What ever happened to ...?

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Rollcage, Extreme G....basically any futuristic racer that is not Wipeout or F-Zero.

zaiggs

Sep 18, 2010
Shenmue and Shenmue 2 were flippin' awesome games. Controls weren't always ideal, but the story was more than intriguing enough to keep me playing it to the end. I would definitely play a sequel.

I too wonder about another Time Splitters game. I've only played the second and third, but the characters and the story (especially of the third) were really fun and entertaining. The part of the design for those games also reminded me of Goldeneye for 64. Maybe that was just me though...

LorChan

Jul 15, 2009
For some reason, I really want a Yanya Caballista City Skater sequel. That game was so. Fucking. Fun.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Dungeon Keeper. WHERE THE HELL DID IT GO!? One of the best games I've ever played,and it went poof,without a trace. Hey,Peter Moleynux (or however you spell it!),get the Bullfrog boys back together! March up to EA,and get your IP back!

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well a couple that I still remember:
- Republic Commando
- Jedi Knight
- Freelancer
- Homeworld
- Warcraft

For god sakes make more of these, they are awesome IP's just waiting to be made.
I know Warcraft is a "no way in hell" but I still like to dream.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Mr. Omega said:
What happened to Veiwtiful Joe? I'm sure Capcom would love to try and bring him back. He was awesome! Shame what happened to Clover, but he might get another chance one day. At least I hope so.
THIS.

Figures my favorite Capcom franchise is the one that DOESN'T get fifteen sequels/re-releases. I want a proper Viewtiful Joe 3, dammit! That Super Smash Bros. knock-off they released just didn't cut it for me.

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Breath of Fire and Chrono Trigger.

Breath of fire was full of win every game, then just kinda disappeared.

Chrono Trigger was one of the best games of any genre made, then They did Chrono Cross (which I personally didn'tlike, but apparently tons other did)

Both just vanished into the wind it seems. Used to like the final fantasy series up til they took things down the goofy path. Bring back BoF and more Chrono games so I can see what a good RPG is again!

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
I want the sequel 'Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land' and 'Mister Mosquito II' to STOP BEING A JAPANESE-ONLY RELEASE DAMMIT!!! I love those two games, but the sequels were only for Japan.

Other than that, I might be interested in a Fatal Frame IV, but I haven't heard anything. III was such a flash in the pan, I didn't even have a chance to buy it.

How about a reboot of the Balder's Gate series? Or at least make III.

Maybe Clock Tower IV? I enjoyed III, even without playing I and II. I was going to buy them, but damn, they're expensive as all getout on eBay.

Suikoden III I thought was supposed to have an immediate sequel, but I never saw it. Did it happen while I blinked or did they just dump the idea? It wasn't a bad game, but the storylines could get muddled pretty good if you weren't paying attention.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
jowo96 said:
Star Wars Republic Commando never got a sequel and that was an awesome game and Lucasarts hasn't made a decent game for ages now.
This.

The only one of those Tactical Games Ive ever liked...

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Euhan01 said:
Rouge squadron
I don't mean to jump your possible typo/lack of English-speaking skills, but I see this one so often that I have to point it out.

Rouge (pronounced /ˈruːʒ/; French: Red), also called blush, is a cosmetic typically used by women to redden the cheeks so as to provide a more youthful appearance, and to emphasize the cheekbones.

A rogue is a vagrant person who wanders from place to place. Like a drifter, a rogue is an independent person who rejects conventional rules of society in favor of following their own personal goals and values.

In modern English language, the term rogue is used pejoratively to describe a dishonest or unprincipled person whose behavior one disapproves of, but who is nonetheless likeable or attractive.[1]

I don't say this to shove it down your throat but I figure if we have words we may as well use them properly.

I played a little Time-splitters, I think it was the 1st one and I never really got into it, so I don't have much to add there.

Never played Rogue Squadron, but I've heard of it.

I could be mistaken but I think Valve probably is making part 3, though I've never been much of a Half Life fan.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Rednog said:
What happened to Conker? Conker's Bad Fur Day was absolutely amazing, and yet Rare has pretty much done nothing with him since then.
Same with Banjo, it's really odd that Microsoft purchased Rare and hasn't had them make a single platformer for them.

Kameo doesn't count because it was slated for the Gamecube because Microsoft picked them up.

Also Killer Instinct, I really don't know what Microsoft is thinking by sitting on these properties and doing nothing with them.

Lawbringer

Oct 7, 2009
I agree with the Dungeon Keeper lovers. There was a similar game released recently, but too focussed on sims-like happiness meters and not enough hero killing for my liking.

Oh, if Dungeon Keeper III could only be released I'd be a happy, happy man and could finally stop torturing puppies to relieve my emotional pain...