What game got you into gaming?

Elgnirp100

Jan 18, 2012
My first ever game was Pokemon Yellow...
My first ever console game was Spyro: Year of the Dragon...
But what really got me into gaming was my first ever PS2 game: Ratchet and Clank. Such an awesome game (HD Collection FTW!!)

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
The first game I ever played was Pokemon Red, and then a few months after that started my cousin showed me this great game called World of Warcraft. I guess Pokemon got me in, but I don't think I'd be half the nerd I am now without WoW.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Hmm, not sure if it is what got me into gaming but I remember playing this old Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers game on one of those really old dos only PCs. Back before GUIs were common. I could never talk my parents into getting a gaming console or anything but I eventually talked them into getting me a Game Gear and an original Playstation. Fun times those were.

TheOneMavado

Jul 3, 2011
The Adventures of Captain Comic [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Comic]. First game I ever bought...

KyleXYZ

Sep 18, 2011
Sega Master System with Thunder Blade, Hang-On and Safari Hunt. It was cool, but when my brother brought home an NES with Mario 3, my mind was officially blown. A few weeks later he told me to pack it up, took it away, and returned with a SNES: Mario World was astounding... Then I played Street Fighter II, Darius Twin and Peacekeepers. Good intro, real good introduction.

Shoutouts to OKAMI!!

TL;DR Super Mario Bros. 3

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
I always played demo discs on my older brother's PS when I was around 5 and I had been watching him play since I was around 3. There was one demo disc that I played all the time and I finished the demos on it so many times. I remember it had Spyro and Tombi on it. They were the most amazing games.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
My first real game was the original "Sonic the Hedgehog" on the Mega Drive, thanks to my brother (even though he's a lazy dick).

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Truman Soutar said:
I had an original Nintendo. You know, the gray box with the red lettering that looks like it should contain nuclear secrets.
Man, I missed out on that. I had a SNES, with the purple sliders on the top. My brother broke it, though. -_-

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Thinking back to the days of playing my first games with my childhood friends. I barely remember all of the, but Jazz Jackrabbit, Commander Keen and Doom, and later Blood, were my first. There were some other titles I can't remember the names of.

Good times. Really good times.

johnboy424

Apr 25, 2011
The first games that I remember playing extensively are Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros., and Ocarina of time. However, I wasn't very serious about gaming until this generation.

Magnicon

Nov 25, 2011
We had a system that predated Atari. Some incredibly simple thing with built in games. I sold it a couple years ago and the store owner had no idea what it was, and couldn't find any record of it.

Then I had like 250 Atari games.

First specific game I remember is Final Fantasy 1.

Then I played Descent, and eventually became PC only. (only played consoles after this for Final Fantasy games, and don't do that anymore)

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
My interest was piqued when I watched a friend playing System Shock 2, some Lara Croft game or other and a Star Trek: Voyager game as a kid. Another friend and I used to play games when I visited her house. I remember KKnD and some educational thing about digging up different dinosaur bones and then bringing the dinosaurs back to life.

Once my family finally got a laptop I spent WAY too long playing Mary King's Riding Star (I was a pre-teen girl who liked ponies, ok?!) My parents really aren't keen on video games, so I couldn't get into real gaming properly until I turned 18 and they stopped having a say in how I spent my money.

The first game I played properly and really got into was WoW, for my sins.

EDIT: I lie, I completely forgot about non-PC games. The first game I played properly was Pokemon Red on a Gameboy Colour borrowed from a friend at primary school. This was such a seminal moment in my life that last year I finally bought both the game and the console for myself :p

kyle_silver

Oct 4, 2011
For me.. While Halo was the first actual Modern games I played, it was Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth that made me love Video games...

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
Pepsi man

oh wait let me rephrase that.

PEPSI MAAAAAAAAN !! *hums the theme*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfV8q9rkq0k