What do you predict your 2017 "Game of the Year" will be?

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Kingdom Hearts 3... if it ever exists or if it ever comes out. I still don't believe it would ever happen. It still believe it's a myth. I will barely believe it when I'm holding it in my hands.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Holy crap that looks like it's going to be good. I'm so friggin excited for it!

Resident Evil 7. It's been such a long time since we've had a horror game like this. It almost fills the void left by Silent Hills being cancelled. Almost.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
INSIDE. It's going to be my Game of the Year EVERY year until another game comes along and leaves that kind of an impression on me (so it'll probably be Playdead's next game which they hinted at on Twitter last week!)

Jan 27, 2011
Fox12 said:
Tanis said:
Persona 5?
Persona 5.
Persona 5!

...Well, that's where my money's at, anyway. Very little else that captures my attention this year looks like it will compete (outside of Breath of the Wild), and the Long War 2 mod for XCOM 2 doesn't really count, now does it?

I mean, I'm really looking forward to Freedom Planet 2, and I have my fingers crossed for Outward, but there's little else that's really jockeying for my attention and neither of those games really looks like it'll have the AAA level polish that Persona 5 will bring.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
So many games I'm excited for its hard to tell. I'd add Dragon Quest 8 but it's a rerelease. Yakuza 0 is already out and I love it. Yooka Laylee, Digimon World, Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, Zelda, Persona 5, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, Dragon Quest Warriors 2.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Xprimentyl said:
INSIDE. It's going to be my Game of the Year EVERY year until another game comes along and leaves that kind of an impression on me (so it'll probably be Playdead's next game which they hinted at on Twitter last week!)
Just played it. Was really good.

G00N3R7883

Feb 16, 2011
Mine is usually either an RPG, which means Mass Effect Andromeda is the early favourite, or an FPS, which could be Prey.

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Probably Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, it's really the only new game I'm sure I will probably get this year. Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age would be as well if it were announced for PC too.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My selection is pretty small so it either be Fire Emblem: Echoes or Death's Gambit (it better be coming out this year).

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Having looked at the releases this year, maybe Halo Wars 2. Nothing is really tickling my fancy, to be honest with you.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I've only played Resident Evil 7 so far because, you know, we're only twenty-seven days into the new year, and first of all, this game is awesome, probably definitely gonna be my favorite horror game this year but it's not like that market's overly saturated.

Anyway.

I don't know, I can't think of too many games coming out this year that I want other than Prey and Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm hyped as f*ck for Prey and getting HZD because I feel like I should, it's weird. But I feel like Horizon Zero Dawn is going to be more well-received, I want both to do well but if Prey does better critically and/or sales-wise, I'll be surprised.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
There are a whole lot of platformers that I'm looking forward to:
Freedom Planet 2
Sonic Mania
Yooka-Laylee
A Hat in Time

Given that the original Freedom Planet was my game of the year for 2014, I'm hopeful that the 2nd will be just as good.

...But I'm well prepared (and kind of hoping for) something unexpected to pop up and blow me away.