What do you think is the coolest lego set?

Polyoctopus

Oct 22, 2011
I like collecting lego's there are so many different sets out there, from Adventurers to exo-force to starwars. Out of all the sets out there, which set do you think is the coolest? Mine is the exo-force series.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
I'm going to split this into 2 categories:

Lego Technic: Freaking BIONICLE biatch! I bought the crap out of those items and I loved the storyline.

Regular Lego: Insectoids and UFO. Basically, most of the space oriented sets. Those were amazing with their neon-green transparent pieces.

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
Clearly, this is the obvious choice:

It's huge, contains all the figures you could ever need and could probably be used as a deadly weapon should your house be invaded by Zombies, Giant Ants or Storm Troopers

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Eh, I kind of get sets and do my own thing. I have a smallish lego table and build my own world and stories.

But I will reiterate the SciFi stuff. They're the most versatile, oddly enough.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Oh yes and the Roboforce stuff.
This was my first ever large set: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2154_Robo_Master

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
I loved the old Castle/Robin hood style (I believe one of them was called "wolfpack" legos from the 90's. I fucking LOVE those legos. I remember being 10 years old or so and getting the new lego "dragon" with a castle set. That was awesome!

Also the old school lego pirate set where the cannons actually fired before they changed them. I used to love shooting people with my legos :D

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Slenn said:
Oh yes and the Roboforce stuff.
This was my first ever large set: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2154_Robo_Master
Holy crap I actually have that! I was wondering what set those green windows came from. Man I am a little sad that I never made the actual vehicle before :/ curse my childhood brain.

I like the Star Wars ones myself. Dunno what was so cool about them, just really liked Star Wars. Have you seen the 10,000+ piece star destroyer? I would love to buy that.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
PunkyMcGee said:
I don't need a set. all I need is a few thousand bricks and get to work.
This. Lego was cooler when they sold it in bulk in those "Freestyle" packs. Then capitalism kicked in when they realized they could have small sets that cost more.