What game made the biggest impression on you as a child?

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Super Mario RPG. It was my gateway into RPGs as a little kid. I remember playing Chrono Trigger afterwards and getting frustrated since I kept thinking that I was messing up the timed hits.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Pac-Man.

You can't have an impression bigger than "Wow, video games are a thing that exists and they look awesome!"

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Console: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. Yep! The "worst video game of all-time". A friend gave that to me without an instruction manual. So, it took me forever to figure out to play the game. Once, I did. I spent hours playing the game. Looking back, it was zen-like experience. It was my Skyrim.

Arcade: Gauntlet. "Do not shoot the food!" I spent a lot of time and quarters playing that game as a kid. It was one of the very few games that I enjoyed playing with other people.

P.C.: I don't know the name. There was a game that I played in school that help you learn to type. You race a car around the track. You have to type the word blocking the track before the car ran into it. It was a fun and helpful game that still sticks with me.