What do you want in Skyrim?

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
There already was a big thread on it a while back but CO-OP. I want CO-OP in Skyrim. I was forever lost in Oblivion and not in the immersive way... Having a friend playing alongside would have made the game much more fun and easier to understand.
[sub]I know its off-topic but I'm more immersed in the Fallout games made by bethesda than the elder scroll series[/sub]

coopie1

Dec 6, 2010
spears which can also be thrown
and a herring which can cut down the tallest tree
and the ability to have children, adopt and have partners
and I like the idea of co-op

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Mandalore_15 said:
A game that doesn't feel like an aimless grind.

Also, no more goddamn AUTO-LEVELING ENEMIES!
Whats wrong with auto leveling enemies? I found it nice. I felt like I could go out and explore, without worry of getting my ass handed to me by some extremely high level rock fairy...or something.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Improved Combat
A less hive mined community (Seriously I kill a guy in a back alley and suddenly EVERYONE knows it was me for no good reason)
Guards that aren't omniscient
Ability to become a Vampire that doesn't suck
Ability to become something interesting like a Lich or Part Demon (I hate how so many characters in Oblivion had something interesting going on for them, but all I can do is become a Vampire that can't fast travel because if I do I die)

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
bussinrounds said:
kortin said:
Mandalore_15 said:

Whats wrong with auto leveling enemies? I found it nice. I felt like I could go out and explore, without worry of getting my ass handed to me by some extremely high level rock fairy...or something.
It takes the tension and excitement away from exploring if you know everything is gonna be on your level.
Preferences I guess. I prefer to have it to where I can take on something and have at least some of a chance of winning. Instead of being wtfpwned by whatever is out there D:

Cybele

Jun 7, 2010
The one thing that really bothered my in Oblivion (and Morrowind too I think) was that npc's would always talk to you when you walked past them. Greeting me is one thing but asking me what I want for the hundredth time gets very annoying.
If this gets removed in Skyrim I'll be very happy.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
BloodSquirrel said:
I want a character creation/advancement system that doesn't require highly counter-intuitive metagaming to not wind up with a broken, useless character.
That it's your lucky day.

Skyrim lets you pick your race and looks, and you're on your way.
No more classes to pick way early in the game with no idea what fits your game style.

God, I started so many new Oblivion characters that I just made a permanent save just before you exit the sewer.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
kortin said:
Mandalore_15 said:

I didn't like it for a number of reasons:

1. When you explore the world at low levels, there are just boring animals in it, e.g. wolves, mud crabs and stuff. As you level up, suddenly the game is full of ogres and shit. Completely broke my immersion.

2. If everything around you levels up as you do, there's no feeling of progression. The lower level enemies beef up to match you, so you don't think "wow, I've really been training, I can kill a bandit with just a couple of sword swings now", because they level up. It defeats the object of a leveling system if you don't get to dick on low-level enemies, and there are no high-level ones to work towards defeating.

3. High level enemies should be in the game and be able to kill you in my opinion. The way to conceal them is to make them difficult to find unless you accept quests that are only accessible at higher levels. You should still be able to find them, its what makes it a believable world, but making sure they aren't roaming the countryside looking for player-meat is how you keep the game balanced.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
Nile McMorrow said:
There already was a big thread on it a while back but CO-OP. I want CO-OP in Skyrim. I was forever lost in Oblivion and not in the immersive way... Having a friend playing alongside would have made the game much more fun and easier to understand.
[sub]I know its off-topic but I'm more immersed in the Fallout games made by bethesda than the elder scroll series[/sub]
That's not going to happen. They've said that you play "the last dragon-born" in the game (original I know). You wouldn't be the last if there were two of you. =S

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Mandalore_15 said:
kortin said:
Mandalore_15 said:

I didn't like it for a number of reasons:

1. When you explore the world at low levels, there are just boring animals in it, e.g. wolves, mud crabs and stuff. As you level up, suddenly the game is full of ogres and shit. Completely broke my immersion.

2. If everything around you levels up as you do, there's no feeling of progression. The lower level enemies beef up to match you, so you don't think "wow, I've really been training, I can kill a bandit with just a couple of sword swings now", because they level up. It defeats the object of a leveling system if you don't get to dick on low-level enemies, and there are no high-level ones to work towards defeating.

3. High level enemies should be in the game and be able to kill you in my opinion. The way to conceal them is to make them difficult to find unless you accept quests that are only accessible at higher levels. You should still be able to find them, its what makes it a believable world, but making sure they aren't roaming the countryside looking for player-meat is how you keep the game balanced.
I agree with those reasons, but Auto-leveling could be good if they implemented it differently, for example, if they only effected enemies within bases or caves, that would be good. But putting them all over the world is a bad move. I hate walking along a road when suddenly:
"Oh fuck, six minotaurs are fucking after me! and I've only walked about 20 meters out of the city. Oh nice one I'm dead, yesterday there was only rats here"

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
The ability to use a one-handed weapon in one hand and punch/kick with the other. I would dig that.

THIS. IS. SKYRIM!

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Everything I had been hoping for in Oblivion seems to be showing up in Skyrim.

Except less demented conversations and Bethesda's use of about five different voice actors.

Those could afford improvement, and if everything else is as good as it sounds, this game is looking to be amazing.

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
It would be nice if the main quest didn't suck as bad as in Fallout 3 (or Oblivion, for that matter). I'm not holding my breath.

urdoom9

May 18, 2011
When I buy a sword from a merchant for 1000 gold, that merchant should now have 1000 more gold pieces to buy my stuff with, as in Fallout 3. In Oblivion, if you had a very valuable item you wanted to sell, you were stuck at the Merchant's "cap", even if you spent tons of gold there.

ps. Can't wait for the Faction quests, aka Brotherhood O' Darkness and Mages guild.

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
The Adoring Fan... Seriously he was the reason I played Oblivion... Just so I could kill him.

... Then reload last save

Then repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 >:D