What full length games have you beaten in one sitting?

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
I search barred, the closest I found was the 12 hours or more thread.

This thread isn't necessarily for the WoW heads... ;)

So what games (single player or co-op) have you beaten in one sitting?

Last night, I played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for the first time, and beat it in... about 8 hours? I think. From between 2or4 in the afternoon to 10:10ish. Never played it before, but I have to say, it was really enjoyable.

Actually, on the topic of Uncharted: Is it just me, or does Nate come across as Indiana Croft?

[EDIT] Totally forgot, but I saw someone say Halo 3, and it reminded me (No idea why). I totally beat Gears of War (first one), on the hardest setting with a friend. We pretty much walked through it, until we got to that damned boss.

Fucking bats.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I want to say Bioshock but Id be lying. I played from start to killing Steinman, then the next time I played, I beat the game, at the same time completing all 1000G. Not true to your rules, but the closest Ive got.

No...wait, Halo 3 on Legendary with a friend and my brother. Randomly started it and finished it by about 2 or 3am.

Jul 22, 2009
I dont know if you would count halo ODST as full length, but i did that in one 7 hour sitting.
Thats the only one i can think of.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo ODST
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Devil May Cry 4
Left4Dead
Battle Field Bad Company
BioShock
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Many many more.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Portal will be mentioned a lot I can guarantee. It's also the only one I can think of because usually I stop myself playing a game for too long and come back to it later. It makes them last longer and is healthier for you.

iJosh said:
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo ODST
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Devil May Cry 4
Left4Dead
Battle Field Bad Company
BioShock
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5

Many many more.
Christ...

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
Machines Are Us said:
Portal will be mentioned a lot I can guarantee. It's also the only one I can think of because usually I stop myself playing a game for too long and come back to it later. It makes them last longer and is healthier for you.

iJosh said:
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo ODST
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Devil May Cry 4
Left4Dead
Battle Field Bad Company
BioShock
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5

Many many more.
Christ...
Eh?

It sucks having to be home sitting for a month while your parents are on vacation in Jamaica.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
iJosh said:
Machines Are Us said:

iJosh said:
Christ...
Eh?

It sucks having to be home sitting for a month while your parents are on vacation in Jamaica.
It's no criticism, I was just surprised at how many you have managed to get done, I just get bored if I play a game for too long. The only exception has been Fallout 3 as the hours flew by when I first got that, I was on there for 6 hours straight without even realising.

When it comes to games such as the above they mostly have co-op and as such I am limited by the time I have as well as my friends time so I have never managed to get any co-op game done in one go.

Trotgar

Sep 13, 2009
None. Yippee.

I always keep breaks and play 1-3 hours a day. plus I mostly play games that last for 20-40 hours. Try playing those in one sitting.

Or not, it could be quite bad for health.

EDIT: And I sometimes take breaks (for a few hours) and don't play that much because I get tired and a little drifted if I play really long and I have other things that I do and have to do, not because I'm a pussy.

Which I still am, of course.

Cilliandrew

Jul 10, 2009
The only game that i've ever played thru from start to finish in one sitting was "Mega Man II" on the Gameboy. It was our summer family trip. I can't remember if that was the time we drove out to Yellowstone or to Kentucky, but anyways, during that first full day of driving i beat the game easily.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
These days it's hard to either get a game that keeps my interest enough to finish it (hello every RPG for the last 8 years) or is long enough to last more than a few really serious play sessions.

My one-sitting games are usually FPS's.

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Wars
Dawn of War 2
Fallout 3 (no side-quests)
The Force Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4 (as much as you can ever really "beat" a fighting game...)
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Castlevania: Sympthony of The Night (One of the Best. Games. EVER.)

The list goes on, from 8-bit NES games to Current-gen XBOX 360 and PC games. Dawn of War 2 was actually depressingly short to play through =/

Edit to add

Portal
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 Episode 1 & 2 (both in the same day, sigh)

Now I suddenly have an urge to see if I can get my old PS2 to work soI can try to slam my way through Final Fantasy 7 again. I think my Fastest on that was mid-40-odd hours (with the majority of the materia, barring the Master series materia you get from... well... mastrting everything. Master Materia from Weapons is easy =p).

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Gears of War 2. Twice in two days.
I got it for my birthday, and my brother was over, so we just played until we completed it. The next day I went over to my mom's house, took the 360 and my other brother wanted to play it...so...we completed it. I felt dead afterward.

I usually get tired after one or two hours of playing a game and just stop, though.

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
Beyond Good And Evil and Eternal Darkness! That's it as pretty much all the games I play can't really be completed in one sitting.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
Machines Are Us said:
iJosh said:
Machines Are Us said:

iJosh said:
Christ...
Eh?

It's no criticism, I was just surprised at how many you have managed to get done, I just get bored if I play a game for too long. The only exception has been Fallout 3 as the hours flew by when I first got that, I was on there for 6 hours straight without even realising.

When it comes to games such as the above they mostly have co-op and as such I am limited by the time I have as well as my friends time so I have never managed to get any co-op game done in one go.
Well that's just it, Most of the games that I've beaten were always with a friend or cousin on Xbox live co-op games. Which is actually really fun because you are talking to someone you know and just playing for the hell of it.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Ganthrinor said:
Dawn of War 2
HOLY FUCK! How did you manage that one in ONE sitting?! I remember the amount of side-missions alone you needed to do in order to get the good equipment...

OT: I've beaten quite a few games in one sitting, but I can't recall most of them, probably...

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Prince of Persia (2008)
Halo 3
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
God of War
God of War II
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Battlefield: Bad Company
Soul Reaver 2

Can't think of any more right now...

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Fallout 3 - Main story. I've done this so many times and know so many of the shortcuts that I can now do the main storyline in a little over 2 hours if I just want the Power Armour and end-quest XP
Oblivion - Main story and all the guild quests
Dawn of War.
[PROTOTYPE]
GTA : San Andreas.
Saints Row 2

Also, I completed everything except the last mission for Brutal Legend in one sitting, does that count? I thought there was gonna be LOTS more and decided to go to bed. Imagine my dissapointment...

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Portal
CoD4
Guild Wars (that is, all the story missions)
Left 4 Dead
Half Life 2
Hl2 episodes 1 and 2
Fable
Monkey Island 1 and 2
Probably more

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I think the only games I've ever beaten in one sitting were on the original NES, like:

Ninja Turtles 2
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Contra
Super Mario Bros 1 and 2

I think that's about it... I guess my attention span got shorter or I got bored.

Koeryn said:
Actually, on the topic of Uncharted: Is it just me, or does Nate come across as Indiana Croft?
Yeah, one of my biggest complaints about Uncharted was that it was completely unoriginal. Good game play though and the second one looks fantastic.... just... not an ounce of originality in the entire game.