What does your name mean?

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
I was just wondering what peoples names mean. eg. Emma means Apple etc...

Mines rather extensive: "God will judge the Viking Usurpa"

What's yours?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Quinton derives from Quintus meaning "the 5th", which is odd, cause I am the second born and first born son.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Michael apparently means "He Who is like God".
If I'm like God then religious people are in for a huge shock.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
My first name is Michael and is hebrew. Means "who is god like?"... Wait, I get a question mark! That pretty much means whoever came up with the meaning of my name was just making shit up, and made god like as a random suggestion.

God damn it...

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Ross is "headland, cape". A place name in Scotland. May also be derived from the Gaelic word for "red".

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Don't have a clue what my English name (Nicholas) means!

However, I know stuff about my other names...:

My middle name (David) is given to every eldest son of each generation, in honour of David Burns who was killed in action during the Great War.

My Japanese name (翔, Shô) was given so as I live like I'm "running across the sky" :p

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
My name is Patrick and most pages that I've looked on showed that it means nobleman.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Demon ID said:
God damn it...
I see what you did there.

OT: Jack apparently means "God is gracious". Aha......
EDIT: My middle name apparently means "Dark one"....cool.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Lets see... my real name means "Little King" I believe... and my username actually means "Ally" in... like, Albanian or something. I didn't actually find that out until I had been using this username for a few years.

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
My name either means, that I was "born into the light" or that I am from Lucania.

cynikles

Jul 10, 2010
Of Scotland. Really meaningful, I know. Particularly seeing as how my family is Irish.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Well, my name Tommy doesn't really anything. However,the name Tommy originated from the name Thomas, what means Twin.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
The Christ-bearer, which is strange because I'm not on very good terms with any of the Abrahamic religions except Judaism.

B2kCyclops

Apr 28, 2010
My first name is originated from "Helmwalt" wich was an advisor of a Thing(Governing assembly of germanic tribes).
My middle name means "the merciful".
So I'm "The merciful Advisor".
Sort of.... ;-)