What do/did your Parents do for a living?

Low Key

May 7, 2009
My dad is a multiple Emmy winning writer and producer for Fox Sports Net, and my mom is physically disabled and cannot work.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
My Father was a Nuclear Engineer. My mother is a dental tech, or finance manager or something. My Step-Father is a loser... Er, I mean manages all the guys that deliver papers for a major newspaper - in other words a low level manager.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Aur0ra145 said:
Mom: Started out working in a cosmetics store, then she finished college and actually became a clown. No shit. Next she went on to build and run a small private school.

Dad: First was a psychologist for the state, but got tired of that. Became a clown for a while, where he met my mother. Then after she started the school, he started selling realestate, but that shat out. So he works for American Airlines now.
Wow. Quite a diverse history. Do they still know how to make balloon animals?

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
DrDeath3191 said:
Aur0ra145 said:
Mom: Started out working in a cosmetics store, then she finished college and actually became a clown. No shit. Next she went on to build and run a small private school.

Dad: First was a psychologist for the state, but got tired of that. Became a clown for a while, where he met my mother. Then after she started the school, he started selling realestate, but that shat out. So he works for American Airlines now.
My mom does whenever her school has events and stuff.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
My dad have his own business in which he sells sofas and my mom use to be a teacher and now is a part time gardener.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Aur0ra145 said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Aur0ra145 said:

My mom does whenever her school has events and stuff.
That sounds like fun. I've always considered learning how to do it.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
My dad works in construction and maintenance. I work with him actually. Mom, is well, mom. She works at raising my autistic kid brother.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Both my parents are teachers. But my mom teaches grade schoolers and my dad is a college professor in political science. Similar yet contrasting. Weird.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
my mom was a waitress for 30-some years, now's she's a manager at a drugstore

my dad's a network security monitor (when he dosen't sleep on the job :s )

Versipellis

Jul 29, 2009
My father is a self-employed piano teacher. He's been so for decades now, though he used to give concerts when I was very little. My mother is a secretary at an elementary school, but she hates her job. A lot. She used to be a paralegal, though, and enjoyed it far more. Unfortunately she gave it up to have the union benefits of working for the state board of education.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
My mother is a mail carrier and my father is the art director for a newspaper.

Motti

Jan 26, 2009
Both engineers, it runs in the family. Mum's a civil lecturer and Dad works for Toyota designing cars.
I fully intend that whatever happens I will not be an engineer.

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
My dad is a bus mechanic for the public schools. Not great pay, but amazing benefits like health care and insurance.

My mother is a college professor that teaches nursing. She makes the majority of the money.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
My dad is an engineer hired by the army corp. of engineers.
My mom is spill response manager for Fish and Game in the Alaska area, though that title carries through to several roles.

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
Mother: Is currently on permanent disability but she use to be an investigative accountant at Lawrence Livermore National Labs (also a CPA).

Father: Is a member of the 7th Psychological Operations Division of the US Army Reserve and works the call center for Superior Auto Parts (basically he gets calls for mechanics requesting parts for specific models of cars), he also holds a masters degree in History.

So yea, the pressure falls on me to uphold the military tradition that dates back all the way to the revolutionary war, as well as go to college and come out with a degree.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
My mom's head of Human Resources at an insurance company in the insurance capital of the world (cookie for whoever guesses where that is) so basically she fires people for a living.

Dad's an agricultural engineer. You know those houses with awesome automatic sprinkler systems and also those farm sprinklers? Yeah that's what he does. He makes the best potato gun on earth because he has access to all the supplies.

Edit: Clarified a bit, most houses don't have farm sprinklers.