What do you think the US will look like in 10 years?

FunKing

May 17, 2010
370999 said:
Pretty much like it is now?
agreed...10 years is a blink of an eye really....i see a lot more "mom and pop" stores closed and abandoned, but more satan owned wal-marts and the like

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Not very different than it is now, maybe with 10% more entitlement, and hover boards! WOOOOOOOSH!
Abandon4093 said:
Not all that different from the one that's there now. Some more advanced tech here n there. 12 Fox news channels, all with their individual, venomous 'reporters'. And everything will have bacon in it... except bacon, that contains panchetta.
That sounds like a very delicious future. Mmmm.....bacon...

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:
Nuclear Wastland. Place your bets here, folks.

All joking aside, I think it will somewhat hellish. Places will be abandoned, Big cities will be the only locations for survival, all that good stuff.
Well considering the wonderful amount of intelligence people in America have,I will probably be sleeping in a vault 9 years from now before we blow ourselves to Hell.
Then I'll have to go get my vault a new water purifier...

Phenx92

Jun 28, 2009
Where can I sign-up for Power Armor training? <- that's what I wanna be able to say in 10 years.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
My cynical side: It will just probably the same as we are now: corrupt politically, fighting some war, in debt, Congress will get nothing done, and no compromises will be reached by any two arrogant sides.
My optimist side: Our debts will be off, politicians will serve the people, trade will flourish, medicinal/technology research at top priorities, NASA is resumed, assistance to developing countries increases, compromises are reached so that both sides get a fair deal, and Pandas now begin repopulating the earth. (That has nothing to do with US, but my optimist side likes Pandas)

Darksteel Mike

Mar 23, 2011
Have you seen "Idiocracy"? Yeah....

Okay, to be fair, they can't mess things up that badlyin just 10 years. They're alarmingly good at poor decisions, yes, but the rest of the world is no better.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Not much different. It didn't change too drastically (except financially) with that idiot in charge for 8 years, so I doubt it's going to be much different in the next ten.

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
It's only a couple years before, so this is just a rough estimate...

Seriously though, it'll probably look more like...

Wait, no, no, not exactly what I had in mind...

Okay, seriously serious, it'll look more or less the same. Let's face it, we're not going to find out how to make a hover-train/boat/car/bike/anything in the next ten years, find out how to make it cost-effective, and then set up a traffic system for people using it. Then build big huge skyrises that combined with hovercars render horizontal travel on the ground obsolete. I don't think it's going to happen, as much as I really want it to...

EDIT: 100th post! YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
After china buys us we will most likley take on a more asian archatectural theam, with a lot more sweat shops than before that china makes the americans work

Sep 14, 2009
LiberalSquirrel said:
I think it'll look pretty damn close to what it looks like now. With some slightly more advanced technology.

I mean, think about it. What's changed in the U.S. from 2001 'til now? Answer: not much. Give a slightly longer time period, and perhaps we'll have some more drastic changes.
eh in my city you would be surprised...

100 years ago we barely had 10-20 blocks worth in our city, now our furthest out street that is in "city limits" goes out to 310th street, and then it goes a solid 15 miles from south to north, so i would like to think it expands at a decent rate.

i mean hell from 3 years ago when i was in high school they have already added 2 high schools and 2 middle schools in the area..so that's gotta say something

werty10089

Aug 14, 2011
There are a few ways I see the US heading.

A) An outline of the situation presented in the novel 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbery. But somehow more tragic, and with alot more soylent green. Loan debts and constant fear of imprisonment leave people fearing to protest, while the rich finally pull off that coup-de-grace they have been trying to swindle on the middle class since the 60's. People are either doing forced labour in prisons for commiting paltry crimes (which is happening now BTW) or are driven into the military for food.

B) History repeats itself and the US seperates after a civil war into the north and south. Obviously the first thing the south does is invade, and the country is overrun by something that looks similar to Caesar's Legion From Fallout: New Vegas except without all the cool outfits.

C) Total apocalypse! Humanity is destroyed by a combination of 'solar storms' a.k.a space radiation leaking in due to Ozone depletion; 'red tide' crisis a.k.a a toxic species of plankton that cannibalizes other plankton, killing all life in the ocean, and anything that eats anything from the ocean; Frequent asteroid collisions sparking megavolcanic eruptions, also caused by Ozone depletion; Heat waves; Nuclear waste from wars; and juggalos.

D) Aliens swoop down and save our asses at the last minute, sadly only for probing.