What game/book/movie made you sleep with the lights on?

phohouse

Mar 13, 2010
From the comments about the Exorcist, my vow to never watch it has grown even stronger. When i was about ten I was hanging around with some of my brothers friends. One of them went on my computer and changed my wallpaper to a picture of this bloody girl with her eyes rolled back. About an hour later I turned on my computer at around midnight and promptly shit my pants.

Skillock

Jun 12, 2011
The 1984 Nightmare on Elm Street. I was 12, and went to bed repeating the mantra "It's just a movie".

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
The advert for the films Slither(or at least I think it was called that). Thats right. I'm such a coward that the advertisement for a horror film terrified me. I'm not sure why but it just got inside my head.

Just to say though, I don't need to have seen scary films to become terrified. Sometimes my brain deecides to get stuck on spiders and horrific creature. This normally ends up happening as I am trying to go to sleep.
I hate my brain and I think it hates me.

Rsteffy

Oct 18, 2008
X-files, Stretch I believe was the title, the villain in the episode could stretch, and one scene was him going down a chimney of a house to attack the owner and eat his liver. In our family, we nicked name him the chimney man, he will be forever in our family tradition and the scariest monster out there.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
lovecraft came close. and I keep a flashlight in my car in case I ever get involved in a silent hill kind of scenario (I'm assuming my cell phone would work instead of a radio for detecting the things.)

4nthr4x

Jun 5, 2010
Book: "Vampier in de school" (Vampire in the School), I was terrified to go to bed for a week (<12 years old)

Game: RTCW, the 2nd chapter in the crypts scared me shitless. (maybe 15 years old) I just played the 1st chapter with regular soldier enemies over and over again. It took me a very long time to get through that game, brrr

Cybele

Jun 7, 2010
I have yet to read a book that scared me even in the slightest. As for movies stuff like The Ring and Grudge gave me a proper scare.
Games? Thief: Deadly Shadows, the cradle mission. Nuff said.

John Colder

May 21, 2011
well really scared i can`t say but i was absorped a while playing silent hill 4 the room.
it doesn`t get that much credit but if you`re into the story it can be quite chilling.
also SH 2,3 didn`t scare me that much really,i guess the room had a more supernatural and realism approach until the end ;)

HyRock

Jun 14, 2010
I know what you mean Skillock

Nightmare on Elm Street.. The original first one.. I was like max nine when I first saw it and Dang.. Light on for whole night plus I had to go to the toilet like every half an hour sinse there was smth seriousli wrong with my stomach.. And After that night I have never slept in that room in the house again.. For a few years I slept on the couch in the Living room.. after that I moved to our guest house..

"One two Freddy's comin' for you.
Three four better lock the door.
Five six grab the crusifix.
Seven eight better stay awake.
Nine Ten never sleep again."

caffineking

Apr 19, 2009
'Alien' scared me senseless. I remember watching it when it first came onto TV. Everyone else in the house was asleep and I turned every light on in the house when it had finished just so I could get back upstairs to bed!!!

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I saw a preview for Saw 4 a couple of years ago. I was 12.

THAT GOD DAMN PUPPET scared the shit out of me.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
Not a game book or movie, but when I was 10 I saw an episode of X-Files called "X-Cops". It was a crossover of Cops and X-Files and gave me this irrational fear of there being something hiding in my room and that would come out in the dark like a boogeyman.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
The Oddisey... It was so boring I fall sleep in my bedroom, with the lights still on.

MLChanges

Feb 26, 2011
The only thing like that I can ever recall being scared of was the movie "Gremlins". I could watch a Freddy or Jason movie with no problem but that one creeped me out, but hey I was like 5 at the time.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
Ocarina of Time, Hyrule Fields at night. I could not sleep for weeks after first hearing that wold howl and those skeletal evil drag themselves towards me!

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Pretty much every zombie movie (except Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland) that I have ever watched has given me nightmare, even when the movies weren't necessarily frightening (Resident Evil: Afterlife).