What does your country do best?

Coppernerves

Oct 17, 2011
KissmahArceus said:
Scotland: Being ginger and complaining
Also, Heroin
I always thought gingerness and complaints were more Irish talents, along with holding their liquor and insurgency.

As for heroin, I would say Afghanistan for production, and either the USA or Russia for consumption.

Onto my own country, the U.K.

I guess we're pretty good at science, counter-piracy, counter-terrorism, and stock trading.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
KillKill said:
Rawne1980 said:
UK does comedy fantastically.
I second this.
We also make a bloody good cuppa.

...and we used to be great at nicking other people's countries.
We really should get back to doing that some time, I feel as though people are starting to forget our proud tradition of stealing half the world with the cunning use of flags.

Perhaps it's just because i'm English and so the comedy is more geared towards me but I really do think we have the best comedians, perhaps it's because we also do jaded and bitter best?

Oh, and we also have the stiffest upper lips in the world.

Beldaros

Jan 24, 2009
[/quote]
SckizoBoy said:
Rawne1980 said:
UK does comedy fantastically.
snip
I used to believe tea was our thing, but unfortunately now that I live in the Czech republic I think they do it better. Just not "English Tea."

As for my opinion of Czech...

Corruption, I think the Czechs do Corruption best... and impatience.

6urk17s

Nov 16, 2010
[HEADING=1]BURN IT![/HEADING]
Its like our national spring sport.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
This forum has brought me to the realisation that: all men think their countries beer is the best beer and all men think that beer is an integral part of their country . All of which is actually probably true. Provided we all remember that theres no bad beers, theres just some that taste better than others.

and canadians play hockey (except for the nhl players oddly enough.......) and proudly sport scars of glorious hockey exploits, make fun of canadians one province over for having bad weather, say sorry and mean it even though we know we shouldnt be sorry, put french on everything in the country despite the fact that outside of quebec no one speaks french, and make the best goddamn maple sirop on the planet

were also fairly proficient at shoveling the driveway..

Verzin

Jan 23, 2012
obesity? we're really good at making bacon wrapped burgers with deep fried chicken 'buns' here in america.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Dedtoo said:
Let's see... What is Norway good at?

OH! Right! We're pretty decent at skiing! Yay!

...At least, I think so...
Indeed we are!

We are also pretty damn good at offshore oil drilling.
Hey America? Why use BP? Statoil is much better!

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Eccentricity... Seriously... Examples: (WARNING: Spoilered for size!)

Went through WWII with only a Claymore sword and a longbow... survived! Never took a rifle, yet was in some very intense fights and raids. After leaving the Army he was the first man to ever surf the Severn Bore (look it up) and he was known for his oddities... like throwing his bag from his commuter train to his garden as it went passed his house... just so he didn't need to carry it from the station! :S

A set of games organised every year... this is what they look like:

Competitors chase a cheese down a steep hill... Who catches it wins!
Here's the hill:

Note... people die in this competition... but still it goes on! :S

Finally:

Seriously... what is with the Star Wars lego along side his Taun Taun sleeping bag next to a bar globe!? And those comics on the shelf... and the pipe!? :S

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Electing the most retarded idiots to public office and outsourcing jobs to third world countries because the people there will work for pennies on the dollar.

dreddfan

Oct 21, 2010
thesilentman said:
Didn't we have this thread a while back? Anyway, I'm from India, the place where we... uh.... uh..... crap, I don't know so I'll talk about the US instead. We in the US have some good games that aren't military shooters spunkgarglewewe games.
India has created some of the best food ever to grace this planet. You should be very proud of that fact at least.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
The US is the best country in the world at generating hate. We don't even have to try, when the country does anything it gets blasted for it no matter what it is.

Aside from that... We do have a lot of the major game companies... just saying.