What do you think about the WII?

DarkHuntress

Apr 8, 2010
I have the WII but I got it for using my balance board with all the fitness programs developed for it.

I have been looking at some of the WII games available but haven't as yet purchased any of them. I know the graphics can't touch the PS3 or 360 so that doesn't bother me but i am wondering if the gaming is different on the WII and if it is as enjoyable as playing on the other consoles.

Would like to know what others think before I actually buy any.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
I use the gamecube controllers because I can't stand the Wii thing.

Good games include all thing mario or mario related. Mario Galaxy, Kart, and super smash are highly recommended.

Otherwise... the short-answer is that there is a lot of crap out there for the Wii so look carefully for good reviews but there is nothing inherently wrong with the system (minus the controller, motion-sensors, and graphics that is....)

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I love the Wii, it's my most used console of this generation (and the most fun)

I have more games for it than for my PS3 and 360 combined.

Best console of this generation by far.

[sub]inb4 motion controls are teh gay gimmicks[/sub]

Angry Caterpillar

Feb 26, 2010
I think it's trash and it pisses me off my parents won't let me sell it. The controls are crummy there's too much shovelware and the one redeeming factor is the online arcadey downloady thing that everyone else has.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Well I can't offer too much advice but imo its for casual gaming only so I wouldn't invest too much in it as a platform, there aren't that many good games out there for it by all accounts. I guess it depends what you're after.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
I can think of about three games on Wii I would like to try (No More Heroes I and II, Madworld), totally not interested in any other. Definitely not enough to even think about buying Wii. I'll stick to my PC + PS3 combo.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Hahahaha. Oh, man. Buying a console my laptop could emulate WITHOUT the crappy controls?

YEAH. Like that's going to happen.

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
The WII certainly isn't struggling although it isn't exactly appealing to proper gamers. The last WII game I bought was Super Smash Bros Brawl a week after release although I'd like to get the Metroid Prime trilogy. It doesn't have many good games although the good games that it has are fantastic. Brawl is insanely addictive for all the right reasons, Super Mario Galaxy is easily the best Mario game, Metroid Prime 3 has the best controls I've ever played with in a game and Twilight Princess.......Forget what everyone says cause it's better than Ocarina of Time. Thank god for the virtual console though.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I've tried some Wii Games before and while some work pretty well (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy and No more heroes mainly), most are just trashy games that try to make the most of the system's motion controls. The Graphics aren't horrible, but can look great if the developer decides to put some effort into making it look brilliant before releasing it.

It's a sub-par system that appeals greatly to those who love party games or die-hard Nintendo fans, but I fall into neither category.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
The Wii is Awesome but there aren't a lot of good games. The game's I recommend are the fallowing: Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros (Wow, lot's of Super Games), Nights: Journey of Dreams (Maybe, my younger bro is really into it though I've never touched it), Pokemon Rumble (Only WiiWare Game I recommend), The Conduit (I don't have it, but I hear it's Amazing, and I really want it) and Monster Hunter Tri (I don't have it but my friends are addicted to it, I don't really want it thought).

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
I own about twenty great, 'hard-core', single-player games for the and a few sublime party games that are a lot of fun with friends, so I'd say that there are plenty of games for the wii you will enjoy.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I first thought the title was "what do you think about the WWII". I was confused.

OT: I don't care much about the Wii, I have a friend who has got one, and from the experience I have with it I'd say it's okay.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I think the Wii is alright....in moderation. There are a few really outstanding games on it, but overall the quality can't match the PS3 or 360. And the motion controls suck. I hate them.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I hate it for many reasons. A few of them being that it's a gimmicky console full of non-games for casual gamers, like Wii Fit and Cooking Mama and quite possibly billions more, and Miyamoto ruined Mario Kart by making it easy for casual gamers, meaning it was ruined for the rest of us. He also released a patronising 'how to play' DVD with SMG2 and is apparently 'toning down' the difficulty for the next Zelda
But
I also love the Wii for many reasons, such as: some amazing first party games like Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess and the Mario Galaxy games. It also has the best version of Resi 4 and Madworld is great fun too. It also has the virtual console which is fantastic and allows gamers who never owned the older Nintendo consoles to play classic games

So yeah it has it's pros and cons

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I never use my wii, but if you're looking to pick up games, Metroid Prime Trilogy is a good FPS series (three games on one disk), No More Heroes is pretty good, and of coarse Mario and Zelda games are ones to get.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
The Homebrew Channel.

/thread

Also, there are some legitimately good games for the Wii. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is fun as all hell, as is Muramasa The Demon Blade, the Metroid Prime Trilogy, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, and so on.