What do you want to see in The Darkness 2?

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Oh jizzsplosion! When I heard they are making a second 'Darkness' game I messed my pants. Got me thinking, how are they going to go about this? Well lets see what you all want!

Some things I would like:
- NEW CHARACTER: Jackie was a very cool character and very likeable but I think that the series should move onto a new person (His son maybe? Would make sense considering The Darkness is passed on through the Estacado name) Maybe Jackie can make a cameo appearance?

- MORE SET PIECES: Nothing was more intense than the Church fight, so some more of that would be cool.

- MORE OTHERWORLD: Whenever I went to the otherworld I always felt a bit ill, the place was very unpredictable and overall very disturbing, and I love that! (Angel on the hill anyone?)

- MORE EXECUTION KILLS: Taking a punk down by running up to him and shooting him in the mouth never got old, but perhaps we could see more executions using The Darkness. Tentacle rape perhaps?

- NO MULTIPLAYER: It works too well as a single player experience, I still replay it and I have finished it countless times. If a game is made well, it doesnt need a multiplayer to keep it going.

wbu escapist?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
A little bit of light.

The first was great but very, very dour and intense all the way through. It would be nice to have just a little light relief to keep a balance and dynamic.

Viewtiful Dan

Apr 19, 2010
Tighter shooting controls
More darkness powers
Make it a little easier to know what you're supposed to be doing

Levi93

Oct 26, 2009
More powers and another great story.

One problem with Jackie making a cameo appearance if you play as his son though: when the son is born the darkness kills the father and posses the son, that's what it's like in the comics anyways.

PsionicAtlas

Apr 7, 2010
SovietX said:
Oh jizzsplosion! When I heard they are making a second 'Darkness' game I messed my pants. Got me thinking, how are they going to go about this? Well lets see what you all want!

Some things I would like:
- NEW CHARACTER: Jackie was a very cool character and very likeable but I think that the series should move onto a new person (His son maybe? Would make sense considering The Darkness is passed on through the Estacado name) Maybe Jackie can make a cameo appearance?

- MORE SET PIECES: Nothing was more intense than the Church fight, so some more of that would be cool.

- MORE OTHERWORLD: Whenever I went to the otherworld I always felt a bit ill, the place was very unpredictable and overall very disturbing, and I love that! (Angel on the hill anyone?)

- MORE EXECUTION KILLS: Taking a punk down by running up to him and shooting him in the mouth never got old, but perhaps we could see more executions using The Darkness. Tentacle rape perhaps?

- NO MULTIPLAYER: It works too well as a single player experience, I still replay it and I have finished it countless times. If a game is made well, it doesnt need a multiplayer to keep it going.

wbu escapist?
I don't think switching characters would work, The Darkness is based off the comic of the same name(it's in the DC Universe, Jackie even met Superman once if memory serves correctly). But I seriously got excited the second I saw this post cause it will be freaking awesome for a sequel.

OT: A revamped combat system, cause the only thing that was lackluster in the game was the combat, and also fixing the difficulty curve would be nice. OH and better goblin(or imps? I haven't played the game in ages) controls.