What enemy have you felt bad about killing?

CrimsonRegret

Aug 27, 2009
I know it sounds stupid, and in nearly all video games you kill without thought. But recently I stuck a sore spot for the portal turrets. That final line, "I don't blame you..." really makes you think twice. Does anyone else have a hard time killing a certain enemy?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
The Engineers from ODST. They're innocent and yet I'm forced to shoot them so they don't get close enough to murder me.

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
Grunts in HALO. they would just run away with their squeaky little voices, and I would feel so bad after killing them that I would pistol-whip the corpse until the whole passageway was stained blue...

And I coudn't help but feel that some of those metrocops in Half Life 2 were just decent guys and gals doing the best they could in a world gone mad.

-=Spy=-

Jul 17, 2009
For some reason, I never kill Argonians in OBLIVION unless they attack me first. Fighters Guild, you shall stay second to BlackWater...

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Basically anything in Braid. Poor little rabbits with flowers on their heads.

Oh, and some of the bosses in castle crashers.

Other than that i'm merciless in my slaughters.

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
I have a hard time with killing crime bosses in GTA IV, I know it has its own plot and all, but I always saw more opportunity than just killing someone when someone else told you to do it.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
The Assassins in the Assassins Guild during a specific mission in Oblivion.

They treated my character pretty well but then I had to stab them in the backs because it was thought that ONE of them was a traitor and it turned out none of them were traitors.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
The first assassination in Hitman: Blood Money. The dude just had the worst bloody luck in the world, lost his business, his wife, his money, his reputation, his dignity, his little ferris-wheel model, his slut niece... and I had to kill him while he groveled in front of me.

Maybe it was putting him out of his misery, who knows.

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
shewolf51 said:
The Assassins in the Assassins Guild during a specific mission in Oblivion.

They treated my character pretty well but then I had to stab them in the backs because it was thought that ONE of them was a traitor and it turned out none of them were traitors.
Same for me.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Oblivion. Dark Brotherhood Quests.

All the Dark Brotherhood characters in Cheydinhal. They were easily the most fleshed out NPCs in the entire game. Plus, you know...I was their sister, and Vicente sired me, and Mraaj Daar had finally warmed up to me. And they were all innocent. I felt horrible. =(

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
In the second to last mission of Medal of Honor Frontline, there is a German in the small building that has the ladder that leads to the final mission. Said German happens to be on the radio with his wife telling her he'll be home soon and that he loves and misses her.

I could never bring myself to shoot him. I still managed to get a gold star though.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
I felt bad about killing Union soldiers in Call of Juarez: BiB, but it subsided when I got towards the end of the game.