What game got you into gaming?

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Noelveiga said:
Lucem712 said:
Noelveiga said:
Oooh, we are doing one of those in which nobody ever reads anybody else's posts?
I've read about 90% of the posts and just 'cos there isn't a whole lot of quoting, doesn't mean people aren't reading. [Though, I might not count since it's my thread and all :O ]
You may not count.

For the sake of polling, I'll tell you I haven't read a single post other than this and my own.

So 50/50 split there for the moment :)
Another user said that'd read on the posts :p I think they tried to quote you but didn't close the
, so it didn't go through :p

(I also many not count cos when I venture into threads, if it's interesting enough, I'll read allllll the posts haha)

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Well, being a normal kid in the "noughties" (damn I hate that word), I played a large variety of games; Pokemon, Mario, Ratchet and Clank etc.

What made me become what people would call a gamer nowadays? I'd have to say good ol' Oblivion. I played that game to death and it was the first non-kiddie game I got seriously hooked on. Ended up playing 200+ hours and getting to the max level, doing all the quests I could find and playing through all DLC.

Nowadays I wouldn't call myself a gamer, what with no good games coming out recently (in my opinion) but around Christmas I was averaging 7-8 hours a day at the weekends. I know I've gone way off-subject but yeah, some useless info for you.

WiccaVamp

Jun 26, 2009
I've played games before this one, but I didn't really develop a love for them till Chrono Trigger. The story and fighting style, all of the options, and concepts just really made me love the game and definitely turned me into a RPG gamer. I do love other types of games now as well, but RPGs will probably always be my favorite type of games.

IMGF

Mar 15, 2012
Thomas the Tank Engine for the SNES. No, seriously, that was the first game I played as a kid.

In reality though, while I had been exposed to video games and played them all throughout the NES and SNES lifespans, the first game that really made me sit down and tell myself, "Hey, these video games can be good. You should ruin the rest of your life with them play more of these and pay attention to what they're telling you," was Ocarina of Time. Yeah, yeah, cliche.

But I was a kid. I had fun with it. And the game is still incredibly good, even to this day. I loved the puzzles, loved the action and loved the visuals. (N64 was still new) Everything about OoT engrossed me and I can confidently say that it was because of that game that I went out and proceeded to play every game that I could get my hands on see if anything else could give me that awestruck feeling again.

And I found out a lot of games did.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
My memory is really hazy, but I'm certain Crash Bandicoot had something to do with it.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
The original mario was probably the first game I played, but I didn't get really into gaming until a friend lent me his copy of Super Mario RPG. I've been a gamer ever since (and still friends with the guy who lent it to me).

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Always liked gaming, just for simple fun though, till I played Super Metroid. That was the game that showed me it can be so much more. I learnt about the power of atmosphere, one of the few things I believe games can do better than all other entertainment.

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Well Command & Conquer was the first big one but I have to put my money ultimately on Baldur's Gate as the game that showed me gaming was more than simply a time killer.

[youtube=8Kmmggc6jH8

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Well the first game I ever played was Wolfenstein in a auto shop; but what really got me wanting to play video games was Donkey Kong Country. I don't know why I just really liked all the fun imaginative enemies and playing the game. Though I was god awful at it. Took me forever to actually become proficient at jumping on a Kremlins head and to remember not to mess with Clump when playing as Diddy.
And that pretty much did it. I was craving a Super Nentendo after that.