What films have you walked out of?

hyperhammy

Jan 4, 2010
clarissa said:
BGH122 said:
I shut off Scott Pilgrim vs The World within about 20 minutes. What godawful hipster shit that was; trying far, far too hard to represent the zeitgeist.
I think this movie was "kind of nice", but I had the impression that something was wrong. It made me feel ashamed for story for some reason, and at some moments I almost shift+deleted the file.
I think this Scott Pilgrim's attempt to "represent the zeitgeist" (that you said) is what is wrong about the movie. Maybe they overdid the band-game thing.
Anyway, thank you for your contribution.
Maybe you're just ashamed of the sort of nerdy sort of hippster story? I watched it with some non gamer friends and they had a blast! At first they wanted to leave because of the boring ass first scene in the kitchen, but the final half is just amazing! Nega-Scot? AWESOME!!!

hyperhammy

Jan 4, 2010
Swny Nerdgasm said:
I wanted to like Scott Pilgrim, but as soon as Michael Cera opened his mouth I left
You know part of the movie is about not having to like the character, since he's an asshole?

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
Lord_Beric said:
fullbleed said:
The only time ever was The Cook The Thief His Wife and Her Lover, most unpleasent film i've ever seen. The first scene involves Micheal Gambon smearing dog shit on a naked man and pissing on him. It doesn't get better from there, explict nudity abounds... with Helen Mirren. Vomiting on screen, naked people in a truck full of rotting meat. A wife nearly being raped infront of child was a point where I nearly walked out. The child is later tortured and stabbed in the stomach on screen... and thats where I walked out. I actually cried for about 20 minutes, no film has ever done that to me. Apparently theres a scene towards the end involving canibalism thats supposed to be as bad or worse, glad I walked out.
You know, if the movie made you cry that much... maybe that was the point of the experience in the first place. Theatre would be rather dull if it were nothing but comedy all the time. No one remembers ancient Greek comedies, but Greek tragedies are still studied, performed, and taught to this day. I mean, Oedipus Rex even has it's own complex named after it...
I'm not saying all films should be joyus and comedic. In fact the film could almost be redeemable, in terms of film making it's well shot, the sets are inventive and original, the score is good, the acting is great as well and Micheal Gambon plays the character with genuine malice.

It's just the content I found far too disturbing to sit through any longer.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
The Informant! remains the only film I've walked out of. Although I wish I would have walked out of The International and The American. What's with movies with "The" in front of them and being bad..? I'm scared that The Tourist will be like this, as well, even though it looks pretty good.

I wanted to walk out of Splice, too, but I'm glad I didn't. It turned into a horror-spoof comedy after a while and the movie is now a great inside joke with friends. "INSIIIIIIDE YOUUUUU!"

wickes666

Jun 26, 2010
the issue is i was watching it with my girlfriend, her best friend and her bf, who were all devout twilight fans likely to kill me at the first mention of "sparkle" so i booked it to preserve my life

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
Jonesy911 said:
BGH122 said:
I shut off Scott Pilgrim vs The World within about 20 minutes. What godawful hipster shit that was; trying far, far too hard to represent the zeitgeist.
"within 20 minutes"? What so you missed the ENTIRE point in the film?
I watched it because a friend had recommended it without saying too much about the plot, but within 20 minutes it just became pretty obvious that it was about teenage relationships, the worst kind of pastiche of Napoleon Dynamite's 'odd for the sake of being odd' characters with the gaping maw that existed in lieu of anything fresh or original filled by fancy camera work.

Sorry, but I did not approve. When a film makes you incandescent with rage after 20 minutes, you know it's probably not the film for you.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I almost walked out on The Clone Wars. And Transformers 2. And Alice in Wonderland. And Eragon. (actually, the first time we went to watch it, we somehow got Pursuit of Happyness Instead. MUCH BETTER MOVIE)

The only reason I stayed was because I'd feel bad for abandoning my friends, when it was my fault that we went to see the shitty movies in the first place. They stayed for me, I couldn't turn my back on them.

hihiyo72

Nov 30, 2010
I have never but I watched Twilight fell asleep in the first 20 min. And I did not choose to watch it, my friend made me watch it.

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
Last movie I walked away from was Moon. Honestly it was just really dull and way to much film school BS for my taste.

Bender Rodriguez

Sep 2, 2010
Blood Diamond...i could handle the violence no problem.

But it was unnecessary amounts of it, ended up seing something else.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Er... the Ring, the Transformers movie... something else, too, I forget. These days I cut out the middle-man and just don't go into the cinema. It's not worth it.

Paztug

Jun 7, 2010
When I was a little kid I made my mother walk out of Pocahontas. I have no memory of this film though, I should watch it to see if it was bad or if I was just a little idiot.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Walked out of Aeon Flux. Only film I have ever walked out on.

I was thrown out of the cinema during "Passion of The Christ" for laughing too much at the "demon" baby.

Humble85

Jun 6, 2010
Jumping_Over_Fences said:
We walked out of Funny People. We stayed for two hours, but could not take a minute more. I was expecting it to be funny for some reason, but that never happened.
Ditto, but with a rental. After half of the movie me and my then girlfriend decided that no, we didnt want to see the rest of that. Although we were aware that it wasnt going to be "funny" :D