What do you do for a job?

marcooos

Shit Be Serial Cray
Nov 18, 2009
Currently a student but give it 3 weeks and i'll be a qualified engineer and if Deadspace has taught me anything it's that when aliens attack I'll be alright

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
I worked in a CVS (It's a drugstore with a pharmacy) until this January. I got the job one month after I turned sixteen, so that's more than four and a half years (tomorrow would be five years). I worked primarily at the register and in the photo lab, and I ran the photo lab for the last six months of my employment. I moved across the country and I am now a business-to-business insurance salesman.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
A County Sheriff deputy, more specifically a [a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.177017-Ask-a-detective-undercover-cop?page=1]detective[/a]

s0p0g said:
male nurse (why isn't there a proper male noun for us in english? it kind of sound stupid to say "male nurse")
I've heard many people, including nurses, title it a 'Murse'

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
I am a junior c# support software developer for a finance company. Not too shabby; as it happens! :D

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
I optimize configuration files and professionally read instruction manuals.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Vault101 said:
just out of curiosity, those who have one

oh and I have been succesful! I just got me a job in a nice office! (feel a little guilty as perhaps other guy deserved it more) but yay!!!!! Ive been waiting all day for the call!!
I don't work during the school year, but this summer I'll be working at my dads manufacturing plant. More hours this year, so I'll be ranking in the cash. Hopefully enough that it can pay for college related shit.

The downsides are that the hours are tiring and I probably won't be able to enjoy industrial and noise music as much after hearing clanging metal all day...

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
just a summer job. lifeguard. which, right now, is just obsessively sweeping the pool deck.

Hlain

Sep 26, 2009
I tutor kids, in the 15-18 bracket, in math and physics.
The wage is pretty low, but I enjoy the teaching, and it will probably be good as experience for later jobs.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
googleback said:
GLo Jones said:
I'm a warehouse grunt for a supermarket, but in 5 years time I should be teaching English in Korea.
I know a guy who did the same but in Africa, its going to be totally worth it man! good luck.
I have a cousin who's been teaching in Egypt for the last 7 years.

I'm all about diving into alien culture and environment, and it doesn't get much more alien than east Asia (plus, out of all countries in that area, Korea's where the money is)!

Plus, if all goes well, and I really enjoy what I'm doing over there, I can use the teaching experience as a foothold in the private tutoring market.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Julianking93 said:
Um... sorry but... who's Tomoya? >.> <.<
Excellent question.

I counter with this! [http://clannad.wikia.com/wiki/Tomoya_Okazaki]