What Final Fantasy Does the FF13 Director Want to Remake?

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Coming soon to a GameStop near you! The Game we've all been waiting for! FINAL FANTASY VII: Remade, a VIRTUALBOY EXCLUSIVE!

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
And by hilarious you mean the angry mob with fire and pitchfork that will be at SquareEnix's doorstep...wait that is hilarious XD

it'll certainly drive iPhone sales :D

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
IckleMissMayhem said:
Oh for gods' sake. STOPPIT! You're giving the rabid fan-crazies false hopes, and the rest of us a headache. The next (and currently only) thing I wanna hear from Squeenix is when they're getting their asses into gear and working on KH3.
Disney owns Marvel now...So, we could have Spiderman, Squall, and Mickey all in on game. If SE keeps the Disney partnership going.
Marvel... ech. I want a Toy Story or Monsters Inc. level! (I know, Pixar... but... please??

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
IckleMissMayhem said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
IckleMissMayhem said:
Oh for gods' sake. STOPPIT! You're giving the rabid fan-crazies false hopes, and the rest of us a headache. The next (and currently only) thing I wanna hear from Squeenix is when they're getting their asses into gear and working on KH3.
Disney owns Marvel now...So, we could have Spiderman, Squall, and Mickey all in on game. If SE keeps the Disney partnership going.
Marvel... ech. I want a Toy Story or Monsters Inc. level! (I know, Pixar... but... please??
Yes. Marvel would suck in KH3. I'm just saying...be careful what you wish for. You might not want KH3...

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Why can't they remake 9?! I want to see an update to that one. It was my favorite.

thepopeofatheism

Jul 14, 2008
Y'know... I'd love a graphical update, but I'd really rather not have the same combat system as FFXIII.

But seriously, think back to some of your favourite boss fights or summons. Now imagine if they looked like FFXIII.

That's right. Imagine it. Love it.

Change your pants.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
If your going to remake Final Fantasy games, needs to be Final Fantasy IV(The one with Cecil the Dark Knight) or Final Fantasy VI (The one with Terra and Kefka).

(For those who are numerically disinclined, like me)

cononking

Jun 16, 2009
Yawn!!! Why remake a classic one? If you have to remake, why not take an average FF, extract the elements that were good, discard the bad ones, and then use original thinking to improve the game. Or you could just make a brand new game (I'm aware that this has just been done with FF13 having arrived, but I just wanted to make a point). Leave the old classics alone, and use innovative thought to create new ones!

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Crap, you make a good point. If they did make KH3, I really hope they keep Marvel comic characters out of it. Don't get me wrong, I like Spiderman as much as the next comic nerd such as myself, but he and his Marvel friends just wouldn't fit in it.

But then again, it is Disney that owns Marvel, not the other way around. If Marvel for some reason asks if someone from their comics can appear in KH3, I'm sure Disney has the power to say no to them as they are their owners. Besides, I'm sure Square Enix would tell Disney no game would happen if Marvel got invovled.

Oh, as for FFVII. They'll make a remake of it for PS3 and the 360 someday. It's just a matter of when they'll do it. They're obviously trying to keep the hype focused on their other projects, and not a remake as big as FFVII that would focus everyone's attention to it only. Last but not least, I think Square Enix somehow believes they need to make the game's locations connected like how FFX, FFXII, and FFXIII are like. I don't think they want a return to a worldmap where you move your character about it. In my opinion, they should stick with the worldmap.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
However obsessed I am with Final Fantasy, especially VII - I really hope they don't remake it in a strange sort of way. Yes it would be epic to see them all and hear them all on such a grand scale but they've done SO much with the whole 'Compilation of FFVII' stuff that I fear it might be overkill. FFVII was perfect the way it was, it was and always will be my favourite game and that's kind of how I want to leave it rather than over-analyse a remake.

Nothankyou

Oct 26, 2009
I guessed that the answer would be unpredictable, I had hoped IX but alas :[
I loved FFVII but I'm not sure I want them to remake it.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
FF7 is the only one remaining with low res fonts and highlarryous proofreading errors (which got fixed, mostly, on the PC).

On the other hand, the fanboypocalypse that would inevitably erupt over how they spelled Aerith/s today would be terrible to behold.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Remake XIII but with fang as the main character, actually just release an audio tape (that's right I mean tape) of her talking. I love me some Aussie accent.