What fictional universe would you want to live in?

The Event

Aug 16, 2012
The Star Trek universe.
Cornucopia technology, space & time travel, friendly aliens (ok, and a few unfriendly ones), holodecks.
There's just so much to explore.

GrimmjowPantera

Feb 8, 2008
Guffe said:
I'd love to go to any of the Naruto/DBZ/FMA/StarWars with magic powers and stuff, but then if that is genrated by random, only like 1% of everyone gets to be what they want, the rest are normal people who only die horribly by bad guys.

So if looking like that, as a few already said, Pokemon is also my answer.
Anyone can be a trainer and the risk of what I mentioned above is at a minial.
The potential for powers in the Dragon Ball universe is actually way above 1%. The actuality of having powers is less than 1%, but the potential is infinite. In DB, you can gain superpowers by practise and training. You can train so hard you can feel your ki, and once you can feel your ki, you can train to control it, and once you can control it you can fire ki-blasts, or put it around your body so you can fly, or create massive waves or cannons etc.

I would definitely wanna be in the Dragon Ball universe. I'm twenty now and a martial artist so it would probably take me twenty years of training more to get to the stage where I could control my ki because I haven't been training since I was a baby, but I would happily train any amount of time to be able to fly. Dude, flying.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Asclepion said:
Inb4 The Culture
Damn you, sir. Let's be honest though, this is really the only correct answer. It's more fun in the Culture, after all.

Other than that, the Hitchhiker's Guide universe would be... not fun exactly, because it's the most cruel and uncaring fictional universe this side of the Cthulhu Mythos, but at least living there would be funny. There's certainly no shortage of interesting places to visit, even if Ursa Minor Beta is supposed to be absolutely awful despite sounding quite lovely. Failing all else, you could just hang out at Milliways forever, I suppose.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
Anachronism said:
Damn you, sir. Let's be honest though, this is really the only correct answer. It's more fun in the Culture, after all.
It's more fun in the Culture. But I chose Eclipse Phase because, unlike the Culture, regular people can be important.

ExDeath730

Mar 13, 2012
Let me see...

The Mass Effect universe would be an awesome place, it is varied, space travel is common, and civilization thrive, it can be a really fun place to live.

Another world i would love to live in is the Forgotten Realms, Faerûn is a really interesting setting, and i would love to live there, the opportunity for adventures is unlimited and there is a little for everyone. I just would prefer to live in it before the 4th Ed.

Malconvoker

Nov 1, 2011
I would want to live in the pokemon universe because it is probably the least likely to kill me out of malevolence. I mean it is a world where humans live in a very eco-friendly environment, its mostly safe to travel on foot everywhere, the wilderness can be reasoned with, the science is cool, magic is basically real, you can have some of the truest companions in the form of pokemon companions and world ending catastrophes are regularly stopped by ten year olds. I would really want to train as a ranger to just be out and traveling with pokemon as friends and just seeing the awesome world. Lots of my ideas about why its awesome is because of the anime, which presented the world in the best light.

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
Since most fictional universes are pretty crap for most people not involved in plot lines, the only universe I could honestly say i would choose would be Star Trek. Basically a communist utopia! Even as a normal guy I could have a decent live compared to most other options.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
GrimmjowPantera said:
Guffe said:
Nothing interestingquote]

1% is BS
yeah, you're right.
The 1% was an exaggeration, I was mainly thinking about the human population, not too many can control, or know about Ki and its usage.

Then again if you become a Namekian or other race, were virtually anyone uses Ki and the basic powerlevel is aroun 5000 then I guess it's a different story, I was mainly aming at the human race and earth.

But you're 100% correct in your post.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Pokemon would be awesome. I'd have a pretty fun life being a Pokemon trainer, should be able to make a living quite easily. And of course Pokemon exist.

My other two would be Star Wars or Mass Effect. Star Wars doesn't have the world ending threat Mass Effect does, but the world is generally darker. With multiple criminal syndicates, slavery, and slums everywhere. Mass Effect seems to lack that and I could live on the Citadel, which would be awesome for me.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
Well pokemon because I get to animals fight each other without having to fear for the police.

Animal crossing as well I can simply take a mortgage and take forever to get around to paying it. And if i'm short on money I simply shake some trees until some falls out of it.