What did you want to grow up to be as a child?

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
Join the military. Never happened, born with bad knees and feet. With the exception of that, I'm very healthy, almost never sick, naturally strong and score well on IQ-tests, but living in Sweden, which has a very small military, they pretty much only take in those who are fault-free.

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
There was my phase of wanting to be spiderman. Then as I got a little older (about 8 maybe) I realized that would never happen, so, like you, I wanted to be an astronaut. When I turned 10, I decided I wanted to be a doctor, and I've stuck with that one ever since(I'm now 17 and will be studying medicine soon, provided I get my grades).

soes757

Jan 24, 2011
As the only sane one here { or perhaps maybe I missed part of my childhood) a game designer...........that or a hermit, see sane.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
this is actually what I said when I was a child.

"I want to be so rich that when I go to the bank to take out money, the bank employee throws up after seeing the massive amounts of money in my account."

Ambi

Oct 9, 2009
I didn't usually have much thought for the future. I had various fleeting ambitions and wanted to do things as well as an adult right then and there. I wanted to make movies, make books, start my own business, draw cartoons, make clothes, invent types of food...

I did want to be a teacher every now and then, and I wanted to be a gymnast at one stage.

JackieWanderer

Aug 18, 2011
When I was about 5: Batman, archaeologist, scientist, cowboy, adventurer and martial artist.

4/6 = 2/3 which, allegedly, ain't bad.

(also, I'm sometimes convinced that I'm subconsciously still working on becoming a psychologically healthy version of Batman.)

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I wanted to be a vet, but I have a phobia of cows (yeah, I know).
Then a famous singer but unfortunately I'm tone deaf.

Oh and a princess, of course.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
First, back when I was 5, I wanted to be a firefighter, but eventually changed my mind into being a pilot. Then my eyesight went somewhat bad, and since they do not accept anyone without perfect vision (laser surgery/glasses/contacts is also a no-go...) that dream got crushed. Later on I realized that working in the medical sector would be great, y'know helping people and all, so I'm studying radiography and radiologic science.

[sub]Now I just wish I could be a NEET though... *sigh*[/sub]

TheTinyMan

May 6, 2010
Video game programmer. I was even involved in writing a crappy game (for a class) in college, but I decided that what I hear about working in the video game industry is just more abuse than I want to put up with, and now I'm just a programmer. ^.^

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
TheTinyMan said:
Video game programmer. I was even involved in writing a crappy game (for a class) in college, but I decided that what I hear about working in the video game industry is just more abuse than I want to put up with, and now I'm just a programmer. ^.^
Very similar story I wanted to be a video game designer and well now I am a multimedia designer because the video game industry was shunted by a bad teacher and my animation dream was shunted by pixars success.

Jjkaybomb

Nov 22, 2009
Teacher. Yeah, as a kid, I reached for those clouds. gotta dream big when you're little.

A better story is my mom's. When she grew up, she wanted to be a penguin. She was crushed by reality so bad, she became an artist to ease the pain.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I wanted to be a Beyblade mechanic.

It would be pretty fucking hardcore.

cridia

Aug 2, 2009
I wanted to be a lego professor. Nowadays, that is just professor (though mostly researcher) in the field of design. Guess not a whole lot has changed :B