what do you want to see in GTA V?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Throwback a little bit and add in the humor that was missing from GTA 4. Not super over-the-top like Saints Row, but some of the old R* humor that was definitely missing from IV. I say it because IV just seemed to have a horribly depressing tone that took away from the fun of the game. It was later reintroduced in TBOGT and LnD, but sorely lacking in the initial game.
Even the city itself seemed to mirror the game's incessant need to make you depressed.

Dandymanx

Aug 31, 2010
amaranth_dru said:
Throwback a little bit and add in the humor that was missing from GTA 4. Not super over-the-top like Saints Row, but some of the old R* humor that was definitely missing from IV. I say it because IV just seemed to have a horribly depressing tone that took away from the fun of the game. It was later reintroduced in TBOGT and LnD, but sorely lacking in the initial game.
Even the city itself seemed to mirror the game's incessant need to make you depressed.
I'd second this, GTAIII, VC and SA did seem to be more 'fun'

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Some more news here guys and gals. Hopefully theres something youd like in here

http://m.uk.ign.com/wikis/grand-theft-auto-5/Achievements_and_Trophies

holographicman

Oct 6, 2009
I've read that a component of the main story missions/heists is hiring various npc's to accompany you during said missions
id be nice to be able to hire a group of 2 or 3 goons to act as extra gunmen/meat shields for your character in freeroam
especially the multiplayer freeroam, it'll help the griefing wars feel a bit more epic since the player caps still at 16

a jetpack would be nice

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I wanna see it with light comedic approach. Michael's trailer was very promising. San Andrea never really did it for me.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I want to see it appear on Steam with Steam controlled multiplayer for around 50 bucks.

Judging by the trailers its contents are fine with me, I want to play a crime game where I play a criminal which is why Saints 4 is being relegated to the "wait for a Steam sale" bin along with anything that offers a season pass.

Also jetpacks please and thank you.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
holographicman said:
I've read that a component of the main story missions/heists is hiring various npc's to accompany you during said missions
id be nice to be able to hire a group of 2 or 3 goons to act as extra gunmen/meat shields for your character in freeroam
especially the multiplayer freeroam, it'll help the griefing wars feel a bit more epic since the player caps still at 16
I like the idea that your goons get a cut. So would it be wise to waste them so you dont gave to pay them or would that have some sort of consequence eg word of mouth gets out that you whack your accomplices so noone wants to be involved in future missions. Or maybe the more you use a certain goon the more experience they get

Hells to the yeah on using them online. Grief wars were the best part of GTA 4 online

SerBrittanicus

Jul 22, 2013
Desert Punk said:
I would be happy to see Rockstar not be retards and actually release it on PC.
Careful what you wish for. They released gta 4 on pc, but they were still retards about it and to this day it is still unplayable for me, because of their shitty 3 levels of drm that don't work well together at all. That is therefore what I want - gta v released on pc with the max level of drm being just me having to log in to steam to play it - no other accounts please. However I think I will add another wish to that - if the US is only going to be paying $60 (only assuming that is what it is over there) then they can fuck off with their £55 price tag over here - my second wish is gta v is reasonably priced.

In terms of the gameplay itself I don't know - since Rockstar refused to let me play number 4 I suppose all I can say is a continuation and refinement of the games previous to that.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
The same thing I want from all open-world games; player agency. GTA4 had this annoying habit of locking you in to it's mindset. A very "you vill have ze fun ve tell you to have... ONLY VHEN VE TELL YOU TOO!" kind of approach. And I didn't really appreciate it very much.

