what game has stolen the most time whilst you were actually doing nothing in the game

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Aren't you able to earn cash while not even playing the game as well?
And where exactly do you get the money to buy the businesses to do that, hmm?
Yeah, the mini-games.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus.

"Run, Agro, run!"

"Jump, Agro, jump!"

"Run, Agro, run!"

"FOIHEJFOH STOP HITTING TREES, AGRO. >:["

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
either OoT, or Pokemon come really close

but mischeif makers will always have a place in my heart for time wasting.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
I don't think any game fits this topic better than garry's mod, unless you play multiplayer or if you want to make machinma you'll most likely be in GM construct dicking around with explosive barrels and seeing if the npc's can survive an antlion attack.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Aren't you able to earn cash while not even playing the game as well?
And where exactly do you get the money to buy the businesses to do that, hmm?
Yeah, the mini-games.
Oh no, I wasn't undermining your post.
I was genuinely asking if you could or not.

T5seconds

Sep 12, 2009
Does MGS4 count? Also welcome comrade to the happiest least trollist place on earth...

*Cough*

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Oh no, I wasn't undermining your post.
I was genuinely asking if you could or not.
Nah, I just asked a retorical question because I thought it would sound cool.

Seriously though, to get the money to buy weapons and stalls to earn money whilst sleeping and not playing, you have to do the mini-games.

Connosaurus Rex

Jul 20, 2009
Fallout 3 since it was my first RPG that I actually played. I probably just wandered awe struck for 2 or 4 hours when I first started.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
The fable 2 money earning games. I needed to do them about 5 times so I could get a house to rent out. yay.

ooh and also I wander around in RPGS wondering where I need to go next

Monkeysicle

May 25, 2008
Animal Crossing Wild World. The whole game is pointless and yet I love it and play it almost everyday for the past two years.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Probably Fable 2. Spent a lot of time trying to move time faster so that a sale would come up or a store would re-stock (I'm looking at you furniture place!). Mass Effect would probably be second along with the handheld Pokemon games.

thejoeverine

Jul 3, 2009
for me it would have to be Ico. Between the prettiness of the scenary and the (finger quote) "AI" of the girl, it's no wonder that this game take longer to finish than it takes a diabetic to eat every item in a candy store

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Screwing around in the wasteland on Fallout 3 is fun. Also the start screen for Scribblenauts is insanely addicting.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Probably either Oblivion or Fallout 3, wandering around looking at the scenery, trying to find all the locations. I think I'll throw any of the Sims games up there as well, pissing time away building characters and setting their houses on fire.

Explosm

Oct 4, 2009
I have to equal games
World of warcraft, 2 years of living in stormwind
Garrysmod, Roleplaying never gets old when you have explosives

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
IdealistCommi said:
Grand Theft Auto 4. When I played it at my cousin's, I spent the first 2+ hours just driving. Not killing anyone, not shooting, not stealing, just driving.
You played GTA4 at your cousin's? Did he call you on his cellphone and ask if you want to go bowling?

OT: I think that it would've been either Fallout 3 or Fable 2. I'm not sure if it counts in Fable 2, however, since the tedious goofing off I did was the only way to make money...

shwnbob

May 16, 2009
Fallout 3 just exploring areas in that game are time wasters then the quests take longer.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Katamari Damacy and all its sequels have had me reading the item descriptions for a good 30 minutes at a time. Hilarious stuff.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Assassin's Creed. I spend a lot more time just walking though the streets, climbing buildings and riding around the holy land than I do actually trying to assassinate people.