What game got you into gaming?

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Tiberian Sun was the real kicker for me. I'd played bits of Red Alert and it'd grabbed me a little, but then that came out and I was hooked for life.

MrGseff

Jun 10, 2009
It was either Sonic the Hedgehog on Megadrive or Super Mario Bros 3 on NES... can't remember what I played first

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
The Sonic trilogy and a game where you flew around in a helicopter picking up people and crates and stuff if I remember correctly. Desert something

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
The first game that I remember playing much was Spyro the Dragon on the PS1. Then Crash Bandicoot and the later Spyro games that were still done by Insomniac. I think I went through the same pokemon phase as everyone else at about 6 too.
I also played the first halo game when I was... 8? That was probably the game that really got me into gaming. I thought it was awesome.

Apocalyptore

Mar 28, 2011
Age five (or so), at my uncle Richard's trailer visiting with my mom; no other kids, no cartoons, no playground, no nothing. Only a Sega Saturn, my mom's back turned, and one game to play:
Mortal Kombat II.
Thank you uncle Richard.

ChaplainOmega

Aug 18, 2010
Star Fox 64, and Mario Kart 64 were my first games ever, so they get some credit. It was Star Wars: KOTOR though that got me serious about it. Been a huge Bioware fan ever since :)

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Spyro is what I first really played a lot, but it was Ratchet & Clank that got me serious about gaming~

-Tho I played games before spyro, I don't think I ever got all that into them

Andrew Giarrusso

Mar 6, 2012
Banjo kazooie, but since Rareware is dead i moved on to Bethesda as my dream company.I loved banjo kazooie because of how fun it was.I still consider it one of the greatest games i have ever played.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
The fist game I was ever hooked on was Little Big Adventure 2

Just look at the draw distance... to be honest though, the draw distance being like that really made the island feel a lot bigger than it was! :p

Great story, and great fun! I really love that game still! (Yes... i re-bought it on GOG.com!)

This made me want to get a console (I was young and was only allowed on the PC for short bursts at the time... also more people needed to use the PC!) so I asked for a PS1 with Spyro the Dragon for Christmas! What an aweseome game that was! It lasted me ages... and I eventually completed it! Great stuff...

Credit still goes to LBA though! That was what kicked off my gaming career!

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
the first game i ever got was Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage. it wasn't the first one i had played, but the first one i owned...along side my brother. the first games i played were the first two spiderman games for the ps1, the crash bandicoot games, and the spyro games. and a demo disc with medievil on it and some squaresoft game about a samurai i think. thank you distant relatives! you have inspired my passion today!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Peer Pressure.

>.>

I started playing with a second hand Odyssey 2, but I think Zelda really hooked me. However, Mario was the game I played all the time. With friends, when alone, and even just trying to beat my high score.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Super Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot 2, Spyro 2, Pandemonium, Croc, Rayman. Platformers, both 2D and 3D are why I started up. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 was the first step to super hardcore though; found IGN, kept up with the news, realised IGN was full of ads, bullshit and was overall clunky before settling down at Joystiq.com

lunam-kardas

Jul 21, 2011
The very first videogame I was exposed to was FF7 when my father bought it and a PS1. After that I grew up on Pokemon, Spyro, and DIG.

adamtm

Aug 22, 2010
Arkanoid, for ZX Spectrum, though not until Prince Of Persia 1 on Amstrad did i consider it a serious hobby.

kennripper

Nov 9, 2006
Classic Doom, when I was 5. I remember playing coop with my father, him always complaining about friendly fire...

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
This is my earliest game I can remember playing, my brother never let me play his pokemon until he a year after Gold and Silver. This game IS the greatest Star Wars video game, and I thank it because it got me to play more video games, to the point where I hate going outside...