. I could just drive to the next location, kill one or two zombies and drive back. Another quest done. Do it all again for the next mission. Got sick of it after that.