What does YOUR font look like?

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
So with the thread on cursive going on, and seeing as we already know what Escapists look and sound like, lets see how we write. On paper.

You can either find an old notebook (the paper kind), or write down a short phrase quickly. Then take a picture, upload it to the internets, and post here. Feel free to write something in your native language as well if it includes extra/different letters.

I hope it's not too obvious that I pretty much never use cursive...

I think my handwriting is reasonably neat. Easily legible. A lot of my friends, in particular guys, have really awful handwriting. Their print is barely legible.

You don't strictly need a scanner. I took the above pictures with my cellphone.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Oh dear lord if I posted my handwriting on the internet it would instantly become a WMD based meme. I have the most ilegible script ever recorded... or not, because you can't really record anything I handwrite, it's s'damned messy.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
This doodle I did a while back that shows both:

Ok, so there's not a whole lot of script, but it's all I got.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I will post something up later when I can plug in my tablet.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I can get behind this, though I do not know if I'll find my scanner, I know it's in a box somewhere, well I guess I'll add it later, font is better than letting you hear my voice or showing you my face : P
Though I'm still thinking if I should upload my voice, anyway this should be far easier anyway.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
For you,I shall do this.

I was going to pull out my tablet but I felt that wouldn't be an accurate depiction of my handwritin'

Orphillius

Jul 24, 2012
I don't have any decent cameras so I used my tablet.
I usually write a little cleaner when I have new teachers but after the second day I go straight to full on scribbling.

khiliani

May 27, 2010
huh, a microbiologist, facinating...

my hand writing is terrible, always has been, and i gave up on cursive somewhere mid highschool. but even my normal writing is pretty much illegible people have to get me to translate my written notes or my comments on protocols and the like.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Oh, the things I do for you people.

Man, I can barely even remember how you write in cursive anymore.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
My handwriting... I just took a pic of my German notes because I'm too lazy to write a lot.

And the only thing I can really write in Cursive nowadays... My name

I guess it's pretty neat. I can always read without any effort.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
SckizoBoy said:
Oh dear lord if I posted my handwriting on the internet it would instantly become a WMD based meme. I have the most ilegible script ever recorded... or not, because you can't really record anything I handwrite, it's s'damned messy.
TizzytheTormentor said:
I probably shouldn't, my writing is appalling...compared to other people, mine is pretty bad...and I STILL have better penmanship than some people in my class (theirs is unintelligible)
Do it! Do it!

Seriously what could go wrong?

klown

Jun 6, 2012
I'd show you mine, but I don't have a scanner. Most of my notes are written in a way only I can read it, because the organization only makes sense to me, and my doodles tend to be very important to the notes. So you could call it a mix of comic sans and wingdings.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
No scanner or tablet but if I can somehow get something on here I'll come back to it. Probably for the best, my handwriting is atrocious. Darn my heavy hand

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
mghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5585/scn0001q.jpg[/img]

Now this is a sample of my good handwriting, by which I mean I understand it. Unlike my other handwriting it's smaller. Now if you think this looks terrible, you should see my bad handwriting. It's almost impossible to decipher, though I knew a girl who could do it once it was the weirdest thing.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
khiliani said:
huh, a microbiologist, facinating...

my hand writing is terrible, always has been, and i gave up on cursive somewhere mid highschool. but even my normal writing is pretty much illegible people have to get me to translate my written notes or my comments on protocols and the like.
Right now I'm gainfully unemployed.

I'm surprised by the number of people here with tablets...who knew?
DugMachine said:
No scanner or tablet but if I can somehow get something on here I'll come back to it. Probably for the best, my handwriting is atrocious. Darn my heavy hand
Just take a picture of a piece of paper. I used my cellphone.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Well, you asked for it, and I apologise in advance:
[http://i.imgur.com/2cUh7.jpg?1]
[http://i.imgur.com/cavvQ.jpg?1]
The observant of you may notice something about those spoilers. That's what it looks like when I'm trying to be neat. My regular style is as follows:
[http://i.imgur.com/hKaU6.jpg?1]

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
I would love to be able to participate in this, but I lack the resources.

But just to give you an idea, in high school I was barred from handwriting assignments. And I graduated high school eleven years ago.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
"The Emporer" is my cursive writing when I'm trying to make it legible.
"the emporer" is my printing when I'm trying to make it legible.
The rest is how I usually write when I just don't care.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
In my infant school (ages 5 to 10/11) you wrote everything in pencil until you earned your pen through handwriting assessments. Usually this happened around year 3/year 4 (age 7/8)...I never actually earned my pen and at the start of year 6 they gave up and just handed me a pen.

Memories of so much classroom work ripped up by the classroom assistant. I'd hand it to her and she'd say that she couldn't read it, that I clearly wasn't trying, she'd rip it up and say "do it again".

The thing was...I really wasn't trying. I'm quite contrary and having my hard work ripped up and being told to do it over again made me try even less. My thinking ran along the lines of "if I'm being made to waste my time I may as well waste her time too".

My handwritting drastically improved on leaving infant school, it's still not what you'd call perfect in terms of uniform letter sizing but it's readable.

When writing notes for myself only it tends to revert to my old style.