What does your screen name mean?

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
Mine came from an old "Far Side" comic. There was an alien with a pet alien, and he was having the pet do tricks. One of them was "Xorph!" I liked the sound of it and it's what I've been using since.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
my alien race from spore I like the sound of it so I use it for pretty much everything

CactiComplex

Jan 22, 2011
Well... I like cacti a lot, and I'm interested in psychology. I had a conversation about the two with a friend who ended up saying I had a cacti complex. It just went from there.

captcha - problem berinspe (given the context, maybe trying to tell me something...)

spockface

Mar 28, 2011
My partner told me once that I do a mean Spock face. I was unreasonably amused, and adopted it as a default screenname.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
My name is something you don't want to hear behind you in an FPS. Unless you have a shotgun.
Which you always do, bastards.
But seriously, it's a battle cry and the noise that often accompanies something moving really fast.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Desi means local (or something like that) in Hindi. It's pretty much a slang term to refer to people of Indian/Pakistani heritage like myself. The prince part because I have royal blood so I kind of am a prince. As for X09: X marks the spot or in this case a year which is 09 and 09 was a great year because that was the year I finished highschool and started college and got some real freedom (along with responsibility of course but still I hated highschool)

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
NeutralDrow said:
A dark elf who falls in the middle of the "law vs. chaos" ethical scale.
So just think Moderate Republican? Y'know not as deadly as the Conservative sort but you still shouldn't turn your back on them since they still believe that those with the power and wealth (and general sneakiness) should rule the masses?

Actually I've only ever read of one Nuetral Drow and I thought your name was a reference to him....I think his initials were something like D. & D.

My own is because I wanted to use my real name, and am currently studying to be a math teacher and the reason I want to teach it is because I see it as neo-magic, Seven being a number symbolic of magic, I also have done a speech that compares the human being and mind to computers so I just fit all that into one name. It also happens to fit in with my love for Tron and belief in mathematical predeterminism and Foundationalism.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
mikev7.0 said:
NeutralDrow said:
A dark elf who falls in the middle of the "law vs. chaos" ethical scale.
So just think Moderate Republican? Y'know not as deadly as the Conservative sort but you still shouldn't turn your back on them since they still believe that those with the power and wealth (and general sneakiness) should rule the masses?
Nope. Nothing in my name about the <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29#Neutral_Good>moral axis of the alignment.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
Ensiferum is Latin for "Sword-bearer." It's also the name of one of the greatest folk metal bands of all time.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Whateveralot said:
Two semi-randomly chosen words that do and do not fit together at the same time. I like it. So should you.
Oh I do, I just think we need to find a way to get you knighted just for the funny! The avatar is good enough for now though.

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
It is Rosa Rubinigosa but I removed the Rosa in the beginning and it is a kind of rose that I like...and now I just realist that the English wikipedia page and the one I took the name from has different spelling...anyway it is meant to be the name of a flower.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_rubiginosa (<-- that one)

amppi1236

Jul 27, 2009
It's a name my best friend gave me when we were little. It's a small change from my actual name (Amos) also, the 1236 is the fastest thing I could write, and it stuck on to my other names.