What Era would you go back to?

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
So here's the story:

I Recently found a hat that makes me look like I belong in 1930s Great-Depression America, playing as a man named George; roaming from farm-to-farm to eventually reach a Life where I can live of the Fat atta' Land.

Anyway, this hat has got me listening to more Blues music, make me take up the Harmonica again and play my guitar more and make me wish I was back in 1930s America, or playing an Anarchistic Irishman in Nazi-occupied Paris.

So the question:

If you were to go back to a Place in a certain Era, what place would it be for you, and what time?

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
Well, if we're going by hats, I'd be going back to late 18th Century United States. Likely someplace in New England.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Well, seeing how this is the best era and I live in one of the safest and most comfortable places on the planet, I would choose to remain here.

I do have fantasies about going back to Yuan China to kick Kublai Khan in the groin for his spectacular stupidity in carrying out the invasion of Japan.

Finally, if I had to go back I suppose I would go with the leadership of Yugoslavia in the last years of Tito's reign and then try to turn things around.

Hollyosaur

Aug 21, 2010
I would love to have lived throught Roaring Twenties esp. in America :) That would be my dream!

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
I find I have a fondness for 5th century England always have since I was a kid. Maybe because I like the idea of battle & having attraction to bladed weapons...

To bring it more into perspective. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349683/

I love the Guinevere role in the movie King Arthur. That would be the best description of what I would be like then.

FeetOfClay

Dec 27, 2009
Why the blazes would I want to go back?! If I could go to the future, I'd jump at the opportunity, but I quite enjoy the medicine, education, entertainment, travel opportunities, food, central heating, running water, etc. that we have now, and would rather not loose them.

DeathsHands

Mar 22, 2010
FeetOfClay said:
Why the blazes would I want to go back?! If I could go to the future, I'd jump at the opportunity, but I quite enjoy the medicine, education, entertainment, travel opportunities, food, central heating, running water, etc. that we have now, and would rather not loose them.
Go back to... the... future... crap. Got nothing.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I misread the thread.

Mid/early ninities, California. So I can start a third wave ska band and achieve awesomeness by riding the third wave!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I like it here, thank you very much. Seeing the fifties, or the renaissance, or feudal Japan, or other magnificent things sound slightly tempting though.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
I would go back to Victorian London dressed as a woman and them when jack the ripper tries to attack, I'd knock him out cold. I'd be known as the person who captured Jack the Ripper.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
I study classics in school, and as fascinated as I am with ancient Greece, ancient Rome, and so many other eras as well, I wouldn't want to go back as myself. There's not a whole lot of opportunities for the average woman. My quality of life would be terrible which is a shame because there are so many interesting times. Maybe I'd do to a pre-agricultural time and be a hunter-gatherer.

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
I'm not sure I would. Given the choice, I'd far prefer to go forward. Failing that, I'd probably stay right here.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Id go back to the early 90s so I could make a mint with my knowledge of the future of tech and to have a chance to kick bush in the nuts before he became pres or governor, now Ill never get to him

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
I would love to have been born in the late 70s. I was young enough to experience some classic rock, I could experience the big video game boom in the mid 80s, and I could get into PC gaming when it was at its peak.