What do you keep finding yourself building in Minecraft?

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I always get to the highest point on the map near my spawn and build a house with roof access. ALWAYS. I guess I Really like a house with a view...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I always make a massive tower as a marker/vantage point before doing anything else. That's better than any compass!

ColeusRattus

Apr 16, 2009
I often find my self burrowing a whole straight down to the adminium layer, and then erecting a huge tower from the bottom up into the topmost layer.

And don't go all freud on my now...

aLivingPheonix

Feb 26, 2010
An 8x8x4 cobblestone/sandstone/sand house. Whichever material I harvest enough of in the first day is what I use, then I slowly upgrade it.

Adam McKeitch

Mar 14, 2011
Firstly, I go wander around until I find a huge cavern system/giant natural formation to build my house on. During these nights I'll just dig in slightly to the cliffs and build makeshift hidy-holes with a crafting bench and one or two furnaces.

Next, I usually build a large wooden house with a glass bio-garden on the roof, with plenty of room for trees, reeds, cacti and wheat, and a basement full of furnaces that also leads to the mines :) I hate building castles in minecraft, they just look cumbersome and ugly as hell, even if they are more secure.

Watch towers made of stone - nothing big, just a floating platform with a few netherrack blocks that burn permanently, that can be accessed only via a ladder on a pillar of more stone. I usually use these to light the way between the spawn point and my main project - it's saved my life many a time. :)

For the most part though, I just stomp around cave systems lighting up and mining everything, and battling all foes. :D

Mar 30, 2011
Huge walls, often I ring my construction area with cobble walls that reach the ceiling.

Hence my lack of many large projects =P

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I'm building a 10-story tall death fortress. So far, I've set the bottom row of blocks for the outside wall.

I just might be done in a few years.

OldGus

Feb 1, 2011
Self-sustaining bunkers. My favorite style is building one deep inside, or directly connected to a mine, with secret nearly invisible entrances that pop up at the bottom of lakes, for example.
Still working on an underground tree park so that I always have charcoal, but the one I have currently is connected to no less than 3 mines, has a reed-door at the bottom of a shaft in the middle of a lake, has an indoor fishing pond, a working farm, a workshop, and tunnels connecting it to a glass-dome setup at the bottom of the sea.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
An underground lair for starting purpose.

Then I'll do whatever I feel like, a tower, a castle, a house hanging between mountains, a giant underwater cathedral, ...

SSX-BlueFlames

Apr 12, 2011
Towers with circular bases.

I tell myself I'm going to stop with the cylindrical structures, and then I find myself unconsciously plotting out a circle, instead of a square/rectangle. They're a headache to do correctly, and if I muck them up in the slightest way, it bothers me to no end.

Though I haven't stopped myself making those circular bases, I did teach myself that it can be a million times worse. My most recent tower has a sphere built into it. Ugh. Don't try it. First, you have to make a circle in the vertical plane, which is itself more time-consuming and difficult than making one in the horizontal plane. At each level of your soon-to-be-sphere, you now have two points defined. The line between these two points is the diameter of the circle you'll have to build in the horizontal plane of that level. Unlike a cylinder, where you just have to get the circular base right once and then copy it over and over, each level of a sphere has a different radius, so you can't copy the previous level. That headache you have thinking about it is the headache I had for days building it.

Pics or it didn't happen, I suppose....

[http://home.comcast.net/~blueflames/MinecraftShots/SphereTower.png]

Oh, yeah.... Then I put another substructure on top of the sphere, and capped that off with a hemisphere of glass. It's like I think of something frustrating to build, build it, and then I need to come up with something more frustrating to build.

But, yeah.... Structures with circular footprints seem to be my Minecraft compulsion.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
I keep building towers and ships and such. I have made a giant fortress with tons of towers and buildings inside with transportation to the nearest oceans and lakes where my ships are. AWESOME. Currently I am building an underwater dome home

Arashiofordo3

Mar 19, 2010
Flying islands. Thats right I create gravity defying land masses to be safe from all them horrible beasties down below. Takes a while to but when its finished I'm untouchable! As long as I remember to light the whole thing... that was not my best day...