What do you think of US soldiers?

Dec 30, 2009
Tiny116 said:
Halaxis said:
Tiny116 said:
Halaxis said:
Ah, but for every dialect and accent in the UK, India has 10 more. No, really, there are some 800 languages in that country.
Damn...that is pretty impressive.
But put it into perspective, how many times can you fit the UK into India???
Lets see. UK=60 mil people, 250,000 kl^2. or 240 people per kl^2
India=1200 mil people, 3,300,000 kl^2 or 3635 people per kl^2

Lets say every dialect had an equal chance of appearing in the given land. Based on the 10X as more thing, 80 dialects in UK, so each would appear 3 times. 800 in India, so each would come up 4.5 times.

You can fit 20X the people from UK into India, but the dialect spread is nearly even.
Just
OK ;-)
I think I just won this. WHOO! Bad math for the win! Good discussion bro!

tricky_tree

Jan 10, 2010
Melon Hunter said:
gamer416 said:
Berethond said:
mrhappyface said:
Alkestes said:
I think US soldiers are jealous that the British army are better trained. >:
Ironic isn't it? You guys have better training than us, but we have a bigger budget?
There are a lot more of you guys to train, though.
But america has beaten the british twice.
We burned down the White House, though. If you can't take down the country, take down its symbol.
Also it took help from the French and Dutch to cut off our shipping lanes, preventing reinforcements. Also that was about the time we were single-handedly saving Europe from that evil French midget

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Kollega said:
Don't blame soldiers for wars, at the very least. Blame politicans who start them.
Pretty much this. They're only following orders. Also, it takes a ton of balls to sign up for a job where there's a chance you'll get shot doing it.

Dec 14, 2009
tricky_tree said:
Melon Hunter said:
gamer416 said:
Berethond said:
mrhappyface said:
Alkestes said:
Ironic isn't it? You guys have better training than us, but we have a bigger budget?
We burned down the White House, though. If you can't take down the country, take down its symbol.
Also it took help from the French and Dutch to cut off our shipping lanes, preventing reinforcements. Also that was about the time we were single-handedly saving Europe from that evil French midget
Yeah, you should be happy, bloody thankless task saving the world it is.

Dec 14, 2009
Unkillable Cat said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tricky_tree said:
Melon Hunter said:
gamer416 said:
Berethond said:
mrhappyface said:
Alkestes said:
We also invented Belguim in the same period of time, we were busy beavers
Ahhh, thems were the days... fond memories.

tricky_tree

Jan 10, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Unkillable Cat said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tricky_tree said:
Melon Hunter said:
gamer416 said:
Berethond said:
mrhappyface said:
Alkestes said:
It's great to think of the good old days, makes you long for a brandy and a cigar

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
tricky_tree said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Unkillable Cat said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tricky_tree said:
Melon Hunter said:
gamer416 said:
Berethond said:
mrhappyface said:
Alkestes said:
It's great to think of the good old days, makes you long for a brandy and a cigar

Aye, when Britainnia ruled the waves, when Britain was the workshop of the world, when we ruled a quarter of the worlds population, and owned quarter of the worlds landmass, all with an army of around 100,000 men and one huge navy..yep, they where the days. For us that is.

We also had it a lot easier than the American's today. In the 19th century we where against natives armed with pointed sticks, now they weild ak-47's, which probably goes some way to explaining why we possesed the largest, and last, Empire.

On topic, i respect American soldiers as i respect any kind of soldier who puts their life on the line to defend their countries interests.

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
CJ1145 said:
Jonesy911 said:
I think the majority of modern day soldiers are fools that are brain washed by propaganda and their own idiocy who sign up to go and kill people.

The government tells us that murder is illegal but then it employs millions of people to go and murder people all over the world, why is the government exempt from its own rules?
I... I...

Wow. That is so hateful, nonsensical, and self-contradictory that I have no response for it. Congratulations man, you're the first person I've met that has been so retarded I can't even make a snarky comment on it.
You're right, what I said is hateful. I have hated soldiers almost my whole life, they're puppets trained to murder and all for what? To protect a their government's power.

When I say "soldiers being allowed to kill and civillians not is stupid" I can obviously see that letting civillians kill each other is just plain dumb, what I'm saying is that nobody deserves the right to kill anybody but themselves and just because the government gives you a license to kill it doesn't make it morally right.

SiliconKnight

Nov 23, 2008
I have nothing but respect for the men and women who volunteer to serve. Most of the men in my family have served in some branch of the military and I can't say I haven't considered joining the Army Rangers myself after I finish college.

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
Contun said:
Jonesy911 said:
I think the majority of modern day soldiers are fools that are brain washed by propaganda and their own idiocy who sign up to go and kill people.

The government tells us that murder is illegal but then it employs millions of people to go and murder people all over the world, why is the government exempt from its own rules?
There's a difference between murder and killing.
The Government kills to protect. People murder for their own selfish gain.

OT: I won't judge the entire group, but they have my respect and I appriciate what they're doing for their country...
The Government murders Middle Easterns for oil, seems like a selfish gain to me.
I've said this before and I'll say it again;
Just because the government gives someone a license to kill doesn't make it morally right

jonnybe123

Nov 25, 2009
'War Is where poor young men go to die for rich old men'

That is just so true. I went to the cinema and saw an advert for the army. It was the biggest pile of propaganda that I had ever seen. There was a guy from the army and they asked him what he thinks about the current Irac War and he said 'its nothing to do with me its up to the politicians'. The majority are mindless tools.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
your willing to die to give me some asshole you never met freedom. Thank you you are at least 100 times braver than me.

gremily

Oct 9, 2008
Wardog13 said:
While I am not on of those people who thinks all soldiers are heroes regardless of what the individual did, I have massive respect for them and plan to join up myself after college.
I solute you!

I believe that explains my opinion...
God bless America!

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
I said "the majority" for a reason, obviously there are people who join the army for genuinely good reasons or out of necessity. So in answer to your question, "does that make me an idiot" I would say no, because you're joining for noble reasons

TSED

Dec 16, 2007
In all honesty, I think the majority of them are taking the easy way out.

Don't have any real skills, don't want to think? Join the army! Yeah, that's the ticket! I'll get taught how to kill things and blah blah blah blah blah.

Of course that's not all of them, but unfortunately that's the VAST majority of persons I've personally known that serve or served in a military force. My pacifistic nature doesn't help my opinion, either.

EDIT:: On being in a poor family and wanting to go to college... Get a job? Sounds harsh, I know, but seriously. It's not that expensive. I've got a part time job (admittedly working for the government, also I'm Canadian) that I've had since highschool. With it, I pay for my rent, my food, my tuition, and my textbooks all out of pocket. Not to mention all of my expensive toys and gadgets, music, games, blah blah blah blah.

Just learn to budget, and get a job. I'm going to have my degree that I paid for entirely myself without a single cent of debt. Don't get a car and you're 66% of the way there.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Jonesy911 said:
I have hated soldiers almost my whole life, they're puppets trained to murder and all for what? To protect a their government's power.
We are not "trained to murder"; we're trained to defend ourselves in a firefight should the time ever come. Sadly, those times are usually "kill or be killed" situations. We have very little control over some things that happen and you know that.

This begs the question: what would you do in such a situation, government laws notwithstanding? Would you simply drop your weapon and stand there frozen, making yourself a walking target? Or would you go ahead and the person trying to shoot you?

You may not like us, but at least respect us enough for making sure your sorry ass isn't getting smacked around by some jackass "holier-than-thou", "the gods tell me to murder for no reason" terrorist who hates you just because you live in a different section of the world.