What did you want to be when you were a kid?

Usige Beatha

May 30, 2008
When I was young, I wanted to be like me ole' Pa and join the Royal Navy.

And now theres a strong chance I might end up in the US Army O.0 lol

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
I wanted to be a millionaire, I wanted super powers (most often, the ability to project lightning from my hands), and I wanted to rule over a secretive organization of Ninjas.

As fate would have it, I am not even a thousandaire most days, if I rub my feet on the carpet I can produce an immeasurably small spark, and while I can tie a TShirt around my head to look like a Ninja, I have no minions who follow me.
i will follow you to the end sensei

just remember the inverse ninja law

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
I wanted to be a guy in a suit when I was younger... yeh, I still wanna be a guy in a suit today. What, suits are awesome!

Girlysprite

Nov 9, 2007
In order of age;

-Painter (7)
-Owner of a painting museum (8)
-Pet doctor (9-14)
-Forensic coroner (before series like CSI, mind you) (14)
-Game designer (16+)

I became level designer, I pretty much became what I wanted to be :)

CasualZombie

Mar 14, 2008
I may have read what little story there was of "Sonic the hedgehog" wrong but I wanted to be a mad scientist (they seem much more successful than the ordinery "sane" garden variety brand)like Dr Robotnik! He seem to be able to just put together what ever he wants so easily or something that can put him at least on the path to his dream!

Instead I'm just a henchman temp constantly trying to pretend I'm not smarter than my bosses... but as soon as I make my first doom ray....

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Closing pitcher (6)Saw first Blue Jay game and saw Billy Koch win it for us.
Lawyer (7)I wanted to be the guy one the cartoons that said "I still get paid."
thats it still want to be one(study,study,study)

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Weapons Designer/Engineer. Actually, I just wanted to build a Battlebot (still do).
Because robots kicking the crap out of other robots is awesome.

whistleduck

Mar 27, 2008
WlknCntrdiction said:
i wanted to be a forensics scientist. seriously. i watched alot of csi, and didnt get out alot:(
i'm actually currently in the middle of my forensics degree and no, i don't get out a lot. actually that's a lie, i'm a student, i get out loads! wahey!

i wanted to be a dinosaur, then a world class bassist, a psychiatrist, han solo (bit tricky due to lady parts) & finally decided on forensics as i'm good at chemistry & it had a direct correlation between most interesting thing to do in chemistry & least amount of effort.

not everyone can say they get to smash blood with a mallet & blow stuff up :D

Zoroastres

Sep 13, 2007
Fighter Pilot, then an Astronaut. In that order, of course.

The first dream evaporated when I realized I had grown too TALL to fly, and the second when, you know, the space program fell to pieces.

My new (idle) dream is to somehow (magic) obtain a ludicrous amount of money--bazillions and infintillions of dollars--and use it to jumpstart a massive space-exploration and colonization movement. I'm talking mass drivers, orbital elevators, O'Neil cylinders, Lunar colonies, Mars domes, the whole shibang.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Game designer up till about... grade 9 (14)

Graphic designer up till about grade 11 (16)

Now im just gonna settle for being a muso ^^

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Spinwhiz said:
I wanted to be an NBA player, but oh well. :) Now I get to hang out with you guys!
You poor thing *turns away laughing*.Joke/

I'm 15 so I'll let you know in another 5-10 years.

LV Solace

May 8, 2008
well first was I wanted to be
a jedi(3-6)
Archeologis[indy or jurassic park kind] (5-10)
CSI (10-12)
doctor (12-now)

yes the jedi and archeologist over lap, Iat one point wanted to be a jedi archeologist. as for the doctor thing, I'm on my way to becomming one, now just to see if I'm good enough to do so.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
I wanted to be a Fighter Pilot. I actually kinda gave up on that dream 4 or 5 years ago when I realized there was no way I was getting into the Academy (less than perfect grades), and I started pursuing video game programming. But a couple of recruiters talked to me one day, and I found out about the Air Force's ROTC program. Now I'm a computer science major in ROTC at Penn State. A pilot slot is my main goal, with a Bachelor's in CompSci, and a programming career as a fallback if that doesn't work out.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I wanted to be an archaeologist at one point ._.; *younger me*WOOO!! Diggin' up rocks FTW!*

Then i wanted to be a writer

Then i wanted to be a musician/singer

Then i wanted to be a video game designer.

Most likely my life will lead me to the music career.