What do you want to happen to your body when you die?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I want to be burned, I'd like it like Qui Gon in Phantom Menace but not sure that's legal so cremation is the closest thing?

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
I want to be buried like this:

(bad quality video sorry)

in all seriousness I'd probably go with cremation.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I'm an organ donor like (seemingly) most people who've posted. So that's a thing which will happen.

Then I guess I want to be buried. I don't know where.

I don't like the idea of cremation. Seems too final for me.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Adam Grove said:
So, my fellow escapist, my question is, what will you have happen to your body upon your death? Will you have it buried, perhaps cremated?

For example, I want to be buried when I die, But no with no coffin. Simply lowered into the earth, and then covered with the soil. Nothing separating me from the rest of the earth. I want no tombstone to stand monument to this spot. Instead, I want a Sapling of a tree planted on top of my grave. I think an apple tree. The only standing testament that any body lays buried on that spot, nothing else.

As my body disintegrates, physical evidence of myself will leave the world, but from my nutrients, the tree will feed and grow. Ad time goes on, the tree would grow strong, and fruit will bloom from it. From that fruit the creature of the world can feed freely. Giving them life, much like I gave life to the tree. Eventually, that tree will die, as all living things do. But it will have feed many; helping to give life.

When that tree dies, my final ties to the world will die with it. I will no longer have any physical attachment to this, or any world. Eventually, the creatures who ate from the tree will die, and feeding the world upon their deaths, much like I did. From the feeding, more will live, as that is how it will continue as the cycle of life upon death continues with it.

So, my escapist friends, what will you have done to your body?
Great question OP (albeit slightly long personal answer).

For me I want a traditional Viking burial if possible, covered in flammable bark, kindling ect, then a skilled archer will shoot a flaming arrow, and ignite my body where it will burn and form ash in the sea.

Better than being cremated and forgotten, or buried than dug up again, just be done with it, the shell of your body once you die is useless anyway, if we are more than the electro-chemical existence than some believe, the body is of no use to me (I may reserve all of the useless organs for donation just prior to this, why not?).

weirdsoup

Jul 28, 2010
I would like to do what the composer André Tchaikowsky did and donate my head to the Royal Shakespear Company as a prop.

Mauler

Jul 11, 2012
I would like my ''surviving'' organs to be donated to science and rest of my body dezintegrated, because i don't want my remains to be any burden to someone...

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
I want to be buried at the bottom of the sea. Why, you ask? Because that will show everybody who said that they were going to dance on my grave!

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Donate me to science or burn me to my ashes. I don't want a coffin and all that crap taking up room.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
I'd go with cremation. Caskets are ridiculously expensive, and cemetary plots aren't any better. I'd rather be put in a jar than have my family not only sad that I died but also that they have to pay a fortune to deal with my corpse.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Cement shoes, cheap suit, drop me in the ocean.

Or donated to science.
Preferably science.