what do you want to see in GTA V?

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
so we've seen the single player and multiplayer reveals and the game seems pretty ambitious but as GTA fans we always have stuff that we want to see. So this is the place to vent all the ideas that are brewing in your head

personally I'd love to see a side-arch (just one or two mission) of the story where Trevor gets involved with crystal meth. Just imagine the camera pans to Trevor and hes in the dessert in his signature underpants and an apron cooking meth in a beat up old Winnebago. I know GTA loves to parody popular culture so this is entirely possible and I'd love to see their spin on breaking bad

captcha:
Science, It works (why are these things always so relevant?)

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
A not as shittily depressing ending as 4, also if there does end up being a "main villain" I hope there is resolution and not like 4 where he just disappears and nothing gets resolved.

The Knightly Gamer

Jan 5, 2011
I would love to see if they have CJ from San Andreas, make an apperance in the game. It would be cool He be in his 40's I assume so he could be an OG of the Grove Street Families gang or he could be out of the "gang game" and trying to clean up the streets that "his" gang took over in GTA San Andreas.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I tell you what I don't want. I don't want people constantly phoning me to go bowling with them.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
The Knightly Gamer said:
I would love to see if they have CJ from San Andreas, make an apperance in the game. It would be cool He be in his 40's I assume so he could be an OG of the Grove Street Families gang or he could be out of the "gang game" and trying to clean up the streets that "his" gang took over in GTA San Andreas.
Thats a good shout and I dont see why not. Those green gangsters we see are they actually called "grove street" or are they nameless?

Corven said:
A not as shittily depressing ending as 4, also if there does end up being a "main villain" I hope there is resolution and not like 4 where he just disappears and nothing gets resolved.
The seriousness was basically the major flaw in 4. Granted i dont want another saints row but something on par with san an or vice city. I mean seriously no planes or tanks? However judging by the trailers ive seen 5 seems to regain the old school GTA humour and style

The Knightly Gamer

Jan 5, 2011
shootthebandit said:
The Knightly Gamer said:
Thats a good shout and I dont see why not. Those green gangsters we see are they actually called "grove street" or are they nameless?
In San Andreas the name of CJ's gang (the guys in green) was The Grove Street Families. The gang was original founded to help protect the grove street neighborhood from drugs and other gangs.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
The Knightly Gamer said:
shootthebandit said:
The Knightly Gamer said:
In San Andreas the name of CJ's gang (the guys in green) was The Grove Street Families. The gang was original founded to help protect the grove street neighborhood from drugs and other gangs.
I know that but what im asking is does anyone know if they keep the same name in GTA 5

The Knightly Gamer

Jan 5, 2011
shootthebandit said:
The Knightly Gamer said:
shootthebandit said:
The Knightly Gamer said:
I know that but what im asking is does anyone know if they keep the same name in GTA 5
Oh duh my mind kind of slipped up there lol. Its taking place in the same area as San Andreas so there is a chance of it happening. Although roughly 20 years have passed since the events of San Andreas so the gang could be long gone. So with the information we have on GTA 5 it's still up in the air. If they are still around then I would assume they would still have the same name.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Everything I've seen in the trailers and previews.

Seriously, they even have fucking submarines. I didn't even know I wanted submarines in an open world game, but now that they've put that out there I now want it.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Bad Jim said:
I tell you what I don't want. I don't want people constantly phoning me to go bowling with them.
Totally agree. I hate when I am in the middle of a task or getting chased by cops,(its LCPD, its fun to fuck around with them and killing them in different ways), then get a call "Hey cousin, why don't you take me bowling" or "Hey cousin lets go see some american titties". and if i say no, then they get fucking pissy.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
The Knightly Gamer said:
Or they could REALLY kick old fans in the balls and just have his gravestone somewhere XD

Or have him become a nobody like some of the characters have in past games (I'm pretty sure that happened to tony from liberty city stories to GTA 3 ).

OT: More interesting story missions. Too many in GTA 4 were just boring filler. With the inclusion of heists and switching characters i'm hopefull this will happen.

Fixed character movement and gunplay. They fixed these in max payne 3, so they SHOULD carry over.

Less pointless mini-games or "social sims" like dating or going bowling. More actual fun side stuff like the cop missions or street racing. Again, they started doing these in Gay tony so it should happen :)

Overall it looks pretty damn good but i'm still gonna wait for reviews after being massively disappoint with gta4 (Red dead was the tits though).

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Fucking co-op.

I mean we now have 3 unique characters with differing skill sets. Its the perfect set up for drop in/ drop out 3 player co-op.

I really dont understand why GTA doesnt get people want co-op. Hell, Saints Row owes huge amounts of its success to the sole fact it has co-op.

I mean the perpetual online world thing might be okay. Then again it might be very limited and boring. Like Red Dead, it had some cool concepts for the online (non matchmaking) world, but they didnt have a huge amount of replayability. I guess time will tell.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Better missions (fuck your scripted chase scenes in the arse)
No fucking lame-ass relationships (NO I DON'T WANT TO GO BOWLING)
Enjoyable driving physics (I'm good enough at crashing my own car, thank you very much)

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I don't know what to say. I've seen the trailers and gameplay videos and it looks like it's much more than I thought it would be. I guess I just want it to deliver on it's promises.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
An actual garage to store my cars.

I do not ever again want to step out of my safe house, and watch a 25 ton (tonne for you other people) garbage truck cream my pristine sports car trying to make a u-turn at a stop light, because traffic is backed up. Never again Rockstar! You hear me!? >:I

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Id be happy just for better driving that GTA4 and no cousin calling you everytime your on your way to a mission. Other than that i would like better checkpoint system so im not re doing the same 5 minutes driving every time i restart the mission.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Some sign that the GTA 3D Era is still Canon with the GTA HD Era.
That would make my year :D

Captcha: It Happens

O_O I sure hope you are right.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Corven said:
I assume you mean Mr. Bulgarin?

I never got the sense he was the "main villain", I always thought that was Dimitri. Either way though, Bulgarin gets his in the Ballad of Gay Tony

Xarathox said:
An actual garage to store my cars.

I do not ever again want to step out of my safe house, and watch a 25 ton (tonne for you other people) garbage truck cream my pristine sports car trying to make a u-turn at a stop light, because traffic is backed up. Never again Rockstar! You hear me!? >:I
Seconded. And if I might add, make it like a 2/3 car garage. Nothing was worse than trying to squeeze cars into that little reserved parking, and coming back later to find both of them gone, because they hung over the edge or something.

And, I don't care if it's not realistic, please make the garage accessible from any safehouse. I don't want to have to drive across the entire damn map because oops, the fast car I need for this race is actually in Alderny! Tee-hee!

And one extra thing, fix the relationships. They're a fun gimmick every now and again, and I enjoyed playing pool/darts/getting drunk with Packie and everybody, but don't make me have 5 friends, that are all going to call me two or three times a day asking to hang out.

SonOfVoorhees said:
Id be happy just for better driving that GTA4 and no cousin calling you everytime your on your way to a mission. Other than that i would like better checkpoint system so im not re doing the same 5 minutes driving every time i restart the mission.
They had this in the DLC. If you died in a mission, depending on the size of the mission and where you were, it would start you off at the beginning, or in the middle of something.

No more dying while robbing the bank, and having to drive back to the bank to restart things