What Game Had The Best Overall Bosses?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I searched this and nothing came up similar.

So, what game in your opinion had the best bosses as a whole. What game would you say never had a lackluster boss fight (or had the least amount of poor bosses)?

I don't mean what game boss was the best, but take the game's bosses as a whole and rate them that way.

Personally, I'd say Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

While that game is my least favorite in the series, one thing it didn't hold back on was the bosses. Each one was fun, engaging, and on occasion, down right terrifying. Plus, the music for all of them was probably the best for any bosses in the series.

Oh and one game I forgot:

Demon's Souls

Now that game had some kickass bosses.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
I'd say God of War but I can barely remember any of them... Crash Bandicoot Warped?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I enjoyed every boss fight in that game, with some of them requiring thinking to beat, while others just require you to be better in combat.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
LoZ Ocarina of Time and LoZ Twilight Princess. I will also have to add God of War, Contra and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Oh and No More Heroes as well.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Ninja Gaiden(xbox). I would say that Ninja Gaiden tops the list because every last one of the bosses were hard as hell, I mean damn the first boss was a pain in the ass for me to kill.

Random Assassin

May 11, 2010
I had to think on this one for a bit. I think it is Devil May Cry 4. I had so much fun with the bosses in that game.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Castle Crashers has some awesome boss battles, one of them is against an ear of corn. There are a lot of other weird bosses like a dragon with a sock puppet.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
inb4ShadowoftheColossus

Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a game take that same key concept of killing a boss and making each boss battle so unique.

Edit: Also, Demon's Souls. I don't think I've ever had my heart race like it has fighting the bosses in the game. You know they're going to be tough, you don't know how to fight them, and you know that if you screw up you're back to the beginning of the level. Plus the music helps too.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, basically I loved every boss battle in the game, hell I love that game.....except for Tingle

matthias5770

May 11, 2010
First of all, as far as the OP goes, LoZ: TP had the easiest bosses out of every Zelda game I'm ever played. So no, the bosses in that game were fail.

In reply, go back to the N64. LoZ: OoT had great bosses THAT WERE ACTUALLY KINDA CHALLENGING. How annoying is it to shoot something moving around while getting thrown in the air or into acid? Much harder than "pull out new weapon, point at boss, target boss, use, spam b, repeat". Even if OoT did this, at least it tried to make it require some brains and skill. Windwaker also had boss fights that were kinda hard, yet still fun. And pretty catchy music to boot.
Other than that, probably FFXII (the non-story bosses and quests are actually kinda hard, and I actually needed micromanagement for some of the tougher ones, or to throw out my usual strategy and make up a new one *cough cough Zeromus*) and PoP: The Two thrones. Kinda zelda-y with some button time sequences (meh) thrown in.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Bayonetta, hands down for me. Every boss fight in that game was like snorting powdered nostalgia. Every one of them reminded me of the epic action figure battles I played out as a child.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
Oh man, its a 3 way tie between Metroid Prime, LoZ:OoT, and Fire Emblem.
I second OoT, except for the water emblem mini-boss (the squid thingy) and the forest main boss (the fake gannondorf). Cool ideas though.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I think that Baldur's Gate II and Dragon Age had some rather good boss battles, But I like the idea and story behind those fights more than the fights themselves, which I don't think is what you meant.
Gears of War 2 maybe?

The King of Rock and Roll said:
Halo 1 had some pretty epic boss fights.
Ha!