What Existing Story Would You Like to See as a Musical?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I was messing around on youtube today, and I rediscovered the legolambs [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpad81d4S1iUjbNxNAO8Qsg] channel (Which you should check out if you never have before). So, in the spirit of there videos, I ask you: What story would you like to see in musical format? Personally, I'm sold on Predator.

Obviously, you're not limited to 80's action films. What would you pay to go see, Escapist?

EDIT: Holy crap, there is a Predator musical. I need to get my ass to Chicago.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I would love to see a Big Trouble in Little China musical.

It can be grade A 80s hair metal cheese, and I would eat it up.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
The Protomen is probably the closest we'll get to a serious Mega Man musical already. On the other hand...

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
There needs to be a musical version of "Alien" from the perspective of Jones the Cat.

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
I'm going to go with Schindler's List just out of morbid curiosity. And before anyone says it wouldn't work I would like to remind the court that one of the most consistently popular musicals for the past few decades translates to the "The Miserables".

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Starship Troopers, 'cause I wanna see arachnids sing a horrifically elaborate song and dance number with fireworks, screaming humans being torn apart chorus, a romantic duet between a brain bug and a tanker... all in the alien screech. No english what so ever. Just five minutes straight of harmonizing "SCREEE!" with "OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME!" in the background.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Is there a musical for the movie Clue? And is it any good?
There is/was. There was even multiple endings!

mduncan50 said:
I'm going to go with Schindler's List just out of morbid curiosity. And before anyone says it wouldn't work I would like to remind the court that one of the most consistently popular musicals for the past few decades translates to the "The Miserables".

Act II: Have to link due to controversial content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8pyRpFSYnM&bpctr=1464308056

For songs from a primarily humorous channel, their pretty... well, good.

Dreph

Jun 27, 2015
Dawn of Justice.

No stay with me for a second. Can you imagine batman and superman sing about coming to terms with each other because of the name of their mother's name?

Just think about it for a second. Greatest musical number ever.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Batman v Superman obviously.
Superman at least will be more expressive than in actual movie.
Or better than the movie really...

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Dreph said:
Dawn of Justice.

No stay with me for a second. Can you imagine batman and superman sing about coming to terms with each other because of the name of their mother's name?

Oh my god. I imaging in the whole fight Superman singing for pleading Batman to stop but Batman in return just singing the whole time "I AM BATMAN!!!"

Jan 19, 2016
SweetShark said:
Dreph said:
Dawn of Justice.

Oh my god. I imaging in the whole fight Superman singing for pleading Batman to stop but Batman in return just singing the whole time "I AM BATMAN!!!"
Well. I'm sold.

As for my contribution - Happy Gilmore - The touching tale of a manchild overcoming his anger issues by achieving zen through the medium of golf.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Bilious Green said:
SweetShark said:
Dreph said:
Dawn of Justice.

Well. I'm sold.

As for my contribution - Happy Gilmore - The touching tale of a manchild overcoming his anger issues by achieving zen through the medium of golf.
I would love a singing moment about the nightmare Gilmore have. It would be glorious an terrifying at the same time.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
A Song of Fire & Ice: The Musical. Turn it into an actual song.

With Hodor doing a number of solo numbers, including 'Hodor', 'Hodor', the ever popular 'Hodor' and finally 'I must hold the door'

Can you imagine how awesome it would be to have the High Sparrow accuse Loras Tyrell of being gay with a campy song?

Imagine a dark and broody song by Jon Snow as he wines about everyone stabbing him, before falling over dead.

The red wedding would have to be done to the tune of Rains of Castamere.

Though it would be a very long musical to sit through all the way

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Do I dare say Star Wars (4-6)?

I mean imagine these scenes in musical form-

When Luke was looking at the suns at Tatooine or the cantina getting a musical number!

Yoda training Luke get a musical training montage in The Empire Strike Back.

The dull scenes with Luke and Palpatine talking inside the Death Star in Return of the Jedi.

I mean come on, they already made a steam punk comic and a Shakespare version of it so why not a musical? Maybe they would have alot of injuries like the Spiderman one?

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
SweetShark said:
Dreph said:
Dawn of Justice.

I'd pay to sit through that five times, if only to see just the Baperman* fight/duet:

[Superman] What are we doing, and why?
Luthor told me to fight you or my mother dies!

[Batman] I AM BATMAN!
[repeat Batmans' verse(?) after every Superman verse/stanza]
[duet/song lasts four mintues; add-lib suggested, but not required]

I'm sorry that my rhyhming skills aren't up to par, but that would literally make my day/night/whenever I'd decide to go see this wonderful brain-child of a musical.

* If no one can claim that as an appropriate mashup of both supers, it's mine now!

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Zeras said:
SweetShark said:
Dreph said:
Dawn of Justice.

I'd pay to sit through that five times, if only to see just the Baperman fight/duet:

[Superman] What are we doing, and why?
Luthor told me to fight you or my mother dies!
[Batman] I AM BATMAN!
On a different note, it seems a hero with the name Baperman exist:

Look cool.