What game endings have appealed to you?

xDarkspawnx

May 14, 2011
I was recently playing infamous and thought that the ending while sequel bait, was still very substantial. So I ask you, what endings in a game have appealed to you and why?

Also first post so yeah. Hooray I guess.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
congrats. Bioshock was great, then they said hey lets spin money on this game. MGS3 was the only MGS I liked.

Medallish

Jan 12, 2009
One that blew my mind recently was Red Dead Redemption, one of the best endings I've experienced in a game, especially if you didn't expect it.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
SotC. The ending was really awesome, partly because of the interactivity. It made me cry, too.

MetalMaz

Jan 12, 2011
Dirge of Cerberus. Brilliant ending, although it got my hopes up for a sequel with the not-so-hidden 'hidden' ending.

Randomspike

Pinball Wizard
Oct 12, 2010
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, it was nice seeing what happened to all of the characters that you meet throughout the game.

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned. Great ending in my opinion, manly tears were shed.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Halo Reach. It was a fitting end to Bungie's involvement with the franchise they created. To be honest, I wish Microsoft would just let the series end with Reach because of its satisfying conclusion.

The Neverhood Chronicles also had a great ending (the good ending, that is).

And who could forget the climactic end to KOTOR?
Wait...what?

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I've given the same answers in a topic about "best endings," or something like that, but here we go:

Planescape: Torment - probably the only game ending that ever moved me.

Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines - for the whole game, you're looking for a thing called the Ankaran Sarcophagus, while people keep telling you not to open it [http://lparchive.org/Vampire-The-Masquerade-Bloodlines/Update%2071/vamp2204008.JPG]. Well, there are a few options in the end but the most appealing, of course, is to look inside the damned thing. I will say no more.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - an obvious sequel tease, but a well executed one. Although I'd played Defiance first, so I already knew how it would play out (and it made much more sense now).

Portal - that one's pretty obvious, isn't it?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
KOTOR's good ending was pretty damn good, it felt like a perfect Star Wars ending.

Also, yeah Portal 2. That was great.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I agree with you OP. I liked the good inFamous ending better. Cole's fear of failing the people and his loneliness struck a cord with me.

MGS4's ending is probably my favorite. Too many reasons to list though. SNAKE!!!!!!

xDarkspawnx

May 14, 2011
Wow.Didn't prepare for such a huge response. Haven't played most of those games so ill reply to those i have played. Portal 2 had a great ending.Halo Reach was pretty good.SotC was unforgettable and tearbringing.MGS3 was an ending that i felt was a bit rushed but I didn't really like that game and as for Bioshock the good ending was good. Bad ending was just a tad more entertaining to me.Heh never replyin like this again.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Terranigma, son! Ending got me all choked up. More people need to play that game, I tell you. Also, Deadly Premonition, Nier, Xenogears and FF7+X. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, though.

plugav said:
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - an obvious sequel tease, but a well executed one. Although I'd played Defiance first, so I already knew how it would play out (and it made much more sense now).
Hmm. I thought Defiance had a better ending. Then again, I'd played the entire series from the start, so that ending had a magnificent feeling of completion to it when everything came full circle after about a decade. God, I love the LoK series.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
On principal, I'm not a fan of sequel-bait endings. Modern Warfare 2 and Crysis immediately come to mind.

On that note:

Two games which I thought had great endings were COD4 and Mechwarrior 3.