And I swear, if there's even one toll booth I'm trading the game back in and loading up Saints Row 1 for a complete series do-over.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I want a PC release and I want the ability to customize my cars both in terms of performance and looks. Yeah, I would love to drive around in a pink cop car with nitro. I would love to make a sport car look awesome.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I would like to see more rewards that aren't just achievement trophies but things you can use in the game like respawning guns & vehicles. That was the biggest disappointment I had with gta4. Other than that, I'd like it to be a bit less pretentious than the other R* games from this gen. In a game where I'm careening down the sidewalk just to see the pedestrians fly, it's hard to take the death of a main character seriously.
The Knightly Gamer said:
shootthebandit said:
The Knightly Gamer said:
shootthebandit said:
The Knightly Gamer said:
I would love to see if they have CJ from San Andreas, make an apperance in the game. It would be cool He be in his 40's I assume so he could be an OG of the Grove Street Families gang or he could be out of the "gang game" and trying to clean up the streets that "his" gang took over in GTA San Andreas.
Thats a good shout and I dont see why not. Those green gangsters we see are they actually called "grove street" or are they nameless?
In San Andreas the name of CJ's gang (the guys in green) was The Grove Street Families. The gang was original founded to help protect the grove street neighborhood from drugs and other gangs.
I know that but what im asking is does anyone know if they keep the same name in GTA 5
Oh duh my mind kind of slipped up there lol. Its taking place in the same area as San Andreas so there is a chance of it happening. Although roughly 20 years have passed since the events of San Andreas so the gang could be long gone. So with the information we have on GTA 5 it's still up in the air. If they are still around then I would assume they would still have the same name.
I think they should stick with the idea that the previous generations characters were sort of mythical heroes. It would be cool to see them in movies and/or video games that they have in GTA V.
There is an achievement trophy for solving the mystery of Lenora Johnson so there's definitely going to be some sort of reference to CJs family. It looks like they're also parodying the ufo sightings from GTA SA, looks like it might have something to do with the hidden packages in V.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
I would like to see more rewards that aren't just achievement trophies but things you can use in the game like respawning guns & vehicles. That was the biggest disappointment I had with gta4. Other than that, I'd like it to be a bit less pretentious than the other R* games from this gen. In a game where I'm careening down the sidewalk just to see the pedestrians fly, it's hard to take the death of a main character seriously.
The Knightly Gamer said:
shootthebandit said:
The Knightly Gamer said:
shootthebandit said:
The Knightly Gamer said:
I would love to see if they have CJ from San Andreas, make an apperance in the game. It would be cool He be in his 40's I assume so he could be an OG of the Grove Street Families gang or he could be out of the "gang game" and trying to clean up the streets that "his" gang took over in GTA San Andreas.
Thats a good shout and I dont see why not. Those green gangsters we see are they actually called "grove street" or are they nameless?
In San Andreas the name of CJ's gang (the guys in green) was The Grove Street Families. The gang was original founded to help protect the grove street neighborhood from drugs and other gangs.
I know that but what im asking is does anyone know if they keep the same name in GTA 5
Oh duh my mind kind of slipped up there lol. Its taking place in the same area as San Andreas so there is a chance of it happening. Although roughly 20 years have passed since the events of San Andreas so the gang could be long gone. So with the information we have on GTA 5 it's still up in the air. If they are still around then I would assume they would still have the same name.
I think they should stick with the idea that the previous generations characters were sort of mythical heroes. It would be cool to see them in movies and/or video games that they have in GTA V.
There is an achievement trophy for solving the mystery of Lenora Johnson so there's definitely going to be some sort of reference to CJs family. It looks like they're also parodying the ufo sightings from GTA SA, looks like it might have something to do with the hidden packages in V.
It mentions the epsilon program in the achievements. Im guessing thats going to be really fun and interesting. It says you can complete it or not? I wonder what the benefit of doing so are?

Gunrunner

Jul 20, 2008
Judging by a few of these comments, it seems no one here has seen the reveal trailers...there are car garages, you can customise your car etc.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Gunrunner said:
Judging by a few of these comments, it seems no one here has seen the reveal trailers...there are car garages, you can customise your car etc.
I think a lot of people are asking about the level of customisation. Is it midnight club:LA (also a rockstar title) level of cosmetic customisation or a gran turismo level of performance tuning. Or is it a few minor things like in San An

The garages though they look huge (well atleast the one shown in the multiplayer trailer) but i bet they cost an arm and a leg and filling them will cost even more (for some reason i think boosting high-end cars will be hard)

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Um...I got nothing. The trailer's are pretty much showing that it has just about everything that I would want in the game.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
shootthebandit said:
It mentions the epsilon program in the achievements. Im guessing thats going to be really fun and interesting. It says you can complete it or not? I wonder what the benefit of doing so are?
IDK, What sort of benefits are you supposed to get from moving up in the ranks of Scientology?

The achievement trophy I was happy to see was the return of Rampages. I missed them. I hope there are good rewards for that too.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
The real question here is what you don't want in GTA V, since the trailers make it seem like everything ever has been packed into the game. Seriously, submarines; never figured there would be submarines in GTA, but that is now a thing.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
shootthebandit said:
IDK, What sort of benefits are you supposed to get from moving up in the ranks of Scientology?

The achievement trophy I was happy to see was the return of Rampages. I missed them. I hope there are good rewards for that too.
Are these activities character specific. For example a rampage is something i could see as a trevor specific activity and street racing being franklins thing but you never know