What game genre are YOU in?

Servallier

Jun 17, 2011
So here's the scenario
You've been dropped into the magical world of videogames, you have one chance, AND ONLY ONE, to choose which genre you've landed in. What genre is it?
For bonus points, what do you look like in this game world, and how do you play

In my case, it'd be some form of sci-fi third-person malarky with DMC-style controls. Slap on some futuristic eyewear, a long coat, and release me onto the hordes of amusingly squishy aliens that i'm about to make extremely open minded...by opening their skulls...with bullets
also, some form of future melee weapon would be nice, a vibro-blade or something with a monomolecular edge, none of that lightsaber bollocks

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Medieval Hack and Slash Open World RPG.
Me, a Dwarf with a magnificent beard and a huge axe clad in heavy plate mail.
What can I say, I like hitting things with big sticks, simple but makes me happy.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Probably a similar game to Dead or Alive Volleyball or a dating sim (JK). Well ok my would be something like a 3rd person rpg type of game (haven't decided on fantasy or sci fi or maybe both) with LOT of customization.

Jan 27, 2011
I am now in an RPG, or a Tactical RPG.

In fact, if I can choose the game I get sucked into...Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. LOVE that world.

And I'd look pretty much like I do now. I'd probably aim to become a Sage (not too squishy, and has tons of versatile spells, from "revive and heal an area" to "NUKE THAT GUY WITH FLARE!")

:) Can I bring my GF along too?

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Hack and Slash its just so amusing to take dozens of enemies at the same time and utterly destroying them. That is also the reason I cant wait for Diablo 3.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
RockBand 3. Think about it. You'd be a rockstar that spends all of their time rockin' out to their favorite songs, and gaining millions of fans.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
A cute jrpg, where Im not the "silent hero" but actually have some form of characterization. Though Id probably end up being the healer... Huh

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Get dropped in Sims, live life as planned.

But really an open world western RPG, something along the lines of Elder Scrolls. I would look like I do but in robes, and would be a mage.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
I would love to be in a survival horror so long as I was the main character. Being the "best friend" or token blonde slut would suck....

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I am now in a Total War game... as one of the characters (rather be a general than an agent).

Yay... cannon fire, hoplite phalanxes, samurai. Bring it!

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
A Western RPG like the Elder Scrolls where I'd end up trying to be a charismatic and influential gentleman, preferably with some sort of rapier or duelling sword. I'd try and set up some sort of black-market and become a fence after I'd established enough wealth (through theft and blackmail, fraud and 'favours') to pop myself on top of a small group of thieves. I'd try not to harm others, but sometimes it'd be necessary.

That or I'd go on Minecraft, dig a hole and shit myself thin until a Creeper puts me out of my misery.

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
I think I would be a white college student with glasses and long hair in a life simulator like the Sims, going through every day doing the same stuff in boring repetition. Wait a sec....

Real answer? I think I would like something like WoW (I know, I'm a nerd). It would be sweet to be an undead warlock that curses people and watches them die slowly, or a shaman so that I could heal and bring my friends and family back to life if something happened to them.

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
Skyrim, i devote all my waking hours into magical studies and then get someone to build me a tower. Fireballs for the masses.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
either fantasy JRPG (like FF3 or 9's world) or an Alternate-Reality-Post-Apocalyptic-First-Person-RPG. (ARPAFPRPG for short :p )

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
I'd love to be in the Fallout universe. Specifically, New Vegas. And if I can choose exactly what I am, I wanna be a robot dog.