What do you think of Australia?

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Seeing as there has been a few "What do you think of America?" threads, I decided to make a "What do you think of Australia?" thread.

I personally think it's a great place to live but that's probably because I do live here. Just need something to do in Adelaide!

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I live in Adelaide and there's plenty to do. Fringe is on right now, if you can't find stuff to do here at the moment you're blind or you're just not looking.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
BonsaiK said:
I live in Adelaide and there's plenty to do. Fringe is on right now, if you can't find stuff to do here at the moment you're blind or you're just not looking.
The Fringe doesn't really interest me though. And my eyesight is pretty bad actually...

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
We have the earthquakes, you guys have the storms. Take your pick.

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
I've scene a few "What do you think of Australia threads?", this is the very least, the second thread I have seen on this subject.

I think we Australians are overcrowding the escapist forums. There seems to be a distinct under-representation of Iranians (The greatest people with the sexiest president), and Canadians.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
SirDeadly said:
BonsaiK said:
The Fringe doesn't really interest me though. And my eyesight is pretty bad actually...
Guess so. But there's still tons to do in Adelaide. I've never understood people who were bored with the place and moved. In fact with high-density housing choking Sydney and Melbourne by way of restricting entertainment activities due to noise, Adelaide's going to have the most active nightlife of the country. It's already way ahead of Sydney in that regard for this reason.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I think I'd love to visit down there. Perth, Sydney, Brisbane. I know that it's in the Southern Hemisphere, cars are driven from the right side of the vehicle on the left side of the road, and the plane ride from almost anywhere will take forever to get there.

Other than that, I don't really know that much. I can't form an educated opinion. The only Australians I've communicated with outside of forums drank me under the table, and that's a dirty trick at the beginning of a military exchange exercise. I'd do research on places to visit, what to bring, local laws and whatnot before I got there. I plan ahead when I get to go see other countries.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
BonsaiK said:
SirDeadly said:
BonsaiK said:
Guess so. But there's still tons to do in Adelaide. I've never understood people who were bored with the place and moved. In fact with high-density housing choking Sydney and Melbourne by way of restricting entertainment activities due to noise, Adelaide's going to have the most active nightlife of the country. It's already way ahead of Sydney in that regard for this reason.
I'm not moving from Adelaide, I love the place but there's not much to do until your 18. Three months to go...

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
I like Australian people, just not the government.. all that censuring and "we know what's best for you, just be quiet"-style really bugs me.

EDIT: I'm Swedish, so obviously my knowledge of Australian people is pretty much limited to the occasional tourist. Which aren't many.. Damn you Australia, why don't you visit more often? :(

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It look like a cool place to go to for an holiday if it were for having so many spiders!!! I have a fear for them.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
It's alright. I hate the racism and stupidity of the place though....and I live here!

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
SirDeadly said:
Seeing as there has been a few "What do you think of America?" threads, I decided to make a "What do you think of Australia?" thread.

I personally think it's a great place to live but that's probably because I do live here. Just need something to do in Adelaide!
Well your name sort of points at it. Land of the deadly everything. I like a relaxing vacation where I don't have to worry about every wrong step being a posionious one. :)

I have been slightly programmed by Sir Jeremy Clarkson. Yes he recently knighted himself.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I'm surprised no one has mentioned our messed up national sport yet! Fremantle is the best by the way!