What Do You Want to Read in The Escapist?

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
What Do You Want to Read in The Escapist?

From virtual pets, The Escapist's weekly magazine constantly strives to cover games from new and unique angles. But even after four years and 219 issues, there's still new territory to explore. We want to know where you'd like us to go next.

We admit it: In The Escapist's ongoing quest to expose every nook and cranny of our favorite hobby to the blinding light of our insight, it's possible we've left a few stones unturned. That's why we want to hear from you about what topics you'd like to appear in our weekly magazine. Maybe you've noticed a genre or theme that's conspicuously absent from our pages, or perhaps there's a phenomenon sweeping the gaming space that you're dying to hear more about. So what are you waiting for? Tell us about it!

We'll be looking at your suggestions when we craft our next editorial calendar, and we'd love to hear directly from you about what kinds of features you'd like to read. Just post your favorite topics or themes in the comment thread.

I'll kick things off: An issue about videogames and food. Seriously. Cooking games, cooking mechanics, favorite gaming snacks. Mmmm ... I'm getting hungry already.

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
not sure if you've covered it yet or not but maybe personal hygiene or something? I dunno, I'm bad with these sorts of ideas.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Need... to... flame... reaching... critical... peak...

Ahem.

More user related stuff is pretty nifty.

I suggest a showcase of the user "Sparrow".

Edit: Actually. That's not a bad idea. Why not "interview" the better known members of the site? You know, the big names. Neonbob, Sparrow, Max, Sparrow, erm... Sparrow. Also maybe, Sparrow? Not sure who else. Oh, did I forget Sparrow?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
You've done nothoing about books in any of the issues I remember reading.
That would be new. although an acquired taste.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Hmmmm.....

Maybe an issue about video games and their book/manga tie-ins.

Or maybe something about michinima. (sp?)

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Has there been an issue about tie-ins? You know, comics, movies, books, etc. That could work.

That, or an article about tabletop games (Warhammer, or pen-and-paper RPG's). I'd like that.

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
How about re-thinking the entire mechanic of issues as such and creating collaborated pieces from authors playing together within games, exploring their different perspectives.

yeah it's not much...

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Sparrow said:

Ahem.

No offense, but Sparrow is sooooo six months ago. We're looking for something a bit more ... relevant.

;)

MorteSphere

Jul 8, 2009
I like contraversial/taboo topics. Like sex, religion, violence in games, and piracy. World news is interesting, too.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Jordan Deam said:
Sparrow said:

Ahem.

No offense, but Sparrow is sooooo six months ago. We're looking for something a bit more ... relevant.

;)
But, but, but--!

That Sparrow guy is AWESOME!

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Eh dno, I get most of my news from here, my friends are like how do you know all this stuff when you don't get xbox magazine and i'm like, because i'm on the coolest website on the intarwebz *puts on sunglasses and walks away*

Alienmen1

May 14, 2008
Said by Jordan Deam
"I'll kick things off: An issue about videogames and food. Seriously. Cooking games, cooking mechanics, favorite gaming snacks. Mmmm ... I'm getting hungry already."

I agree with you (about the Videogame and food thing)

My cooking is quite mediocre and I use the help of an videogame to teach me how to cook seriously and help me become talented about it

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I'd love to see an issue focusing on gaming culture between the East and West. Mainly European countries that aren't the UK and the Netherlands, but also places like South America and whatnot. Places that may not house any big gaming icons or even headlines, but that still have plenty of gamers.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
-Horror? Do we have an issue of what's horror for you guys?
-The old 8-bit era?
-Yes, cooking would be interesting.
-Different languages. How much translations were important?

Mmmm, I'll edit if I can think of any other...

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Actually, it would be neat to have a weekly or biweekly interview with a member of the escapist. :)
It would give us all a chance to get to see a side of our fellow members that we haven't seen before.
Some basic questions could be.
What games are you playing at the moment?
What brought you to the escapist?
What do you do outside of the world of video games?
What college/school do you attend? Or what's your job?

Sparror has a good idea, even if it does revolve around him, lol. =P

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I know it's a little cliched, but I always enjoy reading lists.

We always rattle on about our favorite things but it would be nice to hear the staff's point of view...

'Escapist Staffs 50 hardest ever game levels', or 'Top ten golden rules on online gaming'

Stuff like that. It's shallow but its fun.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
How about an issue that focuses on games and... Games?

I'd read that.

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
Have you done one on games helping people with a real social life? I know I've seen gaming clubs and such pretty much save people from some incredible depression. Heck, even I have an interesting sort of story to tell.

Otherwise, I got nothing. I can't think of themes, just think of topics as they come to mind.