What do you do with your friends?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well I'm just curious to see what is it that people do when they have their friends around.

My friend just left, and all we did all day was bake cookies[footnote]They were chocolate chip if you were wondering, because that's what I had laying around, they were good though.[/footnote] and play Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, well she also did a couple of drawings like she always does and that's pretty much it, and I was wondering what do you guys do with your friends?
[sub][sub]We're super gangsta right? No wonder the police tried to arrest us last night.[/sub][/sub]

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Engage in a four-player match of intense slide-tackling on Fifa. If we have a bit more time, we play some Monopoly. I want to get a new boardgame though, any recommendations?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Play video games, watch movies (generally bad movies, but w/e), and, depending on the person, watch sports. And talk, which is a given, especially if it's someone I don't get to see very often.

Oh, and with one friend, I watch old TV shows and anime. For the nostalgia factor, y'know?

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Nouw said:
Engage in a four-player match of intense slide-tackling on Fifa. If we have a bit more time, we play some Monopoly. I want to get a new boardgame though, any recommendations?
Ah yes, I remember when I would do that with her and my brothers, it was fun, but in our footbal matches there was a lot more punching, kicking and wrestling, since we played Sega Soccer Slam [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Soccer_Slam], haven't played that in a long time so I wouldn't know if it's actually good.
As far as board games go, well nobody ever wanted to play those with me so I wouldn't know.
[sub][sub]Besides I liked things like Scrabble and Rummikub, nobody wants to play games about words.[/sub][/sub]

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
We play a few games online over Skype, talk about when we're next going to go out (protip: it never happens, if does it's zero notice "hey we're leaving now come with")and my one friend plays music far too loud over his headset! He's got pretty much the best speakers on the market so it's like he's playing it in the same room as us :/

I was going to blast the use of the wrong "your" but looks like you changed it while I was in a game for 20 minutes before posting :p

Oh we still go to the cinema whenever something good is on. One of my fondest memories is when we went to see the second Twilight film and we were laughing hysterically the whole way through. My one friend was trying to take it seriously. Lololol

All I know is that someone at some point called someone else a "marshmellow" cue hysterical laughter for 5 minutes. Then there's this beyond retarded scene where the main character sits in her room for about 4 months just being emo. Just the way it was done was hilariously bad. I assume it wouldn't be hard to pull off in a book, "she was depressed so she sat in her room for 4 months in total despair" job done. It was horribly translated across to the film.

My one friend and I talk about books. Apparently The Golden Compass series of books are all blatent anti-Christianity works of literature... I doubt my friend could have interpreted it that wrongly so I assue I was far too young to pick up on it when I read it.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Kaleion said:
Nouw said:
Ah yes, I remember when I would do that with her and my brothers, it was fun, but in our footbal matches there was a lot more punching, kicking and wrestling, since we played Sega Soccer Slam [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Soccer_Slam], haven't played that in a long time so I wouldn't know if it's actually good.
As far as board games go, well nobody ever wanted to play those with me so I wouldn't know.
[sub][sub]Besides I liked things like Scrabble and Rummikub, nobody wants to play games about words.[/sub][/sub]
Haha while I do love words, I never really got into Scrabble. We would always run out of words within half an hour and end up making rules >_>.

Kae

Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
The Wykydtron said:
I was going to blast the use of the wrong "your" but looks like you changed it while I was in a game for 20 minutes before posting :p
Yeah, English isn't my first language so I make a lot of mistakes, but after reading it, I remembered from the last time I got that wrong.
The Wykydtron said:
My one friend and I talk about books. Apparently The Golden Compass series of books are all blatant[footnote]Also, it's marshmallow not marshmellow ;P[/footnote] anti-Christianity works of literature... I doubt my friend could have interpreted it that wrongly so I assume I was far too young to pick up on it when I read it.
That actually is true, one of the main reasons the film is awful actually, since when it was filmed it was actually intended to have the anti-Christianity references but they had to be removed on the editing stage because the studio demanded it, or something like that.

Nouw said:
Kaleion said:
Haha while I do love words, I never really got into Scrabble. We would always run out of words within half an hour and end up making rules >_>.
Yeah, that always happens...[sub][sub]My grandmother used to make up words claiming that it was English, since I didn't know English at the time.[/sub][/sub]

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Kaleion said:
Yeah, that always happens...[sub][sub]My grandmother used to make up words claiming that it was English, since I didn't know English at the time.[/sub][/sub]
Haha that's just mean ;). I like to use super-obscure words or words from fiction. "Look it up, heresy!" "Yes, ork is a word!"

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
- Talk about stuff on skype
- Play DayZ
- Play League of Legends
- Buy each other shit (Games, movies etc)

I couldn't ask for a better "social life".

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
Depends on the weather. If it's good, then we either hike, bike, go paddling, have a bonfire, or do something outside. If it's raining we go bouldering, cook ridiculous amounts of food, newspaper someone's bedroom, or whatever else we find to keep ourselves amused.

Oddly enough, one thing I rarely ever tend to do with my friends is game.

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
Depends on the friend. With one friend, we tend to Shoot, Play Games, and Code. With another, we tend to play Halo and wander around town (Sometimes with a Gas Mask to freak people out) and with yet another we play with Ferrets and, umm, Games.

Nov 27, 2010
Rock climbing, beach bonfires, camping... are all things I'd like to say I do with my friends. In reality it's fairly limited to playing Scum on our living room floor (with my local friends and flatmates), playing whatever multiplayer video game one of us happens to have on them (with my friends back in my hometown) or going to an internet cafe before coming home to play Risk, Monopoly or Zombies, depending on how we feel (with my group of friends from the bigger city next to my home town)

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Chat.
Yeah, I'm quite antisocial.
Though, with my brother I'm a lot more fun.
We chat, play games, occasionally go out. That's why he's my best friend.

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
Friends? Friends?!? What are these things you call 'friends'?

Slightly off topic here, the damned captcha... I like you. The captcha is now scaring me.

Tropical

Mar 23, 2011
What do you do with your friends... I put them on stakes in my yard, bloody messy but loads of fun, they scream for hours.

Needless to say, i don´t have many friends left, except for the decaying ones already up.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
My friend comes down every other weekend and we usually do any of the following

I sit and play while we talk.
He sits on his laptop while we talk.
Sometimes we'll play some sort of two player game.
Early in the morning we'll usually go to my computer and watch silly videos and laugh our asses off.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Pretty much everything apart from video games.

Most of my friends couldn't give a feck less about this sort of stuff.

Aug 31, 2012
Talk about how our lives are going, what we've been doing or are planning to do, very occasionally go to a rave or party, go for the odd bike ride, mix records and reminisce, fix bits on our bikes or cars, complain about girlfriends/ex girlfriends, try to avoid being dragged into buying drugs I don't want any more, I play various GW games with one friend.