What do you do when you're depressed?

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
I generally just hang back and do the social recluse thing until it goes away. Talking to anyone in one of these moods is a sure-fire way to get them depressed as well. Can't help it.

It also does help to figure out whether there's any reason to you being depressed, or it just is one of these cases where 51 planets lined up in a triangle and then decided to go and screw with your mood because why the fuck not.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Iznat said:
If I'm depressed, I cry, and I will cry for literally days. Fall asleep crying, wake up crying, having little teary mini fits with people.
I can't exactly go out like that, but if two or three days of crying and staying in/being with someone who'll deal with it really helps me, I find it's worth it.

When things get shitty I hold it all in until it gets too much, then everything's far worse than it should be, so I end up so upset. Though, since I'm a particularly emotional girl, this may or may not apply to everyone who reads this :p
Well, everyone's different and copes in different ways. If it works fine than there's nothing with it. :)

OT: I have a list of songs that I'll usually go through, and then I'll play a very casual game or a game on a very easy difficulty just to wind down and relax.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Sorry for your lose, loosing family members never gets easier with time, I recently lost a very close friend and I've been asking everything I come across why it wasn't me, including my pillow, I miss Jackie very much.

Mrs Storage says I should confront my depression, whatever that means, I normally just chill out with a cigar and some good music.

I have a Cohiba Cigar right now and chilling out to some beautiful classical music

For Jackie!

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
All sorts.

Buy something nice. Sounds girly I know, but I mean a new gadget, new game. Heck, even just a nice bottle of single malt. Then plonk on some good music, then go talk to my favourite people. In that order, the "things" take the edge off - the goal is to cheer myself up not drag my friends down. Pretty much always works.

For stubborn cases, a good pissup and getting blind drunk with friends usually does the trick.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Jedoro said:
I haven't actually felt depressed in a really long time, but since it's the last activity that actually made me smile, I'd take my shotgun to the shooting range and go through a few boxes of shells.
This works. Shooting things (providing you like it, but hey, we're gamers. Of course we like guns) really helps. Especially if you manage to find some automatic rifles.

Or, and this may be frowned upon here, smoke some pot. 3 months ago I was in the worst place I've ever felt, and it was right at the end of high school. An ex of mine stole my friends. A lot of them.

One of my good buddies, one of the only friends I really had left, got me on weed. It seriously changed my life for the better. I have something to look forward too every other week, and it's made me a considerably happier person. Spend some time high with a friend, or (and personally, I find it better) spend some time alone doing a hobby like playing a game, or watching a movie you love whilst high.

Go to your local smoke shop, by a cheap pipe, have a friend teach you how to pack it, and take the time to learn how to properly smoke.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
somonels said:
Welcome to the N.H.K.
Dozo yoroshiku.
Coincidentally, I'm watching NHK right now and that is a God damn depressing series.

I go for walks in the rain. There's something that makes you feel very disconnected from the world...

EDIT: You could probably tell I'm a fan from my avatar...

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Never had trouble with full blown depression. But sometimes I do get a little broody, I admit. If that happens, I either listen to some select music and/or watch a few episodes of Futurama; that never fails to help.

Or, and this is something I've taken a fancy to recently, I go outside, find myself a place with nice view, sit down, light an expensive cigar and just relax.

ShasOMiKael

Aug 2, 2011
when i get depressed (which happens a lot now that my parents are getting divorced) i listen to music and take my bow for some archery.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I often put on some of my favourite music and fly around on just cause 2 or saints row 2. Something about flying a virtual plane around relaxes me.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
I mope around for a bit and am generally obtuse until it goes away. Sometimes a dose of nostalgia can help unless it was the cause of the initial moping. If it was then I find it's best to go out and do something although I can rarely motivate myself to do that.

grizzlyAssuager

Feb 23, 2011
I lift weights and work when I'm depressed. Helps, and gets things done too. Its good to get your mind off things, and sports make you happy ^^ Added bonus is that I don't need to have any actual contact with people to do this :)