What game do you want to see on the Wii U?

jibjab963

Sep 16, 2008
Nintendo diffidently has the hardware to do some pretty cool things when it comes to the Wii U but they just aren't doing it. With the superior graphics and the Wii pad I would love to see a more advanced version of Pokemon Snap. The Wii U pad would make an amazing camera and they could do so much more with it then they did with the N64 version.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Fallout would be cool, having the tablet being the pip-boy!
That's that thing that I've said in a couple of other threads.

---

I'd like to see a Wii U version of GTA V and Saint's Row 4. Saint's Row was on its way to the 3DS after all so there's definite interest there. Also the PDA-style menu from 3 can easily carry over and be applied to the Game Pad.

As for more Nintendo-focused franchises, I think using the Gamepad as a sort of dowsing system in Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon would be interesting. It could take on a sort of radar screen and when you tap it, you see resources that can be dug out of the ground. It could also be used in the fishing portions of those two games to find fish etc. Then there's Cooking Mama where the applications of the game pad should be obvious: stirring, whisking, turning over Takoyaki...

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Finalfsntasy or a SMT game would seal the deal for me. Give me either or and i will rush out and buy a WiiU right now. If not , a good selection of jrpgs will make me buy one . But i'm going to wait . Fool me once shame on you , fool me twice , shame on me . Nintendo , i'm watching you like a HAWK.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
[HEADING=2]Pokémon![/HEADING]
I think I speak for everyone when I say a Pokemon game should be made for the system.

I would also like a new Shin Megami Tensei game, use the Wii-U tablet as the comp to summon demons and other such things while all action takes place in the top screen!

If they do this, they must make it work with the GamePad and the Pro Controller at once. Make a strap accessory that lets you attach the GamePad to your arm so that the tablet can be an actual Pip-Boy while the controller works the game proper!

[sub]Also I've lost interest in Pokemon, so don't speak for me. :{[/sub]

I don't have any preferences for a specific game, I just want to see games that don't intrusively shove their motion/touch controls in your face simply because they're available. In some cases, less really is more.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I'd love to see a DS/3DS player, in the same way that they had the GBA Player for the Gamecube that allowed you to played Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games, with the Gamepad being able to be used as both the controller and also to act as the touch screen that the DS has.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
I think I speak for everyone when I say a Pokemon game should be made for the system.
I second this, I remember pokemon colesseum for the gamecube, and that incredible. The closest we got to a console pokemon game.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
I'm waiting for that new Super Smash Bros. title that was kinda-sorta announced. That and the return of Link being left-handed. I'd also like to see a game taking a page from Sonic Generations and Epic Mickey in which Mario embarks on a journey through time as Jumpman attempts to undo his past.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Watch Dogs, actually. I'd still probably get it on the PC, but that controller is perfectly suited for hacking and information-gathering, and would greatly increase my interest in the console.

Other than that, a fully-fleshed out Pokemon game that includes all of the regions they've created would still be incredibly nice. They just keep adding more and more, though...

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
All I really want is a New 3D Mario game that is more like "Super Mario 64". I already own the WiiU, and it certainly is awesome, but it needs an Official Mario game. I'm really hoping it's not Mario Galaxy 3 though, I don't want them stuck in the galaxy.

Also, Mr. Iwata of Nintendo will reveal new games for the WiiU via Nintendo Direct [http://wiiudaily.com/2013/01/nintendo-will-reveal-new-games-in-tomorrows-nintendo-direct/]. I'm excited to see what's in store...

SerithVC

Dec 23, 2011
dark souls 2, pso2, a fantay game where one person designs dungeons and such and th other players hav to beat the monsters and what not (yes basically a D&D/Pathfinder game for it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:

I would also like a new Shin Megami Tensei game, use the Wii-U tablet as the comp to summon demons and other such things while all action takes place in the top screen!

Pretty much all of this.

I would also like to see a new Mario game that actually offers something remotely new. Super Mario Galaxy was good, but we have two Galaxy games now, abandon that for now.
Mario Party has been suffering a lot for the last 4-5 releases, but the Wii U seems a perfect candidate for a Mario Party game.
Having a stealth game where the pad could show maps or something could be cool if done right,
Also I wish there would come a Monster Hunter game for it. It would be especially awesome if this was going to be released in late March, but I guess that's just me being a dreamer.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'd like to see a new Metroid Prime (or a new series that is still FPS) game that uses the controller for scanning.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Star Fox. We haven't had a brand-new installment since 2006(NO THAT REMAKE DOESN'T COUNT!) and I'd really love to see what Fox and the crew are up to these days. Combine Star Fox 64's branching levels and overall expansiveness with a refined version of Star Fox Assault's multi-tiered gameplay, and you have a recipe for complete and utter win. Also, Star Fox Assault's orchestrated score fit well into Nintendo's current running theme of orchestrating scores for its big-name titles, and I'd love to see more of the series' themes handled by a full symphony.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Assassin Xaero said:
I'd like to see a new Metroid Prime (or a new series that is still FPS) game that uses the controller for scanning.
Metroid Prime is not an FPS. It's in first person, and there's shooting, but nowhere near enough for it to be considered an FPS, much like you wouldn't call Grand Theft Auto a racing series. The same applies to titles like The Elder Scrolls and Mirror's Edge.
an annoyed writer said:
Star Fox. We haven't had a brand-new installment since 2006(NO THAT REMAKE DOESN'T COUNT!) and I'd really love to see what Fox and the crew are up to these days. Combine Star Fox 64's branching levels and overall expansiveness with a refined version of Star Fox Assault's multi-tiered gameplay, and you have a recipe for complete and utter win. Also, Star Fox Assault's orchestrated score fit well into Nintendo's current running theme of orchestrating scores for its big-name titles, and I'd love to see more of the series' themes handled by a full symphony.
Someone else likes Starfox Assault? YES!

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
I haven't bought a WiiU yet, I plan to get one in a years time after a price drop, but when I finally jump onboard I'll be happy with any oldschool MP scene, 2D brawlers, run and gunners, Anarchy Reigns type games all those oldshool games on XBLA that don't sell and no-one plays.

Sin & Punishment 3 and a couple of new lightgun games would be cool too.

Oh and that WipeOut clone oh whazzits name :p