What do you do whilst Loading?

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I've recently noticed that during loading screens i sometimes rub my hands together at high speed like some kind of poster child for OCD.

Also listen to music

Luchifer

Mar 20, 2008
Not just for games but for any programs with a bit of a load time (Photoshop is a main offender here) I usually pick up my guitar by the desk and strum out something. I've managed to get quite a way through playing Behind Blue Eyes while waiting for a large file to load.

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
PurpleRain said:
Khell_Sennet said:
PurpleRain said:
Crap, somebody else said wanking. I guess it's become a popular passtime on loading screens.
You're sitting alone in a chair with nothing to occupy your hands, it's gonna happen no matter how hard you fight it... Now not such a good idea at internet cafe's or the library though.
I found out the internet cafe one, the hard way. Get it... hard?

Note to self: die.
it works in a library though, most people dont notice, one guy even offered to help me but i politely refused. Its more of a one man thing, mind you i think if he shaved the beard it might have been a different story. Well i guess ill never know.

Kellsan

Mar 23, 2008
I keep a comic or book close at hand for any load screen that lasts more then 5 seconds, fortunately after I upgraded those days are more a thing of the past now.

bamforth

Mar 10, 2008
play with my...no sorry I mean err play with the..mouse. But in all seriousness I bullseye womp rats with my T60.

TheFishIsSad

Mar 23, 2008
I eat. Or play another game. I have my Wii, my PS2 and my DS, playing all three at the same time. Yelling "Objection!" while waving my hand to control statues and make them crush a giant spider and fighting a gay army colonel in a tank while on a motorbike is a common thing for me. Bonus points if you can name the three games I mentioned above.

Marriot

Mar 19, 2008
I really like what Kane and Lynch did with having a scipt during the load screen to keep you in story or Ratchet and Clank's hyperdrive loading screen or what Test Drive 1 did with a classic game of pong whilst loading. But im getting beside myself i usually wait or get into a conversaiton with my brother and debate on who would win Sonic or Mario.

IronMuck

Mar 14, 2008
Most of the things i do have already been mentioned but, when younger i used to count down, and my due to my infantile ways i'd get to one and stop, just so i could proclaim myself correct to the assembled fictional characters that lurk above my telly (And still do (And in an entirely un-related issue, imagine what would happen should they come to life. Would they battle? Would the Luggage truimph over Spawn? Would my predators team up and destroy the pig cop? Would the tango man hand out drinks? Such questions burn... unanswered). apologies, my imagination ran away with me there.

As with most people i day dream, rapidly rotate the analogue sticks/tap buttons and race to the kitchen or toilet depending on the urges. i just wish i had something extrordinary to say.
On a final note, loading screen games are a good thing, however crude. They can grasp my frankly embarassingly short attention span and remind me of why i hold a pad in my hand... Then again i start to get weird, like Vegeta must always do 5 press-ups on the loading screen, never more never less Goku must have a stack of bowls as high as his head, but no more or less. this post has revealed the extent of my own madness; to myself.

Nov 28, 2007
TheFishIsSad said:
I eat. Or play another game. I have my Wii, my PS2 and my DS, playing all three at the same time. Yelling "Objection!" while waving my hand to control statues and make them crush a giant spider and fighting a gay army colonel in a tank while on a motorbike is a common thing for me. Bonus points if you can name the three games I mentioned above.
First one is Phoenix Wright, not sure about the second, and I'm fairly certain the third is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
When I would wait for Crysis to load I normally would either turn up some AC/DC or watch an episode of Doctor Who before playing the level. Friggen Computer Daleks.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
thebobmaster said:
TheFishIsSad said:
First one is Phoenix Wright, not sure about the second, and I'm fairly certain the third is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
That would be The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Asymptote Angel

Feb 6, 2008
Depends on the game.
a) If the game is one of most games, I stare at the wall or watch the three ellipsis dots appear and disappear until the game is loaded.
b) If the game is Silent Hill 2 (which I got into courtesy of Yahtzee and fullyramblomatic.com articles), I sit there and shiver and pray Pyramid Head isn't about to walk into my bedroom.

Mr. Bubbles

Sep 27, 2007
Sing that banana phone song quietly to myself while fiddling with the controller. I hate that song so much.

TheFishIsSad

Mar 23, 2008
thebobmaster said:
TheFishIsSad said:
You win.

The middle was Zelda: Twilight Princess. I suppose that one was a bit obscure.

boyitsme95

Feb 26, 2008
I watch tv, and keep it on during the game. I paused on time because Tommyboy came on. I died one time in God of War because I was watching Mythbusters (I can't belive shooting chain out of a cannon can do that to a dead pig!).