What game is your guilty pleasure?

Citizen Box

Feb 24, 2011
Deadly Premonition

So many design flaws, terrible graphics for current generation, and I just cannot dislike it. In fact I can honestly say its a perfect game for what it is. It's like a beautiful train wreak that spouts flowers at the end with horrible horrible textures.

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
Monkfish Acc. said:
I don't think I have one. I'm pretty open with what I like and don't like. I don't see a reason to be embarrassed about it.

I mean, I probably SHOULD be sort of bashful about liking the WWE games. But I'm not because they're fucking great. Have you ever created a wrestler in those? It's like goddamn Christmas for character creation whores.
This. I goddamn love the WWE games. Although I'll admit that the control shift in All-Stars was stupid. But it's just so cathartic to beat the hell out of the guys you don't like.

Other than that, I'd have to say Pump It Up: Exceed. I find myself enjoying jumping around like an idiot much more than any rational human should. But then again, I've never been an entirely rational human.

PPB

May 25, 2009
I'll have to go with... Yoda Stories [http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda_Stories] (the PC version, not the GBA port; and yes there's a pretty big difference between the two).

It's just a fun little exploration/puzzle game to play when you have a few minutes to burn.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Zhukov said:
Bulletstorm I guess.

That or BFBC2.
...are both really fun, awesome games. Why are they your guilty pleasures?

OT: Mine is Final Fantasy X-2. I don't care what anyone says, that game rules and I almost cried with happiness when I finished it with a high enough percentage to bring back Tidus. Seriously, I don't think I'll be that happy at my kids' weddings

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
I have thougt about trying Kingdom Hearts now and again, but I was always to embaressed by the idea of it.

LaMer

Dec 23, 2010
Call of Duty: Black Ops- Leveling up has me addicted.

Blitz: The League II- Super Violent American Football, with an option to play without helmets. Awesome.

Galliam

Dec 26, 2008
I can say Maple Story. I redownload it every 6 months or so and play a new character, but its still pretty bad overall.

The Gnome King

Mar 27, 2011
DigitalAtlas said:
A friend of mine asked me the question in the topic title today. Upon thinking about it, I decided it'd be a good question for The Escapist.

So tell me guys, what game is your guilty pleasure?
I'm really not "guilty" about any game I play, but at 32 and looking at the other 30-somethings with kids around me, sometimes I *feel* guilty; especially when I'm talking to one of my female friends whom I used to *cough* "party" with and who is now married with kids and I go, "Yeah, I just spent 50 hours on my first play-through of DA 2; now going for my 2nd play-through as a warrior..."

...and I get a dirty look and I feel kinda bad.

...but not for long! :D

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Saints Row, I guess?

Before I get dogpiled, I'm gonna go on record saying I LOVE Saints Row, played the tits off the first two and am eagerly awaiting #3. They're great games. I love the nearly unparalleled interactive diversity and turn-about minigames and 'campaign' story. Basically, I love that it's an open world you can actually INTERACT with, EVERYWHERE.

I kinda find the writing an obnoxious hard-off on par with Army of Two and I strongly dislike the aggressively stupid tough guy swagger by way of post 2000's hip hop music video format. That makes me feel weary, very fast. So the attempts at humor kinda fall flat.

By contrast, GTA San Andreas similar sandbox crime thuglife open world humor actually got me INTO poppin' bitches with hallow points for the snitches... so I think my grievence kinda comes down to writing, tone and delivery.

I would probably have my holy grail of gaming if I could get something that was as feature rich and raw fun game mechanics of SR in a more environment and dialogue rich game like GTA: SA or IV. I don't know if those could actually be wed to satisfaction without compromise, but doesn't that sound GREAT? Anyone with me on that one?

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
That would have to be Pokemon.

Every year I tell myself "Look at those stupid new pokemon. They don't look cool, they look like they belong on Looney tunes! I'm not wastin 30 bucks on that! I'm too old for that!"

...And every year I get one of the new ones.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Dynasty warriors.

I know it's the same game every fucking year... i just can't resist.

I want the 7th... so badly... but i can't

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
My guilty pleasure is probably Osu! It's an excuse to listen to J-Pop and impress people while doing so.

Seriously though, this guy is using a mouse, I struggle on that song with the wacom tablet, this guy is just NUTS!

Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
What I say everytime I feel like playing it:
Oh man, I haven't played that game in a while, I never ended up finishing and always mean to get back to it. I'm gonna take this as a sign and finish it right now, dammit!