What do you go to thats makes consistently makes you happy?

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Playing a superhero sandbox game, and just mindlessly running/swinging/flying/whatever all around the place.

One of my favorite examples of this is Saints Row 4.

Something about running at fast speeds and jumping from building to building while listening to songs like The Boys are Back in Town just makes me forget my worries for a while.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
My room, kinda just nap for a while with the fan on. Or I play Dynasty Warriors. Because killing a billion peasants is pretty stress relieving.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Any time, any moment I get to spend with my Girlfriend, we're both pretty reserved whilst being at the same time, cartoonishly competitive but not without a sense of humour, so as you can imagine going out for Tapas when there's an odd number of croquettes or such usually ends in cutlery combat followed by sudden bouts of over politeness and big grins with barely suppressed laughter at how silly we're being when the waiter comes by to see how everything is.

We may not always agree but I know when she's in my arms at night there is no place on earth I'd rather be and no one on earth I'd rather be with.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. Pure happiness and innocence, yet so natural and unforced.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
When I get upset, I immerse myself in the darkest imagery, thoughts, and subjects that I can think of. I listen to some of my favorite songs that send most people screaming for the hills, or I'll listen to songs with brutally overt dark lyrics. More often than not I browse through websites that deal with the memories people leave behind when they pass away. I'll also look at real-life pictures of scenes that would give other folks nightmares for years.

Sometimes I move back into a good frame of mind within a few hours, and sometimes I cry, get all fragile for a bit, and THEN manage a smile. And sometimes I wind up in the hospital getting my brain zapped.

This isn't a joke response and neither is it sarcasm. I've lived with biological and autobiographical extremes that led to me coping in the ways that I do. Abnormal by societal standards? Sure. But what the hell is "normal" anyway?

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Shoggoth2588 said:
Happyninja42 said:
Dragonball Z Abridged, or basically anything by team fourstar. I also enjoy watching Many a True Nerd play games for laughs. They amuse me and make me feel good.
This. There's also a non-TFS abridged series based around Fist of the North Star...though that one may have died...

This isn't a site but what cheers me up like nothing else is the film Punisher: War Zone. It's a hard-R but the fight scenes, the death scenes...Hell, the whole movie is just a ton of fun. It's incredibly violent but it just makes me incredibly happy while I watch it.
Have you read Punisher: MAX? What Warzone is (loosely) built around...except a hell of a lot better.

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Ten Foot Bunny said:
When I get upset, I immerse myself in the darkest imagery, thoughts, and subjects that I can think of. I listen to some of my favorite songs that send most people screaming for the hills, or I'll listen to songs with brutally overt dark lyrics. More often than not I browse through websites that deal with the memories people leave behind when they pass away. I'll also look at real-life pictures of scenes that would give other folks nightmares for years.

Sometimes I move back into a good frame of mind within a few hours, and sometimes I cry, get all fragile for a bit, and THEN manage a smile. And sometimes I wind up in the hospital getting my brain zapped.

This isn't a joke response and neither is it sarcasm. I've lived with biological and autobiographical extremes that led to me coping in the ways that I do. Abnormal by societal standards? Sure. But what the hell is "normal" anyway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjeeNTC6uxU&list=PL6RPGUA8DhypGmAJmjZ96kegqTYtZq6Tc

I understand completely. Sometimes when you are feeling blue, some jet black can help balance it out. Which is why I absolutely adore Sopor Aeturnus. Seriously, give this a listen.

Capcha: people like me.
Indeed...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Starbird said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
Happyninja42 said:
Dragonball Z Abridged, or basically anything by team fourstar. I also enjoy watching Many a True Nerd play games for laughs. They amuse me and make me feel good.
This. There's also a non-TFS abridged series based around Fist of the North Star...though that one may have died...

This isn't a site but what cheers me up like nothing else is the film Punisher: War Zone. It's a hard-R but the fight scenes, the death scenes...Hell, the whole movie is just a ton of fun. It's incredibly violent but it just makes me incredibly happy while I watch it.
Have you read Punisher: MAX? What Warzone is (loosely) built around...except a hell of a lot better.
...And now it's on 'The List' right next to Circle of Blood. It may be better but for me, the movie Warzone is made great in-part thanks to its inappropriate comedy; Like Frank shooting a detained gangster in the face and getting the response, "CASTLE!" by whats-his-name, sounding like an exasperated TV-Wife when Sitcom-dad does something stupid.

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Man - I wish I had never read Punisher:MAX. So that I could go and read it for the first time again.

It's by Garth Ennis (the same dude that wrote Preacher)...and it's freaking amazing. Seriously basically every arc of that story could and should be it's own Punisher movie. Mother Russia especially.

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
When I am need of a pickup I go here: http://www.carthrottle.com/ since I'm an automobile enthusiast.
If that doesn't work I just listen to music or read my comics.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't know, I usually just let my misery eat itself up inside of me till there's nothing left to munch on. Then I tend to perk up, and then I'll go do something that makes me happy.

maffgibson

Deep Breath Taker
Sep 10, 2013
Generally I do things which take my absolute attention and have a defined, achievable end-goal. A couple of examples:

1) Gardening. Especially the heavy stuff: digging, uprooting things, planting etc. If I have spent loads of time sitting around worrying about something, going out and exerting myself in the fresh air with a specific achievable plan in mind is just the ticket. And having improved my environment feels good, too.

2) Cooking a massive batch of something delicious, like a bolognaise. Start with several kilos of ingredients, and the process of chopping, cooking, simmering, flavouring, simmering some more, adjusting the flavour again and so on can take the best part of an afternoon, with nothing else to worry about but how the food turns out. At the end you are left with dinner, and 8-10 portions to freeze. Treats from past-you for the next time you are tired and hungry.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Aquavit_Schweden.jpg

Happy-ish, at least. Even feeling like shite feels alright then.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I head straight to the pub with some mates, down a few pints with whiskey chasers and lose a substantial amount of money on quiz machines.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Colour Scientist said:
If I'm feeling particularly down and I don't want to talk to anybody, I usually just listen to music and do nothing for a while.

I just put on my headphones, throw on something that suits my mood and just lie on my bed/the floor for a while, sometimes I'll go out for a walk. It doesn't fill me with joy but it relaxes me and I feel more able to deal with whatever it is that's going on.

That sounds really wanky, doesn't it?
Wanky? Nah, I do the same thing. I put on some headphones and go for a walk around my neighborhood or into the park/woods. A lot of the music I listen to when I do that is kind of sad depressing stuff. I find that if I listen to that and just ride the mood out, it goes away. I can't listen to happy music and have it change my mood. It's like forcing it doesn't work.

OT: Other than that, I like to read short online comic strips that make me chuckle, and I watch MLP. The show's colors and general good mood has never failed as a pick me up.