What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
He should have put "Food" on the first page. Then I would have bought the book. But it just seems horribly incomplete.

Pips

Nov 18, 2009
I know it's a joke, and a novelty item, but I'm still extraordinarily cross about this.

A BLANK book can not only get published but can get onto the bestseller list and make a huge amount of money, and yet I can't even get a publisher to look at my novels because the economy is bad and they don't want to take risks on unknown authors? Damn the publishing industry, then! This makes me as angry as Twilight...

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Har har har. Funny joke.

This one has been run into the ground everywhere else, but I guess this is probably the first attempt to sell a blank book that actually succeeded.

It's dumb and old, but I don't see any reason to let it get to me, or for anyone else to let it get to them either. I mean, here we troll and get trolled every day, this is pretty weak by comparison.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Me55enger said:
One word:

Foreplay.
This!

Seriously, though. I happen to be thinking about the finer points of whether a monkey could beat a squid in a sword fight.

In my mind, the squid has a scimitar in each tentacle, and the monkey has a rapier and is wearing a trilby.

Edit: Actually, fuck that, (don't, though, I'm still wrapped up in it!) What pisses me off is that it's hard enough for us real writers to distinguish ourselves when professor numb-nuts over here writes literally nothing as a joke, when the best I have so far is converting local folklore into a book of short stories. /rage

double edit: well yeah, obviously you could write in what you think about apart from sex, but really something like that belongs on the counter of WHSmiths as an impulse buy, or cheap joke gift. Not something that should be a best seller.

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
Me55enger said:
One word:

Foreplay.
Mmm....foreplay's nice. *thinks of it*

I think the book is a very fulfilling piece of informative knowledgegiver. It reminds me of the thesis I made about men's knowledge of women.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Personally I wish I had the idea first but alas, I was thinking of nothing at the time.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Wolfram01 said:
I guess this went over a lot of people's heads. The point is, it's a joke and men are supposed to have it, and then they write in it. Whatever they write would be whatever was going through their head. Get it? It's even called a "novelty item".

Geeze.
Fuck sake, had to get to the second page before someone with a brain connected to a sense of humour turned up.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Wade-DeadPool said:
Are... you... kidding me?
Yeah I think about sex, but.. that is like.. 5-6 % every day. The rest is work, learning new things, what should I eat tomorrow... I can write this for hours..
Yes, he is kidding you.
And it worked.

Xiorell

Jan 9, 2010
People are buying this for £4+ ?? It's not that funny, anyway the internet is full of better jokes.
And as a note book? Buy a normal one for 50p, use the rest of the money to buy more tins of beans. Dickheads

GreigKM

Dec 9, 2008
Oh my, This book is quite the juggernaut of sexism.
Ima go write a book called "What Women Think About" full of nothing but vacuums and shoes, or better yet, a book called "What Douchebags Think About Writing" filled with nothing but pictures of this book. Wonder if either will get as many orders...

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I like the idea of it being used as a notebook. Then when it's filled up it will be a book of what we're thinking about apart from sex, that is to, academic studies and probably doodles from when certain lessons get very boring.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Funny, because I'm a man and sex is something I could care less about. I'd write all sorts of things in this. I'd fill every page to the brim. So, for me, the book would work out nicely.
Edit:
GreigKM said:
Ima go write a book called "What Women Think About" full of nothing but vacuums and shoes....
The feminists would eat you alive and people in general would think you're an ass :p

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
GreigKM said:
Ima go write a book called "What Women Think About" full of nothing but vacuums and shoes, or better yet, a book called "What Douchebags Think About Writing" filled with nothing but pictures of this book. Wonder if either will get as many orders...
I would personally buy the one about "What douchebags think about" and make my friends buy it too.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
That's not true! I totally think about beer and bacon at times.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's often in conjunction with sex.

Don't ask.

On a more serious note, learn to take a joke, people.

michael87cn said:
I am always increasingly disturbed by how perverted the world is becoming (especially in Japan; used female undergarment vending machines...).
I'd say that's as much of a generalization as "all men think about is sex